Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

noodlesocks Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 6:51:23 AM(UTC)
noodlesocks
Private
Joined: 9/25/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2

Really enjoying the mod so far. More so than I do RA3 but there are a couple things I have found that have been a tad annoying. Firstly:

Bugs!

- If Ore fields are close to the water, some ore will spawn partially in the water and will become unharvestable. Harvesters will sometimes get stuck on the coast trying to reach the ore until you tell it to do something else.

- Once a longbow starts attacking something, it will not follow any orders until it unloads its payload or dies.

- Units will often not move to engage enemy, even when being shot at.

Balance

- Allies have not detection units for spies

- Garrisoned units outrange Allied artillery

- Chrono tank is too effective. Essentially an "I win" unit. I think it needs a chrono legionnaire style cooldown between jumping and firing.

Other stuff

- Can't pack up MCV. What's up with that?

- Too few money from harvesters. Not sure if that's by design or because it's still using RA3 income but since you can't pack up MCV and therefore unable to expand early game, I find myself with low funds pretty often in the early game, just trying to build basic structures and units.

- AI aren't very good with water. I think I've only seen it build one gunboat and that was against hard AI

- AI can't seem to use transports. Particular problem with one of the RA maps where one of the players start on an island. They just build loads of stuff and sit on the island.
Sponsor
natino Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 11:39:28 AM(UTC)
natino
Private
Joined: 9/22/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7

I agree!
incia Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 1:01:37 PM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief
Joined: 5/17/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,602
Location: Sweden

Not sure what physics and stuff are used for the MCV but I found it pretty retarded.

Like I had mt crowded base and allied attacked me, I ordered my MCV to go back, behind my base for cover but instead it made a super long turn and then got stuck on my Repair Facility, and never moved. I had to reverse move and take the MCV's hand through the base because it was too dumb to understand what to do. Seems like it uses a super big units physics but the unit itself is scaled down a lot. Felt like the tiny MCV turned and behaved like the big RA3 MCV's.

And I agree with the OP.
Q2BPWN3D Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 6:22:16 AM(UTC)
Q2BPWN3D
Private
Joined: 10/6/2011(UTC)
Posts: 4

THE MOD IS AWESOME!! i bought ra3 played it once and i was soo disappointed after months of waiting it was *censored* i didn't look at it again till i seen this mod

i still play ra1 but it crashs alot..

The likes:

Over all it is just amazing thank you i love it iam big ra fan

love the silo removal i hated that about ra1

New graphics are just plain awesome nukes are just sweet looking love the new mushroom cloud :)
mammoths still look like the boss

love the new smarter AI still needs some tweaking but its still good gave me a challenge up a decent fight love it made me re think my old strategies

those winging about the gps needing cool a down clearly never played ra1 its fine the way it is, it was the same in ra1 it is one of allied biggest advantages please don't change it in the update or if you do make it an option you can toggle at the skirmish screen

also those winging about allied not being able to detect spys u never could in ra1 its part of the game and from memory they can only tell u what the enemy is building not sure why people are complaining about it for

The Fixes wishlist: (please)
some are repeats.

cruisers cant shoot on water? i lost 10 cruisers to 2 gunboats and a destroyer because they couldn't fight back could you please change that on the update

soviets missing tanya as a build option i can live with that. but if you are gonna change it back to having tanya could you add Stavros instead of tanya just thinking it would be an improvement on ra1 i don't know why they gave soviets tanya in multiplayer instead of Stavros

mass mammoth tanks are too easily destroyed maybe some balance changes all round to be more like the original 50 mammoths should dominate, allied AA guns dont seem very effective against planes

transport can only hold one mammoth tank at a time can we change it back to like the original which i think was 5 also its kinda buggy it sometimes tries to cross land instead of taking the water route

fog of war can we make it toggle on/off at skirmish menu

mcv repack toggle option in skirmish menu

starting unit count option or raised to 12 like ra1

ore regrow rate is too small or the trucks are taking too much too quick either way it seems that you run out of very quickly

can we add the option to pick computers AI type in the skirmish menu like steamroller turtle etc...

