Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

TheFirstDecade Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 5:43:23 PM(UTC)
TheFirstDecade
Private
United States

Im working on a remake of the RA2 Skirmish map, Dune Patrol, and i decided to add a village near the oasis in the middle of the map. A couple Neutral/capturable GLA Supply stashes near some supply docks make one worker thanks to the building aggressiveness (Wonder how they would be able to make more than one or if i can spawn in extra workers.) and i thought, "hm, we need something else thats more menacing in this village."

So i went ahead, created two small oil plants consisting of a buncha explosive barrels, one oil derrick and oil refinery and two oil tanks each. I placed some Civillian-faction GLA Rebels, RPG Troopers and Technicals near these places as a sort of "Guard".

Now i need to figure out how to make these units attack anything, including AI and yourself, in a designated field that surrounds the stash and the tech buildings like they are using the "Guard" command in that area. Any tips? Heres what i scripted down so far.

*** IF ***
Unit 'Oil1' has been discovered by Player '<This Player's Enemy>'
*** OR ***
Unit 'Oil2' has been discovered by Player '<This Player's Enemy>'
*** OR ***
Unit 'Stash1' has been discovered by Player '<This Player's Enemy>'
*** THEN ***
Play Sound 'RebelVoiceCapture'.

What else do i need to add to the "Then" part of the script in order to have these units attack anyone that gets near these buildings? Anything involving neutrals attacking you because you're ruining their peace really drives me to make maps.
Sponsor
SkyMix_RMT Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 5:01:42 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Create a new player, make it enemy to everyone, then change behaviour of placed units to aggressive, no scripting required.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord