Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nathanisonline  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 12:22:03 AM(UTC)
nathanisonline
Private

Several years ago, I made a mod for my own personal use. It consisted entirely of random models I had found and random units pulled from other mods. It was never distributed in anyway, and I spent way more time making it than I did playing it. (Thanks to all of you who helped me with my dumb questions way back then, back when I used the account matthewandnathan.)

At some point I dropped the project, and then along the way lost the game files. Recently I bought the CnC collection on Origin and was reminiscing about my mod. Digging through some backups I found (most) of the code I had written for the mod, but very few of the models were present. (Impressively enough, I was able to drop the code into a clean Zero Hour install and actually play it; albeit with almost everything being either invisible or only detectable by it's particle effects.)

I have managed to track down many of the models I used (most were originally from other mods or model packs on ModDB and as such I could easily find them); however I can't find any of the structure models I used.
The only thing I could find based on my vague memories was this image: https://tcrf.net/File:GZHPAmericaBattlelab.png ; which is from a page showing off cut content from the earlier builds of Generals.

I used a structure that seems to my memories to be a reproduction of that model, along with several other structures that followed a similar aesthetic. Since the models in my mod were all complete, my assumption is that there is some mod out there that takes inspiration from early builds of Generals; but I can't find such a mod. If anyone is familiar with that mod I would appreciate a link.
Sponsor