and finally if u capture an opposite factions construction yard for example ur allied and u take a soviet construction yard u need to build there full tech tree starting from power plant even if you already have the buildings can we make it skip some building is you already have like power plant and ore refinery


thanks again for this mod


incia Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 9:02:28 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief
Joined: 5/17/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,602
Location: Sweden

Q2BPWN3D wrote:

those winging about the gps needing cool a down clearly never played ra1 its fine the way it is, it was the same in ra1 it is one of allied biggest advantages please don't change it in the update or if you do make it an option you can toggle at the skirmish screen

also those winging about allied not being able to detect spys u never could in ra1 its part of the game and from memory they can only tell u what the enemy is building not sure why people are complaining about it for


You clearly don't know what is broken. A faction having no way of detecting spies = broken. Who cares if it was like this in RA1? Westwood never fixed or noticed this oversight. And every single one of us have and own the original broken RA1, so now we have the chance to fix it.

And about the GPS, even RA1 had a cool-down icon, if you even know what that is. This mod have no cool-down icon and you never see when it's done. So that's a missing thing from the original game.

EDIT:
And in RA1 Cruisers could never kill submarines, how about escorting them with Gunboats/Destroyes? Instead of just spamming Cruisers.

And I think transports could only hold 2 mammoth tanks or 5 infantries.

Q2BPWN3D wrote:

and finally if u capture an opposite factions construction yard for example ur allied and u take a soviet construction yard u need to build there full tech tree starting from power plant even if you already have the buildings can we make it skip some building is you already have like power plant and ore refinery


You clearly never played RA1 as it's the same thing there, if you capture the opposite faction you need to build the whole tech tree there too, it's also the same in tib sun, C&C3, RA2 and RA3.

Edited by user Thursday, October 6, 2011 9:07:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Q2BPWN3D Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:00:43 PM(UTC)
Q2BPWN3D
Private
Joined: 10/6/2011(UTC)
Posts: 4


You clearly don't know what is broken. A faction having no way of detecting spies = broken. Who cares if it was like this in RA1? Westwood never fixed or noticed this oversight. And every single one of us have and own the original broken RA1, so now we have the chance to fix it.

its not broken its just a challenge u need to pay more attention to see the spys coming

And about the GPS, even RA1 had a cool-down icon, if you even know what that is

never seen this "cool down option once and i have been playing ra1 for yrs both on pc and playstation 1 why is it needed? why would you be stupid enough to disable seeing the whole map when its the allies biggest advantage to see whats coming .maybe this why you dont see the spies coming your too busy trying to turn it off


This mod have no cool-down icon and you never see when it's done. So that's a missing thing from the original game.

dose it matter its says somewhere 8 mins for gps atleast it works.

EDIT:
And in RA1 Cruisers could never kill submarines, how about escorting them with Gunboats/Destroyes? Instead of just spamming Cruisers.


i never said subs i said boats and they are the best you can buy on water for allied so why not make a few of them also the long range can be devastating


And I think transports could only hold 2 mammoth tanks or 5 infantries.

id be happy with two mammoths my point was that moving one mammoth tank at a time was pain full

You clearly never played RA1 as it's the same thing there, if you capture the opposite faction you need to build the whole tech tree there too, it's also the same in tib sun, C&C3, RA2 and

no in ra1 you don't need to if you already have the buildings like radar dome power plant etc because there exactly the same the only buildings you had to build was the tech centers for that factions special weapon and i still play ra1 every now and then on pc it just crashes sometimes also in the tib sun series (which is irrelevant cause this is red alert) the factions are completely different so it make sense to build there entire tech tree

so gtfo and stfu you have no idea what your talking about if your just posting for attention go oparh.com or something cause you not worth wasting my time i simply gave my view on the mod which overall i thought was awesome if you can't live with that then i don't care kid honestly its just game.
lordbane2110 Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:58:59 AM(UTC)
lordbane2110
Private
Joined: 10/29/2007(UTC)
Posts: 8
Location: United Kingdom

But why fix it, it's supposed to be a carbon copy of RA95 with aftermath in which the thiefs were useless, and as the soviets you literally had to spam dogs to stop allied spys.

I personally love this mod as it reminds me so much of the original, the only things it's missing are the silos, which lets face it were freakin annoying.

Just because this mod isn't to your exacting standards doesn't mean that it's broken, yes RA95 was broken and this is a nostalgic mod so likewise it's trying to emulate the older game hense slightly broken gameplay.

Plus it took the guys here a year to make this mod, so unless somebody else wants to try to make a RA1 mod that fixes what issues you have with it, then i suggest that you have a go and then we can bitch about it if we think it isn't up to our standards.
incia Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:44:56 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief
Joined: 5/17/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,602
Location: Sweden

lordbane2110 wrote:
But why fix it, it's supposed to be a carbon copy of RA95 with aftermath in which the thiefs were useless, and as the soviets you literally had to spam dogs to stop allied spys.

I personally love this mod as it reminds me so much of the original, the only things it's missing are the silos, which lets face it were freakin annoying.

Just because this mod isn't to your exacting standards doesn't mean that it's broken, yes RA95 was broken and this is a nostalgic mod so likewise it's trying to emulate the older game hense slightly broken gameplay.

Plus it took the guys here a year to make this mod, so unless somebody else wants to try to make a RA1 mod that fixes what issues you have with it, then i suggest that you have a go and then we can bitch about it if we think it isn't up to our standards.



So you say you love the broken mod? Well good for you.

And won't bother even answering Q2BPWN3D as his English doesn't seem to be his main language, he didn't understand 60 % of the first questions. God bless you.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:49:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Q2BPWN3D Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:51:16 AM(UTC)
Q2BPWN3D
Private
Joined: 10/6/2011(UTC)
Posts: 4

lordbane2110 wrote:
But why fix it, it's supposed to be a carbon copy of RA95 with aftermath in which the thiefs were useless, and as the soviets you literally had to spam dogs to stop allied spys.

I personally love this mod as it reminds me so much of the original, the only things it's missing are the silos, which lets face it were freakin annoying.

Just because this mod isn't to your exacting standards doesn't mean that it's broken, yes RA95 was broken and this is a nostalgic mod so likewise it's trying to emulate the older game hense slightly broken gameplay.

Plus it took the guys here a year to make this mod, so unless somebody else wants to try to make a RA1 mod that fixes what issues you have with it, then i suggest that you have a go and then we can bitch about it if we think it isn't up to our standards.



im with with you im happy with what i got. its a awesome mod and i thank all the people involved in making it the only reason i made that post was because i seen talk of an update that's why i posted the wish list to add my suggestions for the update and to show that my thanks.

incia wrote:
lordbane2110 wrote:
But why fix it, it's supposed to be a carbon copy of RA95 with aftermath in which the thiefs were useless, and as the soviets you literally had to spam dogs to stop allied spys.

I personally love this mod as it reminds me so much of the original, the only things it's missing are the silos, which lets face it were freakin annoying.

Just because this mod isn't to your exacting standards doesn't mean that it's broken, yes RA95 was broken and this is a nostalgic mod so likewise it's trying to emulate the older game hense slightly broken gameplay.

Plus it took the guys here a year to make this mod, so unless somebody else wants to try to make a RA1 mod that fixes what issues you have with it, then i suggest that you have a go and then we can bitch about it if we think it isn't up to our standards.



So you say you love the broken mod? Well good for you.

