Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sn-ninja  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:05:15 AM(UTC)
sn-ninja
Private

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello there again.

I got a few questions.

I have a 2 players map and 1 Civil that hates you and the computer.
But there is a little problem.
The civil area is in the middle area of the map.
The computer is actually attacking the civil first so i got the time to build.
That's the problem actually, i want it so the computer needs to go around that civil area and not attack him. So can i make some more waypoints so the computer can go around it?

The next one is that the civil area can be quickly destroyed. So actually i need something so it gives the civil reinforcements. Like a plane in every 2 minutes that is coming with units.
And if the plane is destroyed by anti-air, he will spawn 2 minutes later. So every 2 minutes. But if the units last long on the ground then the plane must not spawn every 2 minutes, only if the group of units are destroyed.
So how do i do this?

Also the computer does work perfectly but he does not capture oil derricks or any other buildings on medium and hard. So any help on this?

Sponsor
Offline BR-Alexandre  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 7:33:52 AM(UTC)
BR-Alexandre
Major

Quote:
i want it so the computer needs to go around that civil area and not attack him

i don't have experience with that but guess AI will follow center, flank and backdoor paths so just make them far from civil base

Quote:
The next one is that the civil area can be quickly destroyed. So actually i need something so it gives the civil reinforcements. Like a plane in every 2 minutes that is coming with units.
And if the plane is destroyed by anti-air, he will spawn 2 minutes later. So every 2 minutes. But if the units last long on the ground then the plane must not spawn every 2 minutes, only if the group of units are destroyed.

i also have no experience with that, but try make scripts evaluated every 2 minutes (120 secs) with deactive disabled and the condition "team XXX has been destroied" and effect (action) to build that team by reeinforce
"The Only Way To Have Peace is Prepare for War" <---I forgot who said this...

"Lasers make superior weapons!" <--- Townes
"Laser crusader ready for engagement" <--- Laser Crusader Tank
"Tactical lasers online" <--- Avenger Support Venhice
"Storm climbed mountain" <--- Pathfinder Elite Infantry
"Ready for covert mission" <--- Stealth Fighter Tactical Support
Offline yurdeath2010  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 4:40:22 AM(UTC)
yurdeath2010
Captain

The enemy AI, is it one that you wrote yourself or is it the default skirmish AI? If it's default, then the center, flank, and backdoor paths are the only way I know how to do it.

did you try placing a few reinforcement pads in the center with the civilians? I'm assuming you made the civilians, just work on them and give them more and better units.
Yurdeath2010
Amature Generals ZH Map Builder
feel free to pm me with specific map building questions

I am playing with the new Shockwave 1.0 Mod for Zero Hour and it's world builder but I have experience in the original ZH worldbuilder and Shockwave .95 Worldbuilder.
Offline sn-ninja  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 4:54:50 AM(UTC)
sn-ninja
Private

yurdeath2010 wrote:
The enemy AI, is it one that you wrote yourself or is it the default skirmish AI? If it's default, then the center, flank, and backdoor paths are the only way I know how to do it.

did you try placing a few reinforcement pads in the center with the civilians? I'm assuming you made the civilians, just work on them and give them more and better units.

(plyrcivillian) And i wrote it myself so it's against all players. But the base of them don't last for long. I have put alot of units in the base, but it does not respawn. so i need something so it gives the civillian reinforcements with a cargoplane.

And yes i have the waypoints to : Flank, Backdoor and center.

Offline svarionare  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:11:49 AM(UTC)
svarionare
Private

REmember that player_civilian doesn't spawn teams.You better spawn named units and instruct'em on what to do...
Offline yurdeath2010  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:19:47 AM(UTC)
yurdeath2010
Captain

You can increase the health of a few units in the civilian base as I do on a few of my maps. The picture here shows how to do that.
File Attachment(s):
strong tank.jpg (271kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
Yurdeath2010

I am playing with the new Shockwave 1.0 Mod for Zero Hour and it's world builder but I have experience in the original ZH worldbuilder and Shockwave .95 Worldbuilder.
Offline BR-Alexandre  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:46:00 AM(UTC)
BR-Alexandre
Major

You don't really need a Screenshot to know make a unit have more or less health, just click the unit and then go to that box in the rigth of the "WB screen" and check for max HP, there you change to any number you want

As examples, most infantry have arround 100 HP, 480 for Crusader, 500 for paladin, 1000 for overlord (of course i may be worng about there numbers

Offline yurdeath2010  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:20:16 AM(UTC)
yurdeath2010
Captain

yea, the picture just shows it. My lazy way of telling him how to do it. A picture is worth a thousand words. BTW, that 10000 HP devastator in that picture is a real bitch to take down. Just thought I would let you know that. You might try something a little weaker cause with that, civilian my destroy your enemy themselves. lol. But that is how much HP I give strong tanks on my maps. Most of the time, I use emperor overlords, they are a bit easier because they are slower but 10000 HP is still a lot no matter how you look at it. You don't want something with 10000 HP coming for your base if you are not COMPLETELY prepared for it.
Yurdeath2010

Offline BR-Alexandre  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:27:53 AM(UTC)
BR-Alexandre
Major

i've tested high HP for some buildings to slow down the AI once, learned that you must set max HP for units for 500 - 3000 HP for a fair play. 6 tanks with 10000 HP each should only be used in AoD maps as there's no way to stop them

Personally, i prefer do not change units instead make more units or defenses for, in this case, the civilian. instead a tank with 2000 HP, 4 tanks with 500 each because its annoying fire and fire at an unit and it don't die

Offline yurdeath2010  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 11:25:43 AM(UTC)
yurdeath2010
Captain

the map I uploaded has 10 tanks with 10000 hp each. 5 comps with 2 tanks each. It's pretty hard to stop them but possible.
Yurdeath2010

Offline sn-ninja  
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:34:51 AM(UTC)
sn-ninja
Private

svarionare wrote:
REmember that player_civilian doesn't spawn teams.You better spawn named units and instruct'em on what to do...

So i need go to objects and just go choose a vehicle and name him tank1?
As i can tell it in your map, you don't even have any vehicles in that map, nothing actually.
How did you do this?
Offline Drummin  
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:12:38 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
IF you are using placed units, you can adjust the health of each unit.
IF you are Spawning units, you won't have the option of adjusting their health.
Offline sn-ninja  
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 12:10:35 PM(UTC)
sn-ninja
Private

Drummin wrote:

Oh sorry i apologize. I didn't mean about the health, but about his map (dierolandia)
He has civillians in that map. In his map he has some chinooks that are landing in the middle area and unload some humvee's, and i wanna do this to but not with chinooks but cargoplanes.

But i will look at adjusting healths of the units.
It will be a good idea to make them a little bit stronger.
Offline Drummin  
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:21:08 PM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
That was cool map if I remember correctly. I think he was just spawning named units outside the map at the named waypoint at the beginning of the path then telling the unit to enter the transport, then move down the path. I remember things flying all over that map. I've not tried loading a spawned cargo plane before, Just sending in reinforcement teams via transport. Hey give it a shot
Offline i^love^mixery  
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:23:37 PM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 147 post(s)
Drummin wrote:

thats right. you cant adjust the health of them but there are more ways to make them stronger.

you can use frenzy on them or emergency repair and stuff like that.

also there are some CINE_ units with increased health by default. for example there are these humvees with super fast engine and a giant load of HP. you can simply spawn them and then damage them (deal specific amount of dmg) until they have the desired health.

but this is rather advanced scripting and i doubt that you can do it on your own. if you like any of these ideas i might be willing to specify ;)
Offline svarionare  
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:44:13 PM(UTC)
svarionare
Private

As drummin said you should spawn a named unite, maybe outside the map,and then tell that unit to go inside a cargo plane (also this one spawned as a named unit),all these actions made using scripts.When the cargo plane has loaded you tell him to follow a path and, for example,to unload at the end of that path.
do you understand?
bye

Edited by user Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:47:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline i^love^mixery  
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:56:58 PM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 147 post(s)
svarionare wrote:
tell that unit to go inside a cargo plane

not possible without .ini file.

cargo planes and bombers have no unit slots.

with chinooks and helix's your example would surely work.
Offline Annihilationzh  
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 2:18:06 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
^They do actually, 100 slots each IIRC, but whether you can actually get a unit into one is another matter entirely.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline sn-ninja  
#19 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 7:30:32 AM(UTC)
sn-ninja
Private

Annihilationzh wrote:
^They do actually, 100 slots each IIRC, but whether you can actually get a unit into one is another matter entirely.

