Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline acidbrain  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 5:20:15 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Why not use tunnelnetwork as somekind of dummy?
Place tunnelnetwork, place waypoint underneath it and just spawn the teams at the waypoints under the tunnels and attack players...
When a team exits a tunnel it is also kinda spawned into the world, i dont think a player sees the difference between a team exiting a tunnel or a team that is spawned at waypoint under tunnel(didnt test it, busy with other things), you can use a script to play exit sound when you spawn team under tunnel...Just an idea

Cheers
Panem et kirkinses
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 6:11:58 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Originally Posted by: acidbrain Go to Quoted Post
Why not use tunnelnetwork as somekind of dummy?
Place tunnelnetwork, place waypoint underneath it and just spawn the teams at the waypoints under the tunnels and attack players...
When a team exits a tunnel it is also kinda spawned into the world, i dont think a player sees the difference between a team exiting a tunnel or a team that is spawned at waypoint under tunnel(didnt test it, busy with other things), you can use a script to play exit sound when you spawn team under tunnel...Just an idea

Cheers

This works but if the tunnel got disabled with a microwave or EMP turret/bomb the units would still spawn. I believe this is no way to check if an object is enabled or not.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Offline Unknown Editor  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 10:51:25 PM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 59 post(s)
I myself Destructed all this obstacles alright but this will require INI support XD
You might wanna use this :

Code:
CommandButton Command_GenericScriptConstruct
 Command = UNIT_BUILD
 Object  = CINE_ConvoyTruckArmedWithNuke
 Options = SCRIPT_ONLY
End

Object CINE_ConvoyTruckArmedWithNuke
RemoveModule ModuleTag_01 ; Art Draw
 AddModule
  Behavior          = DeletionUpdate ModuleTag_AutoDelete
   MinLifetime      = 2
   MaxLifetime      = 2
  End
 End
 KindOf             = VEHICLE
 BuildTime          = 0.0
SoundMoveStart      = NoSound
ShroudClearingRange = 0
End

CommandSet "SpecialObject"CommandSet
 15 = Command_GenericScriptConstruct ; 15 works and is the best solution if all of 14 are full
End

; Be Advised :
Object If_I_don't_have_ProductionUpdate
 AddModule
  Behavior = ProductionUpdate ModuleTag_Productive
  ;no Data
  End
 End
End

And then All you need will be :
1. A Timer for "Reload Reload !"
-- then a Script to make Unit or Team use Construct Command upon timer cooldown
2. An Area to check if player has got a "CINE_ConvoyTruckArmedWithNuke" for the TunnelNetwork
3. An Script to spawn & Enable the Team (Unit is Better for this Purpose but requires much more effort)

Edited by user Wednesday, August 22, 2018 10:55:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
Offline acidbrain  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 11:53:30 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Originally Posted by: SkyMix_RMT Go to Quoted Post

This works but if the tunnel got disabled with a microwave or EMP turret/bomb the units would still spawn. I believe this is no way to check if an object is enabled or not.

What about this?
Check if player starts using EMP and then if the bomb is inside the tunel area, needs some experimenting to finetune though...
Code:

*** IF ***
    Enemy starts using Special power 'SuperweaponEMPPulse'.
*** THEN ***
  [???]Enable Script 'Check for EMP bomb'.

*** IF ***
     Enemy has Greater Than or Equal To  1  unit or structure of type 'EMPPulseBomb' in the  area 'TunnelArea'
*** THEN ***
  Do not spawn for some time now

You could use this script to check if tunnel gets attacked by microwave
Code:

*** IF ***
     Unit 'Tunnel' has been attacked by a(n) 'AmericaTankMicrowave'
*** THEN ***

But hey what do i know, im a unexperienced mapmaker...

Cheers
Panem et kirkinses
thanks 1 user thanked acidbrain for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 8/23/2018(UTC)
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#25 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 6:54:28 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)

What about this?
Check if player starts using EMP and then if the bomb is inside the tunel area, needs some experimenting to finetune though...
Code:

*** IF ***
*** THEN ***

*** IF ***
     Enemy has Greater Than or Equal To  1  unit or structure of type 'EMPPulseBomb' in the  area 'TunnelArea'
*** THEN ***

Code:

*** IF ***
*** THEN ***

Cheers

That's a very good solution!

Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Offline i^love^mixery  
#26 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 11:52:54 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 147 post(s)

What about this?
Code:

*** IF ***
*** THEN ***

*** IF ***
*** THEN ***

Code:

*** IF ***
*** THEN ***

Cheers

That's a very good solution!

Smart idea but will be problematic.

Leaflet drop will not stop the tunnel.

EMP will not stop the tunnel.

And the microwave tanks will instantly stop the tunnel, normally it will take 1-2 seconds for the deactivation to be completed. Also note that this script will always return true after the first attack. So after the first microwave tank was destroyed it will still return true. The script should actually be called this:

Code:
"Unit "X" has at any point in the past ever been attacked by a(n) "Y"

Which makes the script pretty much useless.

As far as I know there is no working method (or workaround) to check if a specific building is currently powered or not :(

Edited by user Friday, August 24, 2018 11:57:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked i^love^mixery for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 8/27/2018(UTC)
Offline acidbrain  
#27 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 2:03:11 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

What if you create 4 different tunnelnetworks in ini file, you give each tunnel own commandset.
You create a unit in ini that can only be build by 1 type of tunnel(so 4 units total), now you can use script to build a unit from that tunnel, the unit to build is of course invisible and lives for a few msecs, so before you want to spawn a team in the tunnel you check if you can build that special unit(buildtime 0.2 sec or so), use script to check if it exists and if it doesnt the tunnel is disabled or maybe already destroyed...Just a thought

And leafletdrop is a 'LeafletContainer' object that is dropped from a plane so you could check for that object in an area if player starts using that special power...

Cheers

Edited by user Friday, August 24, 2018 2:15:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Secret

Panem et kirkinses
Offline i^love^mixery  
#28 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 2:45:20 PM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

What if you create 4 different tunnelnetworks in ini file, you give each tunnel own commandset.
You create a unit in ini that can only be build by 1 type of tunnel(so 4 units total), now you can use script to build a unit from that tunnel, the unit to build is of course invisible and lives for a few msecs, so before you want to spawn a team in the tunnel you check if you can build that special unit(buildtime 0.2 sec or so), use script to check if it exists and if it doesnt the tunnel is disabled or maybe already destroyed...Just a thought

And leafletdrop is a 'LeafletContainer' object that is dropped from a plane so you could check for that object in an area if player starts using that special power...

Cheers

There are probably a lot of ways to get this fixed via map.ini

The thing is, this is supposed to be an AOD. You will not get enough players online who already have the map. It is crucial for AOD maps to work without .ini file.
Offline acidbrain  
#29 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 2:52:45 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Yeah, i know, but like to think of ways to get stuff working...
I cursed many times that there is no script or module to detect current conditionstates and disabled states and such, there is that status bit thingy but then the object needs the module and upgrade to trigger statusbit, dont know if that status bit stuff works btw, never tested it...
Panem et kirkinses
Offline i^love^mixery  
#30 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 3:31:22 PM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

I pretty much tried every possible solution that comes with the worldbuilder, I used both, all team and all unit script conditions. None of them can detect whether a building is powered.

I did things like
"If team is ready to use command button CommandSell" (tried all Command Buttons there are)
"If team's state is "POWERED / FS_POWERED / GARRISONABLE / ATTACKING / AIMING WEAPON" etc. etc. etc.
"Player has buildings or units with state X in trigger area"

Tried literally all I could think of. No way to detect if tunnel is frozen or not.

Edited by user Friday, August 24, 2018 3:35:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline acidbrain  
#31 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 1:53:01 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

i^love^mixery wrote:

"If team's state is "POWERED / FS_POWERED / GARRISONABLE / ATTACKING / AIMING WEAPON" etc. etc. etc.
"Player has buildings or units with state X in trigger area"

I think that whole state script is worthless, tried it a long time ago, tried to make teams work together with the state scripts, set team state to merged and such, never got it to work, seems like a remnant of unimplemented stuff...

