Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gameanater  
#21 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 8:34:05 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
It's going to take me a bit to reply to the other stuff, so I'll put this SCUD Bug reply here...

http://www.wikihow.com/D...6C-Generals-or-Zero-Hour
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline Gameanater  
#22 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 8:40:36 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Chinese faction stuff:

Early in the game, China lacks usefull units. But they ARE good at what the designers tried to build their faction for: swarming the enemy. Trust me, you CAN'T out-build them unit-wise. Learned that the hard way going up against a Tank General online as Dr. thrax trying to build up a horde of my own guys...

Mini Crossbow/Super Lotus/Van:

The Mini Crossbow would only be usefull against infantry because it's a DART-firing weapon. It WOULD leave a pool of Anthrax behind, which could in theory do minor damage to vehicles, but that's it. Lotus will have to stick with capturing the buildings. Although she still might not be able to do anything against something like a Gattling Cannon.

As for the Van and the Super Hacker thing, I like the idea of generating more cash the closer you are to the enemy base but I have no idea if that would even be possible to do...

I also don't know if I could get the Outpost to both function as something infantry can shoot out of AND as a money-generating place for Super Hackers/Hackers...

but I suppose I MIGHT be able to get it so that the Outpost generates money at all times. That probably wouldn't require too much.

Edited by user Friday, October 17, 2014 8:43:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline CaeDares  
#23 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 8:58:55 PM(UTC)
CaeDares
Captain
United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 17 post(s)
That SCUD-Bug seems crappy. Thank god I've never had that problem.

I can understand that for sure, but that's the only problem I have with the Chinese. Early game you're not that prepared unless you're ready to start pumping out defenses and rocket troops to put in the bunkers, which can be expensive.

I like your idea with the Mini Crossbow, but unlike the other two heroes she's completely useless against vehicles unless she sits on the ground and tries to power one of them down, but even then that doesn't last long and isn't normally worth the time unless its one vehicle in your way.
Maybe you could change that power to something better to use, maybe an EMP Bolt? Fire it at an enemy vehicle and it temporarily disables it.
Maybe you could also put a mini-laptop type of device on her other wrist? Change the other powers while were at it so she has a different bolt for the occasion. Hit the building with the bolt, switch to her laptop and she starts stealing cash, capturing the building, whatever.

Well, maybe the building could come built with a gattling cannon? If you want RPG troops build a bunker next to it?

If you want to do it like that maybe you could just take the script from that GLA building (Memory of the name isn't coming) and modify it a bit?
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

I may not be available between November 22nd and December 4th due to travelling. If you require my assistance, please Private Message me
Offline Gameanater  
#24 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 3:14:01 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Yeah, that's my primary beef with Generals Chinese...

Hmm... I actually like the EMP Bolt and mini-laptop, although she already HAS a laptop with her so that would be highly redundant unless I got rid the existing laptop.

Maybe it could be like this....

Poison Darts against Infantry and EMP Darts against vehicles.

Or...

Flare Darts against both, it causes the target to burst into flames and leaves behind a small fire.

It seems a bit implausible to me though a single EMP Dart to disable an entire building, though. I mean, yeah, PARTICLE CANNONS are already slightly implausible, but y'know...

I like your ideas, though... But it would take a bit of qwork to get working, like any modding does.
Offline CaeDares  
#25 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 4:48:12 PM(UTC)
CaeDares
Captain
United States

I'd say just get rid of the laptop and give her a laptop that goes on the wrist / forearm.
Maybe not even get rid of it just...Make it smaller and put it on her arm.

Poison / Flare darts? That brings up the idea of her attacks being DOT instead of straight up damage, which I like. She IS the sneaky type, so why not?
But then again, that's yet again a way to give away that she's there. "Oh, my units are dying via DOT, time to pump out Radar Vans / Scan the area with that free U.S.A. ability that I forgot the name of." The entire point is so that they don't know she's there until she actually does something that could screw you over.
Maybe just make it so that she can Insta-Kill any infantry unit, but she has a wait time before she can do it again?

While I agree with you on it being implausible, I should have to bring up that there are a lot of implausible things that go on in this game lol. Helix's that can be armed with a napalm bomb but dont disastrously explode in a cloud of napalm? Colonel Burton armed with tons of ammo and an assault rifle, climbing mountains and planting bombs, yet he's invisible? Logic!

I agree on that, I don't expect my imaginary, made up world of what Generals should be to become a reality.

I may not be available between November 22nd and December 4th due to travelling. If you require my assistance, please Private Message me
Offline Gameanater  
#26 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 5:01:24 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Well, I might be able hide the existing Laptop object without doing modeling, and as for adding a new one I could just have her use Colonel Burton's knifing animation for her hacking... That would work I think.