And won't bother even answering Q2BPWN3D as his English doesn't seem to be his main language, he didn't understand 60 % of the first questions. God bless you.


what questions? you picked sentences out of my post and tried to make me out to be a an idot by saying my English is bad if you disagree with what i post then make an honest debate about it but if you can't debate it then don't resort to personal attacks because i will absolutely roll you so i warn you to stop now before i publicly shame you kid your not even close to my league.

and incia honestly if you can't be thankful for the work they have already done then don't play it but don't sit and and complain about it, what they have done already is amazing i love there work its a massive accomplishment what have you accomplished? aside from failing on an internet forum

Edited by user Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:58:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

incia Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:59:02 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief
Joined: 5/17/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,602
Location: Sweden

You are still replying, did your feelings get hurt? Your English is so bad it's not even understandable. Go take some language lessons and then come back. Also, you smell bad and your hair looks weird.

Also, why make a forum if not for feedback? You don't even understand the reason of a forum I take it, then why are you here yourself in the first place?

PS: Do you even know what your acronyms mean? Without googling them I mean. I'm sure you have seen the letters in some other forum and then decided to copy them without even understanding them. If you really don't understand them then I suggest you go google them. As a help I'll give you the link to google in case you don't know what it is.

www.google.com

Thanks!

PPS: You have 3 posts. I'm waiting for your post count to raise, noob.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:00:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cgf123` Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:54:27 AM(UTC)
cgf123`
Captain
Joined: 10/7/2010(UTC)
Posts: 72

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
lordbane2110 wrote:
But why fix it, it's supposed to be a carbon copy of RA95 with aftermath in which the thiefs were useless, and as the soviets you literally had to spam dogs to stop allied spys.

I personally love this mod as it reminds me so much of the original, the only things it's missing are the silos, which lets face it were freakin annoying.

Just because this mod isn't to your exacting standards doesn't mean that it's broken, yes RA95 was broken and this is a nostalgic mod so likewise it's trying to emulate the older game hense slightly broken gameplay.

id say if someone wants a carbon copy of ra1, they should just go play... *gulp* ra1

i think a remake should definitely try address the flaws of the game, but obviously its also important to preserve the essence of the original gameplay as much as possible
'The Red Alert' mod with more refined balancing+bugfixes:
Check it out!
Q2BPWN3D Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:29:13 AM(UTC)
Q2BPWN3D
Private
Joined: 10/6/2011(UTC)
Posts: 4

incia wrote:
You are still replying, did your feelings get hurt? Your English is so bad it's not even understandable. Go take some language lessons and then come back. Also, you smell bad and your hair looks weird.

Also, why make a forum if not for feedback? You don't even understand the reason of a forum I take it, then why are you here yourself in the first place?

PS: Do you even know what your acronyms mean? Without googling them I mean. I'm sure you have seen the letters in some other forum and then decided to copy them without even understanding them. If you really don't understand them then I suggest you go google them. As a help I'll give you the link to google in case you don't know what it is.

www.google.com

Thanks!

PPS: You have 3 posts. I'm waiting for your post count to raise, noob.


your best call is about 3 posts are you serious? u just made it obvious to me that ur a loser in life, a nerd with nothing to to do all day but hide behind your computer and play hero on the internet ur a joke what are u 13? u think this is the first forum i have been on? really lol how about u google my nick name and find out why people on forums don't pick fights with me, so i warn u again to STFU and GTFO i simply came on here to express my opions on the mod for ra3 stop trying pick a fight i will publicly embarrass u and u will just end up a loser on the internet too just like in your real life remember this: when u fuc'k with the best you go down like the rest
incia Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:15:00 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief
Joined: 5/17/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,602
Location: Sweden

naah, I have other stuff to do then google your fail trolling on other forums which obviously don't have mods I take it. Or yet better, I don't see a point googling russian forums cause I don't understand that language in the first place.

BTW, you made me think of one youtube video clip, this explains you good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHRMeRszw4


Now on topic:
And I agree with cgf123 and noodlesocks. This mod should need a fine patch fixing all these issues it has.