The statusbit scripts however only work if you add the 'StatusBitsUpgrade' module to a unit, i think, didnt test it but is seems logic to me.
Here is the module:
Code:

StatusBitsUpgrade
  TriggeredBy         = [entry(s) from Upgrade.INI]
  FXListUpgrade       = [entry from FXList.INI]
  ConflictsWith       = [entry(s) from Upgrade.INI]
  RequiresAllTriggers = [Yes/No]
  StatusToSet         = [status name]
  StatusToClear       = [status name]
End

So if i understand correctly you trigger a new status with an upgrade so when you got your new status you can check it with script
Code:

*** IF ***
    [???] Unit '???' has Object Status is '?^
*** THEN ***
  Null operation. (Does nothing.)

Here are the statusbits:
Code:

StatusBitTypes:
KILLING_SELF 
FAERIE_FIRE
STATUS_RIDER8
STATUS_RIDER7 
STATUS_RIDER6 
STATUS_RIDER5 
STATUS_RIDER4 
STATUS_RIDER3 
STATUS_RIDER2 
STATUS_RIDER1
DECK_HEIGHT_OFFSET, 
IS_CARBOMB 
IGNORING_STEALTH 
NO_ATTACK_FROM_AI 
IS_AIMING_WEAPON 
USING_ABILITY 
MASKED
RECONSTRUCTING 
UNDERGOING_REPAIR 
SOLD
CAN_STEALTH 
DETECTED, STEALTHED 
IS_BRAKING
IS_FIRING_WEAPON
WET 
AFLAME 
HIJACKED 
REPULSOR
PARACHUTING 
AIRBORNE_TARGET 
NO_ATTACK 
NO_COLLISIONS 
UNSELECTABLE 
UNDER_CONSTRUCTION, 
CAN_ATTACK 
DESTROYED

What i dont understand however is why you would need an upgrade to set a statusbit SOLD for example or UNDER_CONSTRUCTION, heck most of these statusbits dont make any sense upgradewise, WET made me lol and moist...;P

Cheers

Edited by user Saturday, August 25, 2018 1:58:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Secret

Panem et kirkinses
Offline Pasha  
#32 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 5:37:02 AM(UTC)
Pasha
Captain
Turkey

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I don't have zero hour right now, but I have an idea.
What if we add 3 players in the player list, civilian faction (or else they won't exist), make them enemies of all human players, then spawn 4 teams, 4 tunnel networks, and 4 sneak attacks (3 of each are transferred to each civilian player), and then have scripts telling the civilian players to enter the tunnel and hunt from inside it?

SkyMix_RMT's idea looks like a solution. He doesn't have installed Zero Hour as he said. Would you please make workshop map for his idea by editing AOD TunnelNetwork v00.map Please without ini file.

I tried but i'm afraid i made something wrong and not successfull.

Thnx

Edited by user Saturday, August 25, 2018 5:40:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline acidbrain  
#33 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 6:17:49 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Pasha wrote:

That usually happens in a learning curve, usually people try again and try again until it works, they dont ask others to make workshops, they spend hours and hours and hours with testing and figuring out how it works and then after a period of time you become a experienced mapmaker, it is called educating yourself...
You have a pretty clear description so what is the problem? you want to be spoonfed?...
Maybe not being afraid is a solution? afraid of what? that you get teleported into another dimension if you use the wrong script?

If you want to be succesful in life you have to take risk, the risk of not being succesful and the bad feeling that goes along with it, just suck it up and dont cry when you fail, we all fail 99.9% of the time ffs, you're not special...

Cheers
Panem et kirkinses
thanks 2 users thanked acidbrain for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 8/25/2018(UTC), Unknown Editor on 8/25/2018(UTC)
Offline Pasha  
#34 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 12:30:12 PM(UTC)
Pasha
Captain
Turkey

Pasha wrote:

That usually happens in a learning curve, usually people try again and try again until it works, they dont ask others to make workshops, they spend hours and hours and hours with testing and figuring out how it works and then after a period of time you become a experienced mapmaker, it is called educating yourself...
You have a pretty clear description so what is the problem? you want to be spoonfed?...
Maybe not being afraid is a solution? afraid of what? that you get teleported into another dimension if you use the wrong script?

