Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Me Myself and Pi  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2008 8:25:25 AM(UTC)
Me Myself and Pi
Colonel

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Click the link, AOD Map Tutorial.doc below to download the tutorial for Word. Note, this tutorial does apply to just Generals too, but the scripts I've uploaded won't work for just the Generals World Builder. They're ment for Zero Hour.

I've also uploaded scripts for your map. The AOD Map Starter Scripts.zip are so that you don't need to create most of the scripts yourself. They are meant to be imported into a map that has nothing on it. I recommend you study the scripts & modify them for your personal use. Also, some of these scripts have red question marks, just ignore them.

The rest of the scripts are for an AOD map you've already made & you'd like to spice it up! Note, the starter scripts above include these already.
The AOD Map Check Scripts.zip scripts will check if the options aren't chosen correctly. So if the host forgot to include a GLA computer player or didn't put it in the right position, then these scripts will notify the host what he's done wrong & ends the game.

The AOD Map Alliances & Money Fix.zip script will fix the alliances & money set for your map. So if the players aren't teamed up correctly or if the money wasn't set to $50000, this fixed that!

The AOD Map Command Center Scripts.zip scripts will remove the GLA command center from the map without the game ending. Usually in AOD maps, when the human players destroy the command center, the player gets defeated & the game ends. This gets rid of the command center & spawns another off the border..

The AOD Map Music Scripts.zip will add music tracks to your map!

Edited by user Saturday, September 13, 2008 2:49:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
AOD Map Starter Scripts.zip (6kb) downloaded 372 time(s).
AOD Map Check Scripts.zip (2kb) downloaded 224 time(s).
AOD Map Alliances & Money Fix.zip (2kb) downloaded 221 time(s).
AOD Map Command Center Scripts.zip (1kb) downloaded 230 time(s).
AOD Map Music Scripts.zip (2kb) downloaded 212 time(s).
AOD Map Tutorial.doc (300kb) downloaded 407 time(s).
Sponsor
Offline randomperson  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2008 8:44:03 AM(UTC)
randomperson
Colonel

These are brilliant, I have always wanted to make AOD maps
UserPostedImage
Offline doctorwhol  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 6:40:14 AM(UTC)
doctorwhol
Private

how can i open the doc files?
Offline Drummin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 6:44:40 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
It's a Microsoft Word document.
Offline xoox  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:37:04 PM(UTC)
xoox
Private

Is there a way to make it compatible with the remix mod because the mod doesnt have GLA anymore only stealth, assault....
Offline Drummin  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 2:16:39 PM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

It doesn't have to be GLA, but any AI in the game. Change accordingly.
Offline xoox  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 1:46:13 AM(UTC)
xoox
Private

I got it to work now thanks. Just one more question they spawn drive straight on to the next waypoint but i want the to move and attack so they stop shoot everything end than continue to the defeat area and dont leave the trigger area.
Offline svarionare  
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 4:23:27 AM(UTC)
svarionare
Private

T oMe Myself and Pi:
Good job!
It's useful,thanks!

Edited by user Saturday, March 26, 2011 4:24:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Drummin  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 8:54:11 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General

It's been so many years since I looked at MeMyselfandPi's tutorial but I assume you are spawning teams at a waypoint, and possibly with the same script, telling them to follow the path. Instead make two subroutine scripts with the setting [S A ND], one says '<thisteam>' hunt, the other, '<thisteam>' follows pathway. In the team editing section under team behavior select the follow pathway script for the "OnCreate" and "All Clear" actions. For "Enemy Spotted" select your hunt script. By using '<thisteam>', you can use these scripts for all teams. Test it out and if works, change all teams to use these same scripts.