Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline smokeyscale777  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 11:26:51 AM(UTC)
smokeyscale777
Private

Hi,

I'm just getting into modding and I've been playing around with Contra007. The problem I've been having is I want to add the american pathfinder to the air force general. in the AmericaAir.ini I add the code for the pathfinder which is copied and pasted to avoid errors. Then I add to the commandset.ini and commandButton.ini. The code I've added is below, minus the initial code to for the pathfinder because its so long:

ADDED TO CommandButton.ini

CommandButton AirF_Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryPathfinder
Command = UNIT_BUILD
Object = AirF_AmericaInfantryPathfinder
TextLabel = CONTROLBAR:ConstructAmericaInfantryPathfinder
ButtonImage = SAPathfinder1
ButtonBorderType = BUILD ; Identifier for the User as to what kind of button this is
DescriptLabel = CONTROLBAR:ToolTipUSABuildPathFinder
End

and then this is added to he Commandset.ini under "CommandSet AirF_AmericaBarracksCommandSe"

This is what I add

4=Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryPathfinder

can anyone help me on this one?

Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 4:28:24 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
If you want help, we need to know what happened. Did the game not start up? Did it crash on starting a skirmish map? If we don't know, helping becomes very difficult.

Did you unpack the Contra INI files?
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline Ail-Shan  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:02:03 AM(UTC)
Ail-Shan
Private

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
While we wait for a reply though, I'm just going to guess! Assuming you copied over your code exactly, your command set is wrong. It should be 4 = AirF_Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryPathfinder. As it is you're trying to build the standard one rather than the one you specified for Airforce. Also in the pathfinder's code itself, make sure the prerequisites are all set to what Airforce General can get (such as his barracks, rather than, say, robots general's). I believe there's also a "side" parameter somewhere in there, which you should set to whatever Airforce's side is considered (you can just look in another one of his units)

Also as a side note, AmericaAir.ini is used generally for common aircraft across all the US generals (like for special power objects such as the carpet bomber jet). AirforceGeneral.ini is for the actual Airforce General. I don't think this really matters, but it's an organizational thing.
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 9:16:31 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I can only do a cover up.
All it is it looks like another unit."copycat"
But its how i make all my mods tht evolve making new units/ making unusable units "appear" usable.
9Q_1P at your service. Moddin help and mod maker ranges from paradrop planes, aircraftcarriers and yes snow men with death lazer eyes

Want a peek? Visit this page
Advanced warfare