Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
acidbrain Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 12:03:54 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General
Joined: 12/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 988

Thanks: 95 times
Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 367 post(s)
Hey fellaz,

You had to wait for a while but finally the application is finished and ready for an alpha release...
Feel free to notify me if you find stuff that is not ok or if you find stuff that can be done better.
At this moment only .png files can be imported and exported but it doesnt take that much time to convert an image to .png or .tga with Paint.NET.

C&C Cameo Studio V1.0

An overview window can be opened where all the data from the added cameos is displayed.
C&C Cameo Studio V1.0

A tutorial is included in the application.
C&C Cameo Studio V1.0

The generated .ini file.
C&C Cameo Studio V1.0

Generated texture
C&C Cameo Studio V1.0

The application creates new directories so it is best to create a shortcut to the .exe and put that on your desktop.
Im not a pro programmer so all feedback is welcome, i spent quite a bit of time on the application so i would appreciate it if you let me know what you think of it...

Greetz

[Edit: CommieDog] Stickied
Thanks Commie

*Edit 08-09-'17*
Uploaded V1.1, you can export textures to .tga, .png and .jpg now, if you select 'Export Texture' a dialog with a choice menu will show...
Loading tga and dds images and saving to dds will be added in future releases...

*Edit 09-09-'17*
Uploaded a new version of the 1.1 release, the old one is no longer available.
Removed the jpg export option because it was a brainfart bullsjit idea.
You can load png, jpg, tga, dds and psd images now...

Edited by user Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:19:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Top Secret

File Attachment(s):
C&C Cameo Studio V1.0.rar (1,908kb) downloaded 166 time(s).
C&C Cameo Studio_V1.1.rar (1,939kb) downloaded 247 time(s).
Panem et kirkinses
 14 users thanked acidbrain for this useful post.
klingondragon on 2/26/2017(UTC), Zero Hour Mad Map Maker on 2/26/2017(UTC), CommieDog on 2/27/2017(UTC), R.I.P on 3/2/2017(UTC), NewtronGamer3 on 3/3/2017(UTC), mr_hymn_ on 3/6/2017(UTC), qqqqqqqqqp on 3/19/2017(UTC), Gameanater on 4/4/2017(UTC), elliesy on 4/5/2017(UTC), Unknown Editor on 5/17/2017(UTC), UTD^Force on 5/20/2017(UTC), SkyMix_RMT on 5/22/2017(UTC), adrianemapmaker on 11/7/2017(UTC), Commander Newgate on 1/18/2019(UTC)
Sponsor
Zero Hour Mad Map Maker Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 7:28:31 PM(UTC)
Zero Hour Mad Map Maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Joined: 12/27/2013(UTC)
Posts: 693
Canada
Location: Tails's World

Thanks: 179 times
Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 121 post(s)
Geez! Awesome work AcidBrain!!!
Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
R.I.P Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 2:20:00 AM(UTC)
R.I.P
Captain
Joined: 6/20/2015(UTC)
Posts: 77

Thanks: 18 times
Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Great work dude
It's me your friendly modder ZOMBATAR!
acidbrain Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 9:25:17 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General
Joined: 12/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 988

Thanks: 95 times
Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 367 post(s)
A bit of feedback would be great fellaz, ffs i got more response on the thread on which i posted a picture then over here where i posted the app, really funny
Panem et kirkinses
R.I.P Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 2:04:52 AM(UTC)
R.I.P
Captain
Joined: 6/20/2015(UTC)
Posts: 77

Thanks: 18 times
Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Feedback:
I tried to start it, it gave me Java error and took me to Java software official Page on the Internet i downloaded the latest version of Java and it worked :)
It's me your friendly modder ZOMBATAR!
 1 user thanked R.I.P for this useful post.
acidbrain on 3/2/2017(UTC)
acidbrain Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 2:16:30 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General
Joined: 12/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 988

Thanks: 95 times
Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 367 post(s)
Originally Posted by: R.I.P Go to Quoted Post
Feedback:
I tried to start it, it gave me Java error and took me to Java software official Page on the Internet i downloaded the latest version of Java and it worked :)

Thank you R.I.P., that is how it is supposed to work, when you have a java version that is not correct you are directed to the java site.

Greetz

Panem et kirkinses
acidbrain Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 2:25:38 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General
Joined: 12/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 988

Thanks: 95 times
Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 367 post(s)
I responded like that because this is not the fist time that this kind of stuff happens to me in the c&c community, made w3d models for people and never got a response from them when I uploaded the stuff, I spent a load of time on it and people didn't even take the time to say thanks or give some kind of feedback.

Edited by user Thursday, March 2, 2017 3:13:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Panem et kirkinses
R.I.P Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 3:50:09 AM(UTC)
R.I.P
Captain
Joined: 6/20/2015(UTC)
Posts: 77

Thanks: 18 times
Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I understand your point
And just wanted to help so I gave you my feedback :)
And I hope to see more of your great work

Edited by user Thursday, March 2, 2017 6:47:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

It's me your friendly modder ZOMBATAR!
CommieDog Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 5:26:56 AM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
Joined: 8/3/2003(UTC)
Posts: 3,086
United States

Thanks: 446 times
Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: acidbrain Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: R.I.P Go to Quoted Post
Feedback:
I tried to start it, it gave me Java error and took me to Java software official Page on the Internet i downloaded the latest version of Java and it worked :)

Thank you R.I.P., that is how it is supposed to work, when you have a java version that is not correct you are directed to the java site.

Greetz


Just out of curiosity, what version of Java does your program use?

CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
acidbrain Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 6:04:38 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General
Joined: 12/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 988

Thanks: 95 times
Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 367 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CommieDog Go to Quoted Post

Just out of curiosity, what version of Java does your program use?

1.8.0_101, if you run the exe and your java version is lower then 1.8.0_101 you will be directed to the oracle site to update your java version...

Greetz

Panem et kirkinses
 1 user thanked acidbrain for this useful post.
elliesy on 4/17/2017(UTC)
NewtronGamer3 Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 12:36:20 PM(UTC)
NewtronGamer3
Private
Joined: 1/1/2017(UTC)
Posts: 12
Brazil

Thanks: 69 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: acidbrain Go to Quoted Post
A bit of feedback would be great fellaz, ffs i got more response on the thread on which i posted a picture then over here where i posted the app, really funny




Originally Posted by: acidbrain Go to Quoted Post

Thank you R.I.P., that is how it is supposed to work, when you have a java version that is not correct you are directed to the java site.

Greetz



My feed back is..................good.

I don't have any use for it, but I downloaded it on your behalf Cool ~





elliesy Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2017 11:49:28 PM(UTC)
elliesy
Major
Joined: 2/26/2016(UTC)
Posts: 222
Philippines
Location: Manila

Thanks: 242 times
Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Good job Sir....
.
.

Do you have a Video tutorial for make a example .:D
elliesy Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 8:37:18 AM(UTC)
elliesy
Major
Joined: 2/26/2016(UTC)
Posts: 222
Philippines
Location: Manila

Thanks: 242 times
Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
When the professional RELEASE version.:D hehehehhe
.
.
.
i'am so excited ... anything help ... i will help you
as know
As long as I can :D

.
.
i have a Little background in programming but i am not good
but sometimes if i need i Becoming a very good programmer " if i needed... you know..:D
.
.
HAppy modding GENERALS. .:D

Edited by user Monday, April 17, 2017 8:44:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

acidbrain Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:37:15 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General
Joined: 12/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 988

Thanks: 95 times
Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 367 post(s)
At the moment im working on several other applications so don't think im going to post a newer version soon, I still have to implement the tga stuff.
Days just don't have enough hours...;P
Panem et kirkinses
 1 user thanked acidbrain for this useful post.
elliesy on 4/23/2017(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 7:38:29 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Joined: 2/21/2015(UTC)
Posts: 386
Portugal

Thanks: 80 times
Was thanked: 131 time(s) in 94 post(s)
It's an awesome tool. Acidbrain you are a very cool guy
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
 1 user thanked SkyMix_RMT for this useful post.
acidbrain on 5/22/2017(UTC)
Gameanater Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 2:47:14 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Joined: 5/13/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,569
United States
Location: The Matrix

Thanks: 580 times
Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 147 post(s)
Made some TF2 cameos in GIMP by pasting some images from the game over an existing cameo texture. Can't wait to try putting it through Cameo Studio when I can. Big Smile
File Attachment(s):
SAUserInterfaceTF2_001.png (434kb) downloaded 64 time(s).
It is better to die standing up than to live life on your knees.
acidbrain Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 2:49:41 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General
Joined: 12/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 988

Thanks: 95 times
Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 367 post(s)
Hey fellaz,

I uploaded a new version of C&C Cameo Studio, version 1.1, you can find it in the first post.
You can export textures to .png, .jpg and .tga now.
When you use the 'Export Texture' button a dialog with a choice menu will show.

Exporting to dds and importing dds and tga will be added in future releases.
Have fun with it...Big Smile

Greetz
Panem et kirkinses
adrianemapmaker Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 4:40:14 AM(UTC)
adrianemapmaker
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Joined: 3/8/2016(UTC)
Posts: 1,114
Philippines
Location: Norzagaray,Bulacan

Thanks: 312 times
Was thanked: 181 time(s) in 145 post(s)
Nice updateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
A part of ZH worldbuilders map making community
https://discord.gg/tJ6zyGb






R.I.P Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 7:42:16 AM(UTC)
R.I.P
Captain
Joined: 6/20/2015(UTC)
Posts: 77

Thanks: 18 times
Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Nice, keep up the great work
It's me your friendly modder ZOMBATAR!
acidbrain Offline
#20 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 6:45:48 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General
Joined: 12/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 988

Thanks: 95 times
Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 367 post(s)
Hey fellaz,

Uploaded a new version of the 1.1 release so the 7 people who downloaded the old version can throw it in the bin, there are several bugs in it, sorry i should have been more precise but for some reason i had a lot of brainfarts that day...:P.
Removed the jpg export option because it was a brainfart bullsjit idea.
You can load png, jpg, tga, dds and psd images now and save to png or tga...
Have fun with it...

Greetz

Edited by user Friday, September 8, 2017 6:47:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Secret

Panem et kirkinses
 1 user thanked acidbrain for this useful post.
R.I.P on 9/9/2017(UTC)
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 1.9.6.1 | YAF © 2003-2020, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.919 seconds.