PS: Congratulations on your 4th post!
Blbpaws Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:20:24 AM(UTC)
Blbpaws
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
Joined: 1/1/2003(UTC)
Posts: 6,522
Location: USA

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 31 post(s)
This is pretty pathetic, guys.
incia Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:20:45 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief
Joined: 5/17/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,602
Location: Sweden

Blbpaws wrote:
This is pretty pathetic, guys.


I know, to my defense I had not eaten my cereal that day.

EDIT: Any news on what you guys are currently doing behind the scenes?

Edited by user Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:21:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cgf123` Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:47:41 PM(UTC)
cgf123`
Captain
Joined: 10/7/2010(UTC)
Posts: 72

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
the GPS and spy plane permanent reveal are really pretty lame

ive been playing with DasDuelon (anyone who's even remotely familiar with the ra3 online scene would know he's the god of vanilla ra3), and even he was quick to point out that GPS was the 'biggest imbalance in the game'.

it ruins a lot of possibilities for sneak attacks, completely removes the need for constant scouting etc

in ra1 i dont think any of this stuff mattered though -- you never really needed find out what your opponent was doing (except knowing which parts of the map he had control over) because you KNEW both of you were just going tankspam (pretty worthless doing anything else because you spend on something else = fewer tanks for you) anyway, and it was just a matter of economy/number of tanks/micro to decide the battle.

now assuming this mod -will- stray a little bit from the tankspam formula, GPS will have to addressed imo.


give GPS and Spy plane less cooldown time, make them reveal (GPS still reveals whole map while spy plane only a small area) for about 20-30 sec, and then have them recharge and re-useable again.

RTS games have always moved forward by learning from the flaws of their predecessors, and theres a damn good reason we didnt see anything like GPS ever again in ANY RTS after ra1.
its time to get rid of this antiquated mechanic.
'The Red Alert' mod with more refined balancing+bugfixes:
Check it out!
CommieDog Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 11:46:17 AM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
Joined: 8/3/2003(UTC)
Posts: 3,082
United States

Thanks: 414 times
Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 128 post(s)
cgf123` wrote:
RTS games have always moved forward by learning from the flaws of their predecessors, and theres a damn good reason we didnt see anything like GPS ever again in ANY RTS after ra1.
its time to get rid of this antiquated mechanic.

Actually, in RA2 the Allies had a structure (I think it was called "SpySat Reveal") that, when built, would reveal the entire map. But it had the disadvantage of shrouding the entire map when sold, destroyed, or underpowered. So I guess it wasn't exactly the same as RA1... Would something like that be more acceptable?


CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
cgf123` Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:54:18 PM(UTC)
cgf123`
Captain
Joined: 10/7/2010(UTC)
Posts: 72

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
i didnt dabble much in ra2, but since most games were played without fog of war, spysat didnt do a whole lot

but with FoW now in the picture (and i think its a fine addition and shouldnt be removed), GPS needs to be reworked

personally id like to see soviets and allies playable and balanced at the low as well as high tier, instead of 'oops allies got to late tier, youre out of luck gg'

so i think the GPS as a recharging/temporary reveal power makes most sense


Edited by user Friday, October 14, 2011 1:24:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

'The Red Alert' mod with more refined balancing+bugfixes:
Check it out!
incia Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 4:01:27 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief
Joined: 5/17/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,602
Location: Sweden

CommieDog wrote:
cgf123` wrote:
RTS games have always moved forward by learning from the flaws of their predecessors, and theres a damn good reason we didnt see anything like GPS ever again in ANY RTS after ra1.
its time to get rid of this antiquated mechanic.

Actually, in RA2 the Allies had a structure (I think it was called "SpySat Reveal") that, when built, would reveal the entire map. But it had the disadvantage of shrouding the entire map when sold, destroyed, or underpowered. So I guess it wasn't exactly the same as RA1... Would something like that be more acceptable?



And I hope that a Spy will make the shroud grow back too? So the building could be countered with a Spy in Allied versus Allied games.

Or destroyed etc... because then Soviet can paradrop bomb it to counter it.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 1.9.6.1 | YAF © 2003-2018, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.915 seconds.