Damage Over Time giving her away? I see your point, but there IS still a little "we have discovered an enemy Black Lotus" and "Our building is being captured!" stuff going on when she's seen and capturing a building, but at that point you should hope you can move in units on her fast enough or Sell. So I don't think having units die because of poison and poison fields left around by an Infantry General wouldn't be too different.

Yeah, that is true. I never thought of the Helix's not exploding into a fire superstorm after the upgrade like that before, but I see your point.
I always thought of CB's weapon as a chain gun/mini gun of some kind... Though I guess if it actually was, then by Generals logic he'd be able to attack aircraft.

I'll try my best though to make it a reality! Within reason. xD

Edited by user Saturday, October 18, 2014 6:25:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

Offline CaeDares  
#27 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 5:30:12 PM(UTC)
CaeDares
Captain
United States

Sounds good to me.

I guess you have a point, but I guess it doesn't really matter seeing as there isn't a single infantry unit in the game that can detect stealthed units anyways, so I guess if you're going to be attacking with her then your objective to steal buildings is more of a secondary option.

Well, according to Generals logic, the Chinese weapons got turned into Miniguns just because they were under the orders of General Fai, so I guess his weapon could be anything. But I see it as an assault rifle because he shoots 3 bullets, stops, shoots 3 more, ect. Sounds like a 3 round burst assault rifle to me.

Just make sure there are lots of explosions.

Offline Gameanater  
#28 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 6:32:18 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: CaeDares Go to Quoted Post
Sounds good to me.

I guess you have a point, but I guess it doesn't really matter seeing as there isn't a single infantry unit in the game that can detect stealthed units anyways, so I guess if you're going to be attacking with her then your objective to steal buildings is more of a secondary option.

Well, according to Generals logic, the Chinese weapons got turned into Miniguns just because they were under the orders of General Fai, so I guess his weapon could be anything. But I see it as an assault rifle because he shoots 3 bullets, stops, shoots 3 more, ect. Sounds like a 3 round burst assault rifle to me.

Just make sure there are lots of explosions.

Yay.

actually, that's not true. The Pathfinder can detect any stealthed units, and all of the Black Lotuses can too. Strangely, though, Colonel Burton and Jarmen Kell are left out of the loop...

lol. xD
And by Generals logic General Granger gets laser-defenses on his planes but General Townes -- THE LASERT GENERAL -- gets nuthin'.

Kaboom!!!!
Offline CaeDares  
#29 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 6:50:42 PM(UTC)
CaeDares
Captain
United States

Eh! I guess I didn't think about the Pathfinders because I figured they were like Jarmen Kell, and I don't usually classify the 'Heroes' as the 'Infantry', so that's why I didn't list Lotus.

Eh. General Townes being my favorite American general (Because Lasers) I can see how he's balanced, but at the same time I can see him being overpowered as it is. He's a boss. But I would like to see his aircraft get lasers.

Take that explosion and multiply it by 50. Then I'll be happy.

Offline Gameanater  
#30 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 7:53:20 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Yeah, I actually would have liked Jarmen kell to be able to detect stealth guys... That would especially made sense for Prince Kassad. Who, btw, doesn't GET any other snipers in Skirmish. lol"

Well, one more thing to add to my mod!

KAAAAAAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Offline CaeDares  
#31 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 8:15:21 PM(UTC)
CaeDares
Captain
United States

The only thing I hate about Prince Kassad is how hard he is to defeat on Challenges. I don't think it's the fact that he's stealthed, I think it's the fact that he's GLA and already has a crapton of Stinger Sites all over the map, meaning No bombing or anything like that. Frustrating.

Well, unless you're planning on only working on the Chinese faction, is there anything else you have planned on trying to do?

Offline Gameanater  
#32 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 8:24:23 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Yeeeuup... Pretty fusterating.

Here's a list so far of what I want to do since you asked:

-- Fai's buildings will spawn Mini-Gunners when blown up similar to a USA general

-- Prince Kassad will get Snipers and a unique Jarmen Kell

-- Two words: Quad Sniper

-- Fai will get a fast Technical-style van that is stealthed and has a Gattling Gun

-- Composet Armor for General Kwai

-- Laser missile defense systems for Townes' airforce

-- Laser missile defense systems for some of Townes' buildings

-- Re-add the Laser Cannon Superweapon for Townes

-- Zombies, maybe even a whole zombie faction

-- Hero Vehicles for all factions

-- Unique versions of existing Hero units for each version of a faction (for example, Laser Colonel Burton)

-- Balance out the factions a little more

-- Dr. Thrax can create a horde of Zombies for very little money

-- Improve some in-game effects a little (I've already got blood in there)

-- Red Guard Robots replaces Napalm Bomb for Fai's Helixs, the bomb will spawn 3 Red Guard Robots instead of fire and has a faster recharge rate.