If you want to be succesful in life you have to take risk, the risk of not being succesful and the bad feeling that goes along with it, just suck it up and dont cry when you fail, we all fail 99.9% of the time ffs, you're not special...

Cheers

For someone who is 60 years old and has been trying to make AOD maps by itself since 2007, the interpretation is a bit heavy. It was a little unlucky to blame me for being lazy. It has to be one of your ignorance to try to give lessons about life to Someone who has taught at universities about his profession for years.

Anyway, you will see my approach to make map and “Map Makers”, if you visit to Map Maker Page of my website (pashacnc.com).

We, Map Makers are spending hours, hours and hours to create a map. We are fighting with scripts, errors, never moving units, etc. for hours on end to make a map playable. The Most of players don’t care who made map, and only playing, consuming the maps and then asking for new maps without respecting the Map Makers even a few remained. This makes me sick.

Please Respect Map Makers...

I wanted to take a fresh look at the last few topics that I have opened in CNCLAB. Workshop, small practical map applications. With such studies, it may be possible for us to draw the attention of new map makers.

It would be wrong to extend this issue further.

Best regards,
Pasha

Edited by user Saturday, August 25, 2018 12:32:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline acidbrain  
#35 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 12:59:31 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Pasha wrote:

For someone who is 60 years old and has been trying to make AOD maps by itself since 2007, the interpretation is a bit heavy. It was a little unlucky to blame me for being lazy. It has to be one of your ignorance to try to give lessons about life to Someone who has taught at universities about his profession for years.

Age doesnt matter and i dont care if you taught at universities, ive seen many dumb people come from universities, heads full with programmed stuff but not able to think for themselves, even if you taught the dudes at NASA how to fly a spacecraft i wouldnt care, it is about gens and worldbuilder over here so you dont impress me with your list of personal achievements, i havent seen any of that intelligence over here, and fyi i feel very lucky...

Whats the use of making workshops? spend your time on map making and fixing your problems, you spend time to prepare your posts, upload pictures to your site, make the posts over here, setting other people to work with your workshops...Spend your time on fixing your problems instead of all kinds of bullsjit...

There are an x amount of usable scripts in worldbuilder with an x amount of possibilities to use those scripts, if you want to master the craft you have to spend some time on it, burn the midnight oil, and if you started in 2007 and are on a level now where you have to ask how to handle a few bunkers and force workshops on people who have better things to do then i say what the heck have you been doing in worldbuilder for 11 years? after 11 years of worldbuilder you have to be an experienced map maker, it is no higher math and you as a teacher on universities should have the brainpower to handle a few boolean scripts in worldbuilder dont you think¿!...

So stop wasting your time on bullcrap workshops for others but spend your time on fixing your own problems, if you have a question just ask but stay on track, it is a shame that i have to explain that to a 60 year old, with all your life experience...

Oh and in case you think who are you with you big mouth, what are your achievements i say take a look at this ZH Banking System, 800+scripts, working on a 1000+ scripts map atm but have nobody to test it with so if anyone has the time and mood you know where to find me...I have loads and loads of more work but all unfinished because well, adhd and attentionspan of a mosquito, oh and since we are hanging our laundry outside i also have a severe skin disease so am in constant pain and sjit, my family kicked me out of the door because i think the wrong things so i am also alone...Are you feeling unlucky now that you posted that comment?...I still feel happy and lucky, what about you?

Have a good day

Edited by user Saturday, August 25, 2018 1:19:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Secret

Panem et kirkinses
Offline Pasha  
#36 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 1:18:58 PM(UTC)
Pasha
Captain
Turkey

acidbrain,

Please end this debate which is not good for anyone. I will not answer you again.

Pasha
Offline acidbrain  
#37 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 1:40:49 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Originally Posted by: Pasha Go to Quoted Post
acidbrain,

Please end this debate which is not good for anyone. I will not answer you again.

