Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline UTD^Force  
#21 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 2:19:22 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)
I do live in Jordan. But I didn't know about this :)
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#22 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 7:13:58 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Oh really? I'd think you would since it happened in your home country. It's all over the United States News!
Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
Offline klingondragon  
#23 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 7:21:44 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
I don't know everything that happens in Britain and I'm sure you don't know everything happening in the US.
Offline UTD^Force  
#24 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 2:20:02 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Exactly. Plus, I don't watch the news :3

Let's get back to the subject, other questions?
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
#25 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 11:55:31 AM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Ah, oke doke. Just remember in the forum rules to use the "Thank" button to thank someone for a useful post and not as a "like" button ;)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Getting back to actual topic

Do Muslims acknowledge other peoples religious beliefs; what do Muslims think of the whole Jesus concept? Do they hate him? Also, don't you go after Islamic years rather than years like the U.S uses (as in right now it's 2016 and in Islamic years it's 1437)

Edited by user Saturday, November 19, 2016 11:56:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline klingondragon  
#26 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 12:56:19 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Jesus is a prophet in Islam.
Just not as important as in the bible. (He isn't the son of god in the Quran)

Offline UTD^Force  
#27 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 3:23:39 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Jesus is a prophet in Islam and we surely don't hate him. On the contrary, we actually love him and if you look at it, we actually follow more of his advices than current christians.

We do use these years, they have names in Arabic but I don't what they are called in English.
Like 2016 is Milladi date, and 1437 is Hijri date. 2016 and its months are commonly used here in Jordan.
I don't really know which Hijri month or day we are in right now :3

Edited by user Thursday, April 21, 2022 9:22:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
thanks 1 user thanked UTD^Force for this useful post.
zero hour mad map maker on 11/20/2016(UTC)
Offline klingondragon  
#28 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 4:31:39 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

Sometimes I do a bit of research but the Jesus thing I actually knew.
I also know that in countries like Finland you don't have to fast for all the daylight hours during Ramadan (because it's daylight for something like 20 hours) and Muslims either use the hours of the closest Muslim nation or mecca.

I really wish RE actually taught us about religions (other than Christianity). When I was in primary school (elementary for the yanks) all we were taught in RE was the names of other religions (yet we had bible stories told to us in assembly and then finished by singing hymns).

There was a Muslim girl in my class at primary school and every year she fasted for Ramadan but at the time we thought she was weird because she wore a headscarf and trousers (instead of a skirt or dress) and that the fasting was because she was strange. No one told us why she did any of these things.

Even in secondary school (high school) we learnt nothing about any religions (including Christianity) other than that Sikhs wear a turban and carry knives.

Even though I am not religious (whenever asked I reply Jedi (which I am (but it's a non-theological religion))), I still feel we should be taught more about them. I may find the idea of a deity silly, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate that others believe in them.

I find religion interesting and think the world would be a better peace if we knew about other people's culture before deciding it was wrong and deciding to bomb them.
thanks 1 user thanked klingondragon for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 11/21/2016(UTC)
Offline Annihilationzh  
#29 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 12:43:54 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Is consuming vinegar allowed?

The sources I can find suggest that ALL alcohol-made products are not allowed, but others say that vinegar is acceptable.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline klingondragon  
#30 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 8:29:23 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

It's said that when wine goes off it turns to vinegar but it's not quite that simple.
It probably depends on the kind of vinegar and the opinions of the individual.
#31 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 11:38:35 AM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Originally Posted by: UTD^Force Go to Quoted Post
Lol, I thanked Klingon because he really did some research. And I can't resist that like button :3
Btw, I gave your posts some likes ;)
Jesus is a prophet in Islam and we surely don't hate him.

We do use these years, they have names in Arabic but I don't what they are called in English.
Like 2016 is Milladi date, and 1437 is Hijri date. 2016 and its months are commonly used here in Jordan.
I don't really know which Hijri month or day we are in right now :3

LOL! Just be careful with that thing! Dead

Originally Posted by: klingondragon Go to Quoted Post
Sometimes I do a bit of research but the Jesus thing I actually knew.
I also know that in countries like Finland you don't have to fast for all the daylight hours during Ramadan (because it's daylight for something like 20 hours) and Muslims either use the hours of the closest Muslim nation or mecca.

I really wish RE actually taught us about religions (other than Christianity). When I was in primary school (elementary for the yanks) all we were taught in RE was the names of other religions (yet we had bible stories told to us in assembly and then finished by singing hymns).

There was a Muslim girl in my class at primary school and every year she fasted for Ramadan but at the time we thought she was weird because she wore a headscarf and trousers (instead of a skirt or dress) and that the fasting was because she was strange. No one told us why she did any of these things.

Even in secondary school (high school) we learnt nothing about any religions (including Christianity) other than that Sikhs wear a turban and carry knives.

Even though I am not religious (whenever asked I reply Jedi (which I am (but it's a non-theological religion))), I still feel we should be taught more about them. I may find the idea of a deity silly, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate that others believe in them.

I find religion interesting and think the world would be a better peace if we knew about other people's culture before deciding it was wrong and deciding to bomb them.

I do agree with Klingon on some of his points. We're all different religions and people (and I admit that I am an evolutionist)but I feel like if we were taught more things about religion we'd be better off, and people wouldn't discriminate as much. I know some Muslim friends who are a lot nicer and kinder than some Christians I've met. Also, we would be closer to world peace if it weren't for religion issues with one another.