Then i guess it's going to be an helix transport.
I have spawned 8 units on the ground and named them.
I added the helix with them. Now i'm making the script but there one problem.
I want it to the timer goes like 3 min and then it expires and starts flying to the base.
Here is the script so far:

Code:
*** IF ***
    True.
*** THEN ***
  Spawn Unit 'Helix_helicopter' of type 'Infa_ChinaVehicleHelix' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'Waypoint15'
  Spawn Unit 'Chin1' of type 'Infa_ChinaInfantryMiniGunner' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'Waypoint15'
  Spawn Unit 'Chin1' of type 'Infa_ChinaInfantryMiniGunner' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'Waypoint15'
  Spawn Unit 'Chin2' of type 'Infa_ChinaInfantryMiniGunner' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'Waypoint15'
  Spawn Unit 'Chin3' of type 'Infa_ChinaInfantryMiniGunner' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'Waypoint15'
  Spawn Unit 'Chin4' of type 'Infa_ChinaInfantryMiniGunner' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'Waypoint15'
  Spawn Unit 'Chin5' of type 'Infa_ChinaInfantryTankHunter' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'Waypoint15'
  Spawn Unit 'Chin6' of type 'Infa_ChinaInfantryTankHunter' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'Waypoint15'
  Spawn Unit 'Chin7' of type 'Infa_ChinaInfantryTankHunter' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'Waypoint15'
  Spawn Unit 'Chin8' of type 'Infa_ChinaInfantryTankHunter' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'Waypoint15'
   Unit 'Chin1' loads into Unit 'Helix_helicopter'
   Unit 'Chin2' loads into Unit 'Helix_helicopter'
   Unit 'Chin3' loads into Unit 'Helix_helicopter'
   Unit 'Chin4' loads into Unit 'Helix_helicopter'
   Unit 'Chin5' loads into Unit 'Helix_helicopter'
   Unit 'Chin6' loads into Unit 'Helix_helicopter'
   Unit 'Chin7' loads into Unit 'Helix_helicopter'
   Unit 'Chin8' loads into Unit 'Helix_helicopter'

So any help? Where can i spawn a object named: Timer?

Edited by user Saturday, March 26, 2011 5:16:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline svarionare  
#20 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 5:52:43 AM(UTC)
svarionare
Private

Hi!
If u want you can use this simple set of scripts I used for Dierolandia:

1st script: the loop starts
[ns A D]
*** IF ***
True.
*** THEN ***
Enable Script 'unit_1_&_helicopter_1_spawn'.

2nd script: unit_1_&_helicopter_1_spawn
[ns na D]
*** IF ***
True.
*** THEN ***
Spawn Unit 'helicopter_1' of type 'AirF_AmericaVehicleChinook' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'spawn_helicopter_1'
Spawn Unit 'unit_1' of type 'Humvee1' on Team 'teamPlyrCivilian' at waypoint Waypoint 'spawn_unit_1'
Unit 'unit_1' loads into Unit 'helicopter_1'
Unit 'helicopter_1' changes the value of flag Object Flag: Indestructible to TRUE.
Set timer 'timer_load_1' to expire in 3.00 seconds.
Enable Script 'helicopter_1_goes'.

3rd script: helicopter_1_goes
[ns na D]
*** IF ***
Timer 'timer_load_1' has expired.
*** THEN ***
Unit 'helicopter_1' follows waypoints, beginning at Waypoint Path 'unit_1_path'
Enable Script 'helicopter_1_unloads'.

4th script: helicopter_1_unloads
[ns na D]
*** IF ***
Unit 'helicopter_1' has reached the end of Waypoint Path 'unit_1_path'
*** THEN ***
Unit 'helicopter_1' unloads.
Set timer 'timer_unload_1' to expire in 3.00 seconds.
Enable Script 'disappearance_of_helicopter_1'.

5th script: disappearance_of_helicopter_1
[ns na D]
*** IF ***
Timer 'timer_unload_1' has expired.
*** THEN ***
Unit 'helicopter_1' follows waypoints, beginning at Waypoint Path 'disappearance_of_helicopter_1_path'
Enable Script 'helicopter_1_removed'.

6th script: helicopter_1_removed
[ns na D]
*** IF ***
Unit 'helicopter_1' has reached the end of Waypoint Path 'disappearance_of_helicopter_1_path'
*** THEN ***
Unit 'helicopter_1' is removed from the world.
Enable Script 'unit_1_destroyed'.

7th script: unit_1_destroyed
[ns na D]
*** IF ***
Unit 'unit_1' has been destroyed.
*** THEN ***
Enable Script 'unit_1_&_helicopter_1_spawn'.

Is that all clear?
bye