Pasha

No worries mate, have nothing more to say, i know it is hard when a truth bomb hits inner space.
Dude you havent said a single word to me on this forum to this day, this is the first conversation we have here, have been trying to help on mutliple threads but if someone doesnt have the info you want you just dont speak to them, you simply start the comment with the name of the person you want to talk to and go f yourself to the rest, classy, you dont even have the decency to thank the people who invested time to help you, with your 60 years of life experience you behave like this and you have the guts to say that im unlucky and ignorant because i confronted you with stuff you dont want to see, really dude?, fyi im 43 so that is not that much of a difference...

So yeah this debate has ended...
[/debate]
Salam aleikum and have funCool

Edited by user Saturday, August 25, 2018 1:56:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Panem et kirkinses
Offline i^love^mixery  
#38 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 3:10:23 PM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

I think that whole state script is worthless, tried it a long time ago, tried to make teams work together with the state scripts, set team state to merged and such, never got it to work, seems like a remnant of unimplemented stuff...

tbh not entirely worthless and I am thinking of ways to implement some of this stuff into a new mission in my mission map.

Things like
IS_BRAKING
IS_FIRING_WEAPON

Do actually work, sometimes not the way you would imagine but they do work and are usable.

Originally Posted by: Pasha Go to Quoted Post

Thnx

If you tried then please upload your attempt and let me check. The map version you attached is pretty much blank.

The things you are requesting are a lot of work. I am willing to help you. But I will not script it for you on a blank map just for you to use it or to decide it's too much trouble to use on your own. Please do not get me wrong.

Why is the AOD map almost blank anyway? Maybe you should start with the absolute basics (map layout, cash, fundamental timers/waves/trigger areas)? Why are you worrying about the base attacks at this point? Or is there a more progressed version of the map?

Edited by user Saturday, August 25, 2018 3:13:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked i^love^mixery for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 8/25/2018(UTC), Pasha on 9/7/2018(UTC)
Offline acidbrain  
#39 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 4:10:54 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

So, some time has gone by now so lets discuss this matter as adults now, at least if you want to talk Pasha...
Pasha, i didnt want to hurt you in any way, i just got sick of your arrogant behavior over here just like you get sick from people who dont respect mapmakers.
I understand that you as a teacher had a certain power over your students but over here there are some other rules.
Over here you are the student and you are surrounded by teachers because the game is old and there are only a handfull of people left in the community which means that a lot of us are pretty skilled in all aspects of the game, we dont need workshops anymore because we already had those, we are no freshmen anymore, not that we know everything btw.(only mixery knows it all, he is aka Jesus :P)

You come walking in with a low skill level with the illusion that you can be a teacher over here, nothing wrong with having the ambition to be a teacher but first you have too study for a few years yourself before you can even think of being a teacher over here.
I really appreciate it that you have your C&C website and that you put your energy in things like that, it is good for the community which is getting smaller and smaller, i also appreciate that you want to educate others but be aware of where you are and what kind of people you have around you...

It was and is not my intention to judge you as a person, i just wanted to make you aware of your behavior, nothing more nothing less.
What if in your years as a teacher on universities a student wanted to give you some homework or a workshop? what would you have said?
You and i both know the answer to that...

To be honest i feel bad about the whole matter, i understand why you behave like you do, you have always been a teacher and you are still in that modus operandi, i hope that you understand why i said what i said, i know that i can be really facking harsh and blunt, some call me cancerous but if you are honest to yourself you know why you got the response you got.
Im willing to forget this whole matter and bury the turd we created, the community is small and the last thing we need is a cancerous mood...

Cheers
Panem et kirkinses
thanks 1 user thanked acidbrain for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 8/27/2018(UTC)
Offline acidbrain  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 11:38:31 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Yo Pasha do i have to lure you out with some baklava?, i saw you online this week dude...
Come on dude we have a chance to grow both here, do you really want to miss that?
Staying angry is the worst you can do, you will have to face this trouble again if you dont transform the energy now, the universe can be a real bitch if you are stuborn and i know that out of experience...But maybe that is a bit too esotheric...:P
Panem et kirkinses