Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AngryBird5217  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 8:38:33 PM(UTC)
AngryBird5217
Private

I'm just curious, what would you say is the most optimal combination of official map (1v1), and armies that can result in the fastest possible game?

btw I am new here so idk if someone already asked this, I'm just askin for myself^^
Sponsor
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 10:58:01 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Well I know the GLA Demo General surly provides the best rushing capabilities because of his demo bikes. Also, the 1v1 maps can go even faster if the two player's distances aren't that far away. It's super easy to kill an easy AI in about 2min, and about 3min for a Hard AI if you do it just right; from personal experience.

Again, I'm talking from my experience, but what I have found is that the GLA provides the greatest rushing capabilities due to cheap workers, no dependency on power, and the fact that most their vehicles are faster compared to the USA and China counter parts.

Second would come USA because you can easily take the choppers you build from the supply center and stuff some troops in there, even a dozer or two, and rush the enemy from behind. Then you can also use the dozers to troll them and build a barracks or some defenses very close to their base.

China, not so much I think. They're harder because you don't really have many options to get troops over to the enemy really fast until you build a war factory; in which you have to build a powerplant first, then a supply stash. Even so, many of the vehicles are too slow to get a good start on the enemy, unless you are the Nuke General who has the sped up battlemasters, but are very vulnerable if in too big of a group. Another thing that might get a good rush is putting some tank hunters into troop crawlers and sending them over and deploying the infantry. I would say the Infantry General would be best for this, but Assault troop crawlers are expensive and are very slow to build. So I think if you really want a faster game, the best bet would be on China Nuke General.

And sure, you can build a barracks and spam some troops out to put towards your enemy, but I still don't think that would be too great of an effective strategy because the troops have to walk all that distance.

Is that what you were kinda asking for? XD

Edited by user Wednesday, February 5, 2020 10:59:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
thanks 1 user thanked zero hour mad map maker for this useful post.
AngryBird5217 on 2/5/2020(UTC)
Offline AngryBird5217  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 11:31:02 PM(UTC)
AngryBird5217
Private

Ahh yeshhh, I was aware of the GLA part x'D and those freaking demo bikes, but never thought of using the choppers to offensively rush actually with the USA^^

Yess rip China though ><, they're my preferred army for now, and I've found rush tactics to be very sucky using them, especially if the opponent is far away XD

But yess that was perfect, thanksss!!!!
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 11:41:54 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Yeah np haha!

I'm curious to see if anyone else has different thoughts.
Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 4:19:30 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
China is pretty good at rushing.
On maps with 2 supplies you can build 2 supply docks and 2 war factories and spam dragon tanks.
On maps with 1 supply you can rush with a bunker Helix and tank hunters.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord