Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : Aurora Bombers: Yay or Nay?
Choice Votes Statistics
  Yay
0 %
  Nay
0 %
  Yay only if you're SupW (or possibly AirF)
0 %
  Other (Reply below)
0 %
  Yay in singleplayer only or again if you're SupW
100 %
  Total 2 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gameanater  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 10:09:30 AM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
I'm curious as to what ya'll think of the USA's Aurora Bombers, including the two special versions (the Air Force General laser-defense version and SupW's Aurora Alpha Bombers). I think the general consensus is that they're simply too little bang for their buck unless you're the Superweapons General, in which case they are almost certainly overpowered, or that they're only worth using in Singleplayer where if you know how the AI works you can abuse that to get a crazy economy to afford using Auroras. I've seen Auroras used very few times in multiplayer except for special maps like AODs and for SupW General. In fact I've actually been called a noob for building Auroras (even when I have been able to use them semi-effectively). lol.

I would say I agree with the statement above in general, except that maybe the AirF General might have better luck with Auroras than Laser or USA Vanilla. His aircraft are all cheaper and his Auroras come with similar laser-point missile defense.

I think the problem with Auroras is that they're very hard to make good use out of unless you're the SupW. They cost $2500 each which is a lot, and although it's awesome that they're completely immune to damage on the way to their target, they're completely helpless on their way back most of the time, especially against lasers, Quads, or Gattlings, which completely nullify Countermeasures and laser-point defense.
SupW on the other hand can be downright overpowered with them since their mini fuel air bombs deal so much damage with a great AOE. And they are cheaper than normal Aurora's at that. I think the way 1.06 tried to nerf it was by reducing the radius of the fuel air bomb to a pretty minuscule amount, which I guess works, but they sadly didn't even touch the regular Auroras if I recall correctly. |

So what do you all think? Do you like Auroras all-around, or only in singleplayer and SupW or when you feel like being a troll?
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Sponsor