Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ScramblestheDeathDealer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:33:32 PM(UTC)
ScramblestheDeathDealer
Private

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The script line "Remove command button from an object type" doesn't work no matter what I do with the script settings. It used to work but not anymore. I've been modding this game for a couple years and I'm at the point where I want to make missions for the new factions and make extensions to the original mission strands,(Basically I'm making an expansion pack of an expansion pack) but now that's besides the point because I put all my stuff in a back up elsewhere and I completely uninstalled the game, removed everything in the C&C folders in the Documents and Programs folders, reinstalled the game and even in its original state, that line of script still won't work. (and yes I am matching the right buttons to the right objects. AirF_Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryColonelBurton belongs to AirF_AmericaBarracks, makes sense right?)

So whats up with that mess?
I could override the situation and make an INI file to make mission specific objects like making a copy of a barracks or war factory add a letter to the object name and give it a different command set but I shouldn't have to do that. even the original mission maps are messed up, I extracted them and it had question marks on all of the command button removal script lines, I would fix it to get rid of the question marks but it made the scripts to not work, it's as if World Builder is reading the Command Button code from an entirely different game file when all I have is the one file for that to read.
In an insane world a sane man appears insane.

Current Mod project is no longer in production
Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:23:55 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
This is a standard bug. You were lucky beforehand because you escaped the error.

This bug relates to the way world builder reads command buttons. If you select any button from a drop down list, it will be a non-existent button, but world builder will not give an error.

However, if you place a correct command button in, it will work, and world builder will display an error (as you noticed in the official maps).

The solution is to remove the invisible character (carriage return) on the end of all command buttons.

Here's a link to a previous topic about it.

You can also google invisible character site:cnclabs.com for an endless list of topics about the invisible character.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:24:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
thanks 2 users thanked Annihilationzh for this useful post.
ScramblestheDeathDealer on 10/31/2012(UTC), thebunnybruce on 11/20/2012(UTC)
Offline ScramblestheDeathDealer  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:03:53 PM(UTC)
ScramblestheDeathDealer
Private

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I am so disgusted with command button errors.............. thanks for the info
In an insane world a sane man appears insane.

Current Mod project is no longer in production