Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Stewox  
#21 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2008 2:22:23 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

KaneLivesInDeath wrote:

I was refered to this thread by EA Allmighty's forum moderators and told to follow your sugestion... but it didn't work and they sent me back here. This is the exect original Error message

Technical Difficulties ... //name the error like this , there is no need to post all what it says//

This only appers when I am trying to run the Zero Hour Expansion. and in addition to the INI file there arenow two text files named RealeseCrashInfo and RealeseCrashInfoPrev. both say

Release Crash at Wed Oct 03 14:29:11 2007
; Reason Error parsing INI file 'Data\INI\Object\airforcegeneral.ini' (Line: 'Object AmericaClusterTomahawkMissile ')
Last error:
Current stack:

what should i do now

You have a mod installed , or it has not been removed completely , delete the > ZH main dir > Data > INI folder

about , file extensions , .ini .... , you can simply do it in a txt file , save , then rename the file extension.

Edited by user Sunday, January 13, 2008 2:26:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Comando112  
#22 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 5:07:06 AM(UTC)
Comando112
Major

Vista Sucks. Stick with XP. Tell the retailer to get you XP instead of vista.
UserPostedImage
Offline krit  
#23 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 7:13:55 AM(UTC)
krit
Commander in Chief

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
If someone wants to use Vista, then they have all the rights to do so. Ranting on about how you don't like Vista isn't very useful either.
UserPostedImage
Offline Goblinforce15  
#24 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2008 8:38:48 AM(UTC)
Goblinforce15
Private

ya i have a problem. it says it cannot delete/rename english.big. please help
Offline loonatic  
#25 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 10:48:56 AM(UTC)
loonatic
Private

TRIGRHAPPY wrote:
ALSO, TO FIX THE HANG ON 2ND SPLASH SCREEN PROBLEM ON VISTA:

Go to your /documents/generals zero hour blah blah blah/ directory

Delete everything. Create a new file called options.ini

Open it and paste the following:

AntiAliasing =
DrawScrollAnchor =
GameSpyIPAddress = 0.0.0.0
Gamma = 50
IPAddress = 0.0.0.0
IdealStaticGameLOD = High
LanguageFilter = false
MoveScrollAnchor =
MusicVolume = 55
Resolution = 800 600
Retaliation = yes
SFX3DVolume = 79
SFXVolume = 71
ScrollFactor = 50
SendDelay = no
StaticGameLOD = Low
UseAlternateMouse = no
UseDoubleClickAttackMove = no
VoiceVolume = 70

Save and exit,
Then send me a check for $500 and play the game.

($500 is optional of course)

Hey TRIGRHAPPY, I've had this problem ever since I got my new pc(3months) and what you've advised has worked perfectly....spot on. Thanks a brazillion m8.

One more thing tho, I have the exact same problem with LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth II.....there aint any game info in my documents so I can't try the same trick as for C&C.
Have you ANY idea what I could do to sort that out?

If you do, then, well, I still can't send you $500 sorry. But imagine the satisfaction of helping a fellow gamer out with such an annoying problem.

Cheers ;)
Offline slippery_target  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:08:17 AM(UTC)
slippery_target
Private

Please help me. I've had generals since it came out and also zero hour. I've played it on my xp for years but i bought a dell xps last summer with vista and installed zero hour and played it no problems put i just tried playing it the other day and an error messages comes up before the "EA Games, Challenge Everything" screen comes up saying that DIrectX or my operating system is invalid.

Should i try the "Create a new file called options.ini"??

Please help
Offline moiwarlord  
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 8:25:57 AM(UTC)
moiwarlord
Private

hello all ,
my problem is when i play on line therough Vista and at the 1st moment the match starts i get the vote screen , i have the game installed on another pc and it works fine and they are all using the same router , i do have windows defender running on the new pc that has the problem , i tured shutting it down but the problem is still there .
Offline iwillCRUSH  
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:51:28 AM(UTC)
iwillCRUSH
Private

here is a fix i found on another site not sure if it is for every one but it worked for me, i had already done the compatability and run as administrator changes.