But, regarding actual questions, do Muslims believe in the hereafter? Or something like that, I kinda forget what it was called. One question I've always had was that, in the Quran it states "You can marry 2 or 3 and up to 4 women if you can be equally just with each of them". So isn't that technically polygamy?

Offline UTD^Force  
#32 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 11:54:28 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

@ AZH...
Vinegar, answered here.

@ ZH mad maker...
1- What do you mean by the hereafter? Do you mean the resurrection after death at the day of judgement?
Muslims have to believe in the day of judgement.

2- I don't understand the question, but I'll give what I know.
A man can marry multiple wives if he is financially & physically ready to support them.
If he marries more than one wife, he has to be just to each one.
A man can't marry more than 4 women at the same time.

Btw, while we are talking about this, there is a hadith about prophet Muhammad peace be upon him:

She reported God's Messenger as saying, “The best of you is he who is best to his family, and I am the best among you to my family. When one of you dies speak no ill of him."

Tirmidhi and Darimi transmitted it, and Ibn Majah transmitted it up to “to my family” on the authority of Ibn ‘Abbas. https://sunnah.com/mishkat:3252
If you get some free time, try reading the Qur'an. ;)

Edited by user Friday, March 11, 2022 10:28:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline klingondragon  
#33 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 11:59:53 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

It's on my reading list.
But it's near the bottom (don't worry the bible is further down).
I need to finish getting through Homer, Plato, and Marx before I start on books I know I'll disagree with.
#34 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 5:48:53 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Originally Posted by: UTD^Force Go to Quoted Post
@ AZH, Well, Klingon kinda answered you.
It is allowed, this is the first time I hear about this. I don't know much.

@ ZH mad maker...
1- What do you mean by the hereafter? Do you mean the resurrection after death at the day of judgement?
Muslims have to believe in the day of judgement.

2- I don't understand the question, but I'll give what I know.
A man can marry multiple wives if he is financially & physically ready to support them.
If he marries more than one wife, he has to be just to each one, as example if he buys a laptop for one, he has to buy a laptop for each one.
A man can't marry more than 4 women at the same time.

Btw, while we are talking about this, Propther Muhammad, peace be upon him, said "The best of you is the one who is best to his wife."
If you get some free time, try reading the Qur'an. ;)

I think that's the one! Yeah the resurrection thing! (Forgive me for my lack of religious knowledge xD)

2- Why that is quite interesting. Usually in catholic, or chirstian, or the the United States in general, having more than one wife at a time is quite frowned upon let alone disgraceful. That's quite the thing xD.

So this may or may not be on the Islam topic, but what's your life style like there in Jordan? Is there a lot of poverty? It's a 3rd world country right? Sorry, just curious!
Offline UTD^Force  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:50:42 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

It is a 3rd world country (as far as I can remember).
For poverty, I don't think it's too much, there are statistics, but I don't read about this stuff. I've never seen a homeless person in my whole life here in Jordan, though.
About the lifestyle, for me, I'm now in the 12th grade (the year that defines what I'll study in university) so I've to study kind of all the time, sleep late, wake up early... I enjoy solving limits and differntiation problems, though.
I go pray Al-Dhur prayer in the mosque every Friday, we pray 5 times a day.
If you want anything specific, ask about it.
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline klingondragon  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:55:47 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

Quote:
I've never seen a homeless person in my whole life here in Jordan, though.

I live in the UK (one of the most developed countries in the world) and I see homeless people all the time.

I don't think homelessness is necessarily linked to how developed a country is.
Offline acidbrain  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:09:49 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KlingonDragon Go to Quoted Post

I live in the UK (one of the most developed countries in the world) and I see homeless people all the time.

I don't think homelessness is necessarily linked to how developed a country is.

I think it is, it depends on how you look at the word developed, our technology is pretty well developed but human minds are in poor condition, that we live in a society where people live on the street or have to live in poverty says it all, we are not taking Care of eachother, we only look at our own environment.
We the people need a paradigm shift, we need to get rid of the school and msm programming in our subconscious mind to be able to free ourselves from the shackles, if we free ourselves we automatically start to take Care of eachother because we want the best for eachother, our consciousness level is at a record depth at the moment, we have no clue what life is All about, we think it is about collecting material and money, we think we are intelligent if we can memorize a lot of stuff but that has nothing to do with intelligence, we were tought at school that if we repeat the teacher we get good grades, from an early age we are tought to repeat and not to think for ourselves and that is a big problem and that's why the world is in the mess it is.
The people in power know exactly how a human mind works and they play us like a piano, we gave away our power, our power to rule over ourselves and being our own teacher...

Greetz

Edited by user Wednesday, December 14, 2016 12:51:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Secret

Panem et kirkinses
Offline UTD^Force  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 11:31:01 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

I liked it. ;)
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
thanks 1 user thanked UTD^Force for this useful post.
zero hour mad map maker on 12/14/2016(UTC)
#39 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 12:29:29 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

And I liked that. LOL ^^
thanks 1 user thanked zero hour mad map maker for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 12/15/2016(UTC)
Offline UTD^Force  
#40 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 5:45:42 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

If anybody still needs some clarifications about Islam, I will be happy to answer them.
Dead topic? Idk.

Side note: ISIS does NOT represent Islam, they either misunderstood it or use religion to justify their heinous actions. (Or maybe something else).
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs