Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline casmaran  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 11:05:45 PM(UTC)
casmaran
Private

I installed AllStars1.2 to a folder with Zero Hour and patch 1.04 installed like the instructions said. Then it crashed after the splash screen with the usual stand by overheat error yada yada...I ran world builder to debug and it said it was missing a bunch of files. sound wavs and such, which I only found in the General's folder. I uninstalled AllStars and now every generals.exe file in all 12 folders of my other mods do not start at all they all crash after the splash screen.Angry It is looking like I will have to delete and uninstall all of my C&C mods and and start all over from scratch and reinstall everything. Dead I have Remix, Reborn and several copies of Zero hour that I keep for installing different mods and none work now. What did AllStars change that I can't get anything to work?
Sponsor
Offline Rrtaya_tsamsiyu  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 1:41:02 PM(UTC)
Rrtaya_tsamsiyu
Colonel
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 139 post(s)
If all stars has a launcher, i would guess it didn't work right. Or the mod you played before installing all stars didn't pack up correctly. If both mods are now deployed in your ZH directory, my guess is that the only thing you can do is reinstall everything. If only one is deployed, then start that mod up again and close it, so it can hopefully pack up right.

Explanation; The mod launchers that i know of work by renaming their files so the game will only find them when the mod is in use. If one doesn't pack up correctly, i'm meaning it didn't rename all the files on the way out and the game is still finding them. This can happen if the game crashes or something.

Also, if mods have files that are named the same, that might be what messed up.
one soul at a time
Offline Blbpaws  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2015 9:29:48 PM(UTC)
Blbpaws
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 32 post(s)
This is almost always caused by previous mods not uninstalling correctly.
UserPostedImage