go to -> start -> all prgrams -> acessories -> command prompt -> open it, Type Msconfig.exe, press enter -> in that go to tools tab, then find Disable user UAC and click it, their problem solved, you can turn it on with the option underneath it.

htis is not my idea i just found it and thought it was pretty simple so i tried it and it worked for me. who knows my puter couold melt tonight as a result. if any one can better explain the change i made i would love to know if any one else is looking for what might be a simple fix and is easy to undo here it is.
If you play online and agree to NOT USE SUPERWEPONS OR RUSH then decide to use them I hope you CHOKE!!! If you want to use them then just say so and we both will.
Offline SixOneNiner  
#29 Posted : Sunday, April 13, 2008 8:21:45 AM(UTC)
SixOneNiner
Private

I know this topic is about Vista installation but i'm having the same error you mention in regular Generals under XP so i thought i'd bring it up. I played Generals for some days with no issues whatsoever. When i install ZH, Generals stops working, always returning the "Technical Difficulties..." box. I tried removing the game directories under My Documents or using that stripped down option.ini file but no luck. This is using the C&C Deluxe Edition. Did anyone happen to go through the same experience and found a fix?
Offline CG Apollos  
#30 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2008 8:14:32 AM(UTC)
CG Apollos
Commander in Chief

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
SixOneNiner wrote:
I know this topic is about Vista installation but i'm having the same error you mention in regular Generals under XP so i thought i'd bring it up. I played Generals for some days with no issues whatsoever. When i install ZH, Generals stops working, always returning the "Technical Difficulties..." box. I tried removing the game directories under My Documents or using that stripped down option.ini file but no luck. This is using the C&C Deluxe Edition. Did anyone happen to go through the same experience and found a fix?
What are the contents of the ReleaseCrashInfo.txt file, found in your C&C Generals Zero Hour Data folder in My Documents? Please post them here.
Comando112 wrote:
Vista Sucks. Stick with XP. Tell the retailer to get you XP instead of vista.
Great way to back up what you say man. You've totally convinced me to go back to XP over Vista.
Offline Stewox  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:09:21 PM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

Just to note , the FIX for VISTA ZH SECOND SPLASH SCREEN FREEZE , works for XP , and the problem also happened on XP pro sp2,
did not happen to me never , but on a friends PC , he was using 8500GT and intel dual core E4xx

very rare ,very fatal , and lol very easy to fix, i wouldnt guessed in a million years , thanks, whoever thought of the second splash screen fix , Big Smile

Edited by user Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:17:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline darkmaniac7  
#32 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2008 3:12:48 AM(UTC)
darkmaniac7
Private

hey, sorry for bringing back a dead topic but im also having a weird error, i have vista ultimate x64, and generals regular works great, but zero hour on the other hand looks like its about to load up, resizes goes to a black screen then crashes to the desktop with no crash or error, ive done the compatibility thing, Disabled UAC, and enabled the options.ini, ive even reverted to no-cd's and not even that works....im about at the end of my rope with this tupid problem....
Offline frozen4322  
#33 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2008 4:07:40 PM(UTC)
frozen4322
Private

darkmaniac7 wrote:
hey, sorry for bringing back a dead topic but im also having a weird error, i have vista ultimate x64, and generals regular works great, but zero hour on the other hand looks like its about to load up, resizes goes to a black screen then crashes to the desktop with no crash or error, ive done the compatibility thing, Disabled UAC, and enabled the options.ini, ive even reverted to no-cd's and not even that works....im about at the end of my rope with this tupid problem....

I have the exact same problem, and i can't figure it out, no crash info no nothing it just "blacks out"
Offline Slimbob  
#34 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2008 11:23:48 AM(UTC)
Slimbob
Private

