Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yoshi714  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 12:46:40 PM(UTC)
Yoshi714
Major

1) What does "increase success priority by ##" mean when scripting? and along the same lines, inside team building what is meant by "success priority increase" and "failure priority decrease"? I still don't quite understand how to use that.

2) Similar question, can I create my own priority set? Within the script AttckPriorities the options are Apply Priority Set and Create Priority Set. However, the create one only allows modification of current priority sets (as for as I can tell), but I want to be able to make my own priority set rather than altering one already created.

The reason I ask is because when I create teams for USA generals I try to have auroras destroy tech first, then base buidling, then power then super weapons. But I want to be able to have them focus on one type at a time. The way it is now even though the priority for the tech center may be higher, it wont always go after the tech center because other things are in that priority set. If I can have them usea priority set that has ONLY the tech center first, then once the tech center is gone switch them to the base building priority set, and then onto the others and so on that would be more efficient for me. Plus I want to be able to have the number of planes required for a team change depending on what it is they are attacking since its a waste to send in 2 auroras after the main base if they arent going to finish it off right away. Also one more question, within the priority sets, and unit types that can be used within priority sets, which one applies to the dozers and GLA workers?? Is that just object of type "Vehicle"? or is vehicle for tanks as well, because there is already one called tanks.
Turtling is not a strategy, its a weakness
Sponsor
Offline fleetatks  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 2:02:16 PM(UTC)
fleetatks
Colonel

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The way the priority set works, is that it takes every priority of every object (unsure what the default is) and attacks the highest priority first. The highest priority is also changed by distance, so that even though a super weapon priority is 1000000, if it is on the other side of the map it will attack the higher priority's first (such as a nearby tank.) I'll save you a couple hours and upload a priority set list I made from an altered official level's priority set. It contains every soldier/unit/building from every general. To use it, go into the map's scripts menu and click import scripts.

Download Attachment: UserPostedImage PrioritySet.zip
4.57 KB

Edit: I forgot that this sets objects as a name that you can set a priority to. For example, you can easily create a script that sets "Superweapons" to 100 and "Jarmens" to 50. It is much faster and easier then setting "GLA_Jarmen" "Tox_Jarmen" ect.. to 50. I suggest either using a 1-10 scale, 1-100 scale, or at most a 1-1000 scale for the priority's.

Edited by user Monday, March 24, 2008 2:08:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Email me if you ever need help (edited signature November 6th, 2014)
Offline Yoshi714  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 2:16:55 PM(UTC)
Yoshi714
Major

Thanks for the download... although how do I make a new priority set if I want to make one of my own?? Like you said, the units will measure distance along with the priority number so for my air attacks I want to be able to have one object per set so that they dont go for anything else until that one object type is destroyed.
Turtling is not a strategy, its a weakness
Offline fleetatks  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 3:00:58 PM(UTC)
fleetatks
Colonel

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You can use the 'set' option under the attack_priority section in the scripts (Going by memory, should be at the top) and do something like "Set Priority (AirUnits [found at the bottom of select object list inside of set objects]) to #."
Email me if you ever need help (edited signature November 6th, 2014)