Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Shinron  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2008 7:03:05 AM(UTC)
Shinron
Private

i was trying to make a map with infinite money and some infinite salvage parts. i just followed and copied the ways that the other inf. maps had in their scripts but for some reason when i start my map up, it would just make extreme lag and slow down dramatically as if the item i want unlimited is stackin up together or something. can some1 help me out with this so it wont become laggy?
Sponsor
Offline Yoshi714  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2008 7:07:30 AM(UTC)
Yoshi714
Major

Do you want infinite money for just you? or for the computer controlled AI as well.
Turtling is not a strategy, its a weakness
Offline Me Myself and Pi  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2008 7:17:58 AM(UTC)
Me Myself and Pi
Colonel

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 5 post(s)
With unlimited money maps, you need to be sure that the money crates only spawn when there is no money crates in the area. This way, there will only be just one money crate there. It sounds like in your map, the crates just keep spawning forever on end, causing the extreme lag.

So your scripts should look like this:
Code:
*** IF ***
    Player 'PlyrCivilian' has Equal To  0  unit or structure with Kind is 'CRATE' in the  area 'Money Area 1'
*** THEN ***
  Spawn unit of type '2500DollarCrate' on Team 'TeamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'Money Spawn 1'

The condition is located at Player\Owns\Player has (comparison) kind of unit or structure in an area.
For the action, it's Unit\Spawn\Spawn -- unnamed unit on a team at a waypoint.
For the Script Properties uncheck "Deactivate upon success". This will allow the crates to spawn forever on end as long as the players is collecting the crates. Leave all the other options as default for the Script Properties.

The condition I used might confuse you. Every object in the game has a "Kind of" setting. These settings define the objects of what their capable of. The 2500DollarCrate, only has two of them, "PARACHUTABLE" & "CRATE". So if you change the "CRATE" in that condition to "PARACHUTABLE", it would work too.
thanks 1 user thanked Me Myself and Pi for this useful post.
CommieDog on 5/23/2012(UTC)
Offline Drummin  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2008 8:55:18 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I was doing some testing of this awhile back and made these test maps.
One has AI scripts and crashes, so don't use that one.
In any case, you might be able to use these scripts.

Download Attachment: TestAI_CrateMaps.zip
189.78 KB

Edited by moderator Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:21:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline presiadof  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2009 9:45:59 PM(UTC)
presiadof
Private

i would also like learn how to add unlimited money on my custom maps. can some one tell me the correct steps please detail steps. thanx