This tutorial explains how to extract the official Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars maps from the game's files so that they can be edited in World Builder.
- First, you'll need a utility that you can use to open and extract files from .BIG files. BIG files are compressed using a compression format used in many games by Electronic Arts, included Command & Conquer Generals and Tiberium Wars.
You can download OS Big Editor to accomplish this, courtesy of Project Perfect Mod. Just run the bigeditor.exe file contained within the download.
- Using OS Big Editor, open the BIG file containing the maps of your choice. These files are typically found at the following locations:
- Single-player Maps:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer 3\SP\1.0\SPMaps.big
- Multi-player Maps:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer 3\MP\1.0\MPMaps.big
- Multi-player Kane Edition Maps:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer 3\Kane\1.0\KaneMaps.big
- Using OS Big Editor, extract the files inside the .BIG file you have opened. Place the files in your C&C 3 Maps folder.
- Now just load up World Builder and click Open. You should now be able to open the official C&C 3 maps you extracted.
C&C 3 World Builder Information