Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ka_baamm  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2007 11:12:51 PM(UTC)
ka_baamm
Private

My wife and I play Generals: Zero Hour online together. We've both downloaded and installed unofficial maps to

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data\Maps

(They're all unzipped). We have all of the same maps. We can both see the unofficial maps and can play them online and offline. However, we can't play them together. We receive a message that states one of us doesn't have the map (if I create a match, a message states that my wife doesn't have the map - even though she does - and to me when she creates a match). We've also tried transferring the maps which won't complete the transfer.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be??
Sponsor
Offline fleetatks  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2007 5:28:05 AM(UTC)
fleetatks
Colonel

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Try having you or your wife deleting the map and then transfering it again.
Email me if you ever need help (edited signature November 6th, 2014)
Offline ka_baamm  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2007 7:41:09 AM(UTC)
ka_baamm
Private

We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and transferring to one another after deleting the maps. No luck.
Offline renaissance  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2007 9:38:50 AM(UTC)
renaissance
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
Canada

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
For the sake of eliminating connection problems; are you able to play each other on official maps?
UserPostedImage
Offline ka_baamm  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2007 9:45:25 AM(UTC)
ka_baamm
Private

Yes, we can play official maps together. We haven't had any problems other than the occasional disconnect (DSL crap).
Offline renaissance  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2007 10:28:57 AM(UTC)
renaissance
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
Canada

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
OK, this is puzzling...

I understand you connected to your wife's computer via LAN, copy-pasted, and basically said replace all, am I right? If not do that.

You can also try making your own map; what will that do? No idea but it's worth a try. Keep in mind that it doesn't need to be fancy, just enough to confirm that it works (starting points etc.).

A World Builder map tutorial is located here: http://www.cncgeneralsworld.com/tutorials/
UserPostedImage
Offline ka_baamm  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2007 11:23:03 PM(UTC)
ka_baamm
Private

My wife and I play online. We're on different continents at the moment. However, I did send her all the maps that I downloaded and she put them in her directory (apparently, because she can play them...which is puzzling to me as well).