Big Smile Had the splash screen problem on XP after the new build I have just done. The 'options.ini' cure worked a treat for me but had the added bonus of changing the resolution to match my HD TV. I saw in the configation after the game booted for the first time all the paramaters were set and the rez was set at 800 x 600 on my 23'Samsung HD TV I can go up to 1360x768 and on most older games I can only go up to 1024x768 and get a 'stretched' picture as most games and including some today (Generals 3 being on of them) dont have widescreen resolutions. I changed the rez to 1360x768 and whoo hooo widescreen Generals!!!! Thanks to all for solving my problems. Great forum
Q6600@3.3ghz(tuniq Tower HSF)
Abit IP35 PRO mobo
2gig OCZ 8500CS DUAL Channel
Gigabyte 8800gt (zalman edition @ 700mhz)
Antec 300,Corsair vx450 psu
X-FI Extreme Audio (PCI-E)
Seagate Barracude 7200.10 160gb SATA II 8mb Cache
2x Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7200 DVD-RW
3dmark01 score of 57258
3dmark03 score of 40840
3dmark06 score of 14309
Offline CHOC0  
#35 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 4:53:25 AM(UTC)
CHOC0
Private

I've got vista and tryd the options.ini trick, the game worked one time
next time i wanted to play zh online, i got the 2nd splashscreen problem again :(
i feel like its kinda random when it does work and when it doesnt, i didnt change anything..
could any1 help me out?
Offline mattso45  
#36 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 8:12:34 AM(UTC)
mattso45
Private

i have vista and i have had no problems with single player but sometime my PC just exits the game when i am on multiplayer it is very annoying. my system specs are

intel dual core procssor 1.46GHz
502 ram
directX; 10
display; 32bit 60Hz
but it is a laptop so that might be the problem.
I follow 2 rules;

1. Never give up.
2. If I fail, give up and remove all evidence that I tried.
Offline Bestpretzle  
#37 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2009 10:46:45 PM(UTC)
Bestpretzle
Private

I have C&C The First Decade and i run Generals Zero Hour. The game loads, i pick single player mode, the country, and the difficulty. everything loads good except when it gets to the part where the bike are coming off the cliff then it freezes. The music keeps playing over and over but the game just freezes.

Window Vista Home Premium
Toshiba Satellite A205
1GB Ram
Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T2450 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
Offline Sheepdisease  
#38 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 4:42:44 AM(UTC)
Sheepdisease
Private

TRIGRHAPPY wrote:
ALSO, TO FIX THE HANG ON 2ND SPLASH SCREEN PROBLEM ON VISTA:

Go to your /documents/generals zero hour blah blah blah/ directory

Delete everything. Create a new file called options.ini

Open it and paste the following:

AntiAliasing =
DrawScrollAnchor =
GameSpyIPAddress = 0.0.0.0
Gamma = 50
IPAddress = 0.0.0.0
IdealStaticGameLOD = High
LanguageFilter = false
MoveScrollAnchor =
MusicVolume = 55
Resolution = 800 600
Retaliation = yes
SFX3DVolume = 79
SFXVolume = 71
ScrollFactor = 50
SendDelay = no
StaticGameLOD = Low
UseAlternateMouse = no
UseDoubleClickAttackMove = no
VoiceVolume = 70

Save and exit,
Then send me a check for $500 and play the game.

($500 is optional of course)

Thank you so much, this worked for me too.

To anyone who wishes to know the exact name of the folder, which you should put the options.ini file into, it's called 'Command and Conquer Generals Data'.
Offline Bartlett  
#39 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 11:28:16 AM(UTC)
Bartlett
Private

Well I recently purchased C&C Generals and Zero Hour for my PC. I am running vista, and I set both Generals and Zero hour to compatibility mode, however, every so often the screen freezes for a few seconds with the music and whatever sound was playing constantly repeating the last 1/2 second. It does this for about 6 seconds, then the screen fragments (I don't know what it's called, that's the most fitting word I can think of), all sound stops, and I must reboot my PC. Before it only happened every 3 games or so, but now I can't even play 1 skirmish game without it happening. Any help please?
Offline manik  
#40 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2009 5:33:46 AM(UTC)
manik
Private

Hi, after getting my current PC (with vista) a few years ago i installed generals only to find it would hang at the 2nd splash, i gave up. I feel like playing it again and so followed all the instructions i've seen. I have patched generals and zero hour, put both in compatability mode for SP2 and run both as admin, i put the options.ini file into

EA games/command and conquer generals Zero hour
and
EA games/command and conquer generals zero hour/data

still the problem persists, i was wondering if anyone could help me.

Thanks in advance