Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sky Demon  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 11:17:30 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Okay, thanks.
Offline assassin4359  
#22 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2010 6:49:26 AM(UTC)
assassin4359
Private

uuummmm can i have this simple i want to have a unit enter a building then he gains controll of a turret how plz as simple as posable as in a step by step plz thx u
yo waz up?the there ages are coming pre-diseaster diseaster and post diseaster but who will survive these ages?pre-diseaster diseaster and post diseaster maps coming soon!!!!
Offline Drummin  
#23 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2010 6:56:56 PM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
The first worked example in section 3 will work for what you're doing for human players.
Offline krit  
#24 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2010 7:26:17 PM(UTC)
krit
Commander in Chief

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
It would also work for AI players provided you have the building named as one of the designated garrison buildings for the AI to send troops into.
UserPostedImage
Offline Drummin  
#25 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2010 9:03:31 PM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Yes the transfer would be made but AI players sell any buildings transferred over to them and he's talking about turrets.
Offline i^love^mixery  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:35:11 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 147 post(s)
Drummin wrote:
Being able to script for all player's has really been great. Just be sure of what you're getting into. I'm working on a six-player Skirmish/Muli-Player map and wanted to give each player unique units depending on their faction and start location. I've placed each set of scripts in a seperate folder. So far when testing there has been almost no game lag with this new scripting. However, scripting is starting to really bog-down World builder because of the bulk. There's six start positions, twelve factions and eight rooms. This works out to 576 folders (6x12x8) containing at least three scripts each in the PlyrCivilian folder not counting other supporting scripts. It's cool scripting this way but it takes time.

even though this topic is old i feel like pointing this out:

you do not need 6x12x8 script folders for this and its pretty funny that you wasted your time like that.

just think logically:
1. you check:
what faction is in area InnerPerimeter1? you need this 12 times (for each faction)

2. you check:
which player is it? you need this 8 times (for each lobby player)

so you need only 20 scripts per start position, 160 scripts for a map with 8 start position and not like 1.500 lol. seriously..
Offline Drummin  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:25:10 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General

You've pointed this out to me several times already.

Edited by moderator Wednesday, August 3, 2011 8:27:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline i^love^mixery  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2011 5:49:31 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Drummin wrote:
You've pointed this out to me several times already.

1. this is the first time i wrote it in a public topic

2. i only fixed your post since you talked crap in a tutorial topic and i'd like to prevent more time wasting

Edited by moderator Wednesday, August 3, 2011 8:28:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: fixed the rudeness and trolling

Offline Drummin  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2011 8:03:28 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General

You have to realize this was a whole new way of scripting at the time it was introduced and the first time we could script for players other than <localplayer>. To say I "posted crap" may be true but also understand the original topic post has been modified from the original and again this was all new. If I could edit or remove those old "crap" posts I would but yes, your post does piss me off because as you weren't here at the time as the discovery was being made and you have sent me PM messages as well.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 3, 2011 8:33:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Phe0n1x  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2011 8:17:34 AM(UTC)
Phe0n1x
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
There's no need to be rude in this thread. If you have a problem with a tutorial bring it up in an educated fashion. Posting "lolumad" is not an appropriate response. I do hope you take this advice into account. The community needs positive reinforcement rather than trolling and negative reinforcement as you have just done. If you continue to post in this manner I will take administrative action rather than moderation action as I have just done.

Have a good day,
Phe0n1x

Edited by user Wednesday, August 3, 2011 8:20:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline i^love^mixery  
#31 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2011 9:51:53 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Drummin wrote:
You have to realize this was a whole new way of scripting at the time it was introduced and the first time we could script for players other than <localplayer>. To say I "posted crap" may be true but also understand the original topic post has been modified from the original and again this was all new. If I could edit or remove those old "crap" posts I would but yes, your post does piss me off because as you weren't here at the time as the discovery was being made and you have sent me PM messages as well.

you dont have to talk down on me about the good old times. i started using the worldbuilder when ZH was released and i started using this player0 stuff like 1 week after it was discovered. but its true that i wasnt active at this forum at those times but anyway: im sure that you havent asked anybody for help before you started to script this 1.500 script monster map..

Edited by user Thursday, August 4, 2011 9:53:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Drummin  
#32 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:04:00 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General

Hey you should have seen that map when I also scripted snipers and rocket launchers in the hills for each player. That added even more scripts.
Offline i^love^mixery  
#33 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:57:21 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Drummin wrote:
Hey you should have seen that map when I also scripted snipers and rocket launchers in the hills for each player. That added even more scripts.

yea nice..

you know what i find funny?
you probably created this map so you can play it online without problems but now i have another problem:
my internet wont upload it to the other players in time because its by far too big! well done Big Smile
Offline Drummin  
#34 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2011 11:17:15 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General

I never "played online".
Offline i^love^mixery  
#35 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2011 3:37:46 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

are you kidding me?