You like?
Offline CaeDares  
#33 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 9:53:43 PM(UTC)
CaeDares
Captain
United States

Quote:
-- Fai's buildings will spawn Mini-Gunners when blown up similar to a USA general

I like it, but at the same time Fai's Mini-Gunners are also a lot stronger (Or faster? Both?) than a normal Ranger, so the fairness of that is a bit off, but at the same time I dislike how the Chinese are the only one who don't have a, what I call a "Building Special", like how the GLA have holes that can rebuild the structure after a while, and the U.S.A. get troops from their buildings being destroyed. At the same time, however, these arn't all that important, seeing as Rangers arn't that big of a threat to tanks destroying buildings, and the same thing goes with the Holes, which can easily be destroyed by just about anything. So if you're going to give the Chinese a "Building Special", it shouldn't be something as powerful as Mini-Gunners, who I have used over and over again to defeat my opponents without the use of tanks or RPG troops unless I was playing the defensive.

Quote:
-- Prince Kassad will get Snipers and a unique Jarmen Kell

As far as the Snipers go, it's a decent idea but I think we should stick with who the GLA actually are. You don't look at GLA and think "Oh crap, they've probably got snipers and a whole bunch of cool stuff sitting around!" You think "Oh god, they're going to attack us as soon as they possibly can and get it over with." When I play GLA, I don't think the best way to defeat my opponent, I think "Okay, my defenses suck but my vehicles arn't that expensive. Weak in terms of armor, but cheap. Good for swarming. Make a bunch of technicals and tanks, fill the techs with RPG troops and throw them onto the battle field."
I don't think it's a BAD idea, especially since they already have Jarmen Kell, but with how fast GLA produces income, spam queuing snipers while you're rolling in 50k of cash doesn't seem very fair in any way that I look at it personally. I hate Pathfinders as it is.

Quote:
-- Two words: Quad Sniper

Might need a bit more detail on this idea.

Quote:
-- Fai will get a fast Technical-style van that is stealthed and has a Gattling Gun

General Fai already has this kind of vehicle, minus the stealth and the Gattling gun, but at the same time, the Assault truck, which is loaded with 8 Mini-Gunners, is a lot stronger than a single Gattling Gun, especially if you were to put them up against the original vehicle that the original Chinese faction has. Not only that, the vehicle has Propaganda.
So as I see it as "General Fai has more than enough Bullet Firepower", I also think that the Mini-Gunners are kind of like General Fai's trademark unit, so why not provide something that gives those units a bit of a boost? Obviously, they're strong, but fragile. Maybe a support vehicle?

Quote:
-- Composet Armor for General Kwai

Sounds good to me

Quote:
-- Laser missile defense systems for Townes' airforce

Also good

Quote:
-- Laser missile defense systems for some of Townes' buildings

I find that the Lasers are pretty decent Anti-Tank weapons, so along with the defenses you'll obviously already have in place around, and possible even inside your base, you're already going to be good in the terms of defense. I'm not saying I support the idea, but it's like you're giving away an extra defensive system when you build certain buildings. Some of these buildings could even have more Hit Points than the Laser Defense Systems, and then there would be absolutely no point in building the defense systems at all except for early game defense.
Maybe to make it a bit better, instead of a laser we give certain buildings a "Microwave Tank Beam" effect. Gets rid of at least 1 tank for the time that the building is still up. For example, an overlord. That's a bunch of firepower you just took away from them over a laser.

Quote:
-- Re-add the Laser Cannon Superweapon for Townes

I didn't realize he didn't have the Superweapon...Now I have to go look. I'll edit this part after I think about it.

Quote:
-- Zombies, maybe even a whole zombie faction

I'm not really into the whole "Zombie Apocalypse" hype, so I'm generally not the person you should be asking about this.

Quote:
-- Hero Vehicles for all factions

Yes, yes yes, and yes.

Quote:
-- Unique versions of existing Hero units for each version of a faction (for example, Laser Colonel Burton)

Yes, yes yes, and yes.
Except, however, I wouldn't give them any other special abilities or any extra firepower, seeing as they're already strong as it is, especially if you get them up 3 ranks.

Quote:
-- Balance out the factions a little more

Always a yes.

Quote:
-- Dr. Thrax can create a horde of Zombies for very little money

Same thing about the Zombies idea above. I would get somebody else' opinion on this.

Quote:
-- Improve some in-game effects a little (I've already got blood in there)

Who doesn't like blood in a computer game? More explosions!

Quote:
-- Red Guard Robots replaces Napalm Bomb for Fai's Helixs, the bomb will spawn 3 Red Guard Robots instead of fire and has a faster recharge rate.

Do you mean this as in a Drop Pod? I like the idea, as cool as it sounds, but obviously you'd have to set a fair countdown limit to it, and at the same time, you can have unlimited Red Guard Robots just by purchasing 1 Helix. Think about how many youll get with 20 Helix's.

Edited by user Sunday, October 19, 2014 10:07:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked CaeDares for this useful post.
Gameanater on 10/19/2014(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2014 9:53:55 AM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Well I'm about to leave for church so I'll have to respond in full later, but I will say this:

Your opinion is pretty helpful, thanks for the help so far. Smile

I basically plan to make each faction more powerful but since EVERY other faction is also more powerful then they were before I'm hoping I can keep it balanced in that way.

Maybe for the Red Guard Robots the 'Bots self-destruct in flames after a short amount of time?

In other news I can no longer participate in the Be Aware topic due to the crappy intetnet filter known as Net Nanny I'm stuck with on my computer. Angry Gaaahhh....
Offline CaeDares  
#35 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2014 10:18:50 AM(UTC)
CaeDares
Captain
United States

Quote:
Your opinion is pretty helpful, thanks for the help so far. Smile

Not a problem.

Quote:
I basically plan to make each faction more powerful but since EVERY other faction is also more powerful then they were before I'm hoping I can keep it balanced in that way.

There's always going to be something that needs balancing. I've never in my entire life played a game that was balanced except for older RPG games like Baldur's Gate.

Quote:
Maybe for the Red Guard Robots the 'Bots self-destruct in flames after a short amount of time?

That sounds like a good idea, but being it an explosion, would it hurt units around them?
Maybe they should only self-destruct if they haven't been killed in battle, and if they do then it should be more of a power shutdown?
Either way, I can see how handling that kind of unit would require more strategic maneuvers, but at the same time it comes with a risk to your own units, which I dont think any other unit has in the game: A risk, which would make people not want to use it in the first place.

Edited by user Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:14:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Gameanater  
#36 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 8:03:30 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Townes Missile defense:

I meant like the Avenger's ability to defend itself from missiles, so you'd end up with the Supply Drop Zone doubling as a minor anti-missile device.

Technical for Fai:

The Assault Troop Crawler, while it obviously transports infantry, it isn't very fast (nor does it have good armor, but I plan to improve that). I was thinking the mini gunner-technical thing could also be cloaked, so as to provide Lotus with a very fast way to move around the map.

The support vehicle's a cool idea, though.

Quad Sniper:

Take a look at the GC_Slth version of the Quad Cannon, it has an upgrade that allows it to snipe infantry EXTREMELY fast. However, this might be a little too powerfull and render Fai's infantry rushes completely worthless for what I feel is Kassad's own signature unit or best generic grunt vehicle (since he's got no tanks). So instead, this would act as a SECOND Hero Vehicle, in addition to being able to train 5 jarmen Kells (which, actually, you can make happen very easily) and have Jarmen Kell's Technical.

Kassad was actually originally intended to get Snipers, you can find a couple of them in the GLA mission where you fight him, but they can't be trained even if you capture his buildings. They're basically Pathfinder clones without Chem Suits. I honestly think that that, along with 5 Jarmen Kells, would fit the stealth general quite well. Besides, I'm giving him a Quad Sniper too on top of that. So he might be the GLA Sniping General. xD

Fai buildings spawning Mini-Gunners:

I do see your point about being unbalanced... Maybe it'll spawn only a couple Mini-Gunners and a few Red Guard Robots (that don't self-destruct)? Would that balance out a little better?

I'm also planning to give him the ability to train USA-style Pilots, which would help his vehicles, which I'm going to try to scale down to focus on his infantry more (besides the Assault Troop Crawler, which will get beefed up with better armor).

Red Guard Robot Flame Destruction:

Nothing too big, really. Try blowing up a Dragon Tank, it leaves behind a small amount of fire which damages anyoine who walks through it. I would think that since it does the same a Dragon Tank does when it blows up, whether it self-destructed or was killed, it wouldn't be too big of a deal as long as your other infantry weren't crowding it.

Red Guard Robots will also be vulnerable to EMP.
Offline CaeDares  
#37 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:49:58 AM(UTC)
CaeDares
Captain
United States

Ignore my deleted messages above, I accidentally quoted one of my own comments and posted it on accident when I was trying to edit "unbalanced" to say "balanced". Oops!

Quote:

Townes Missile defense:
I meant like the Avenger's ability to defend itself from missiles, so you'd end up with the Supply Drop Zone doubling as a minor anti-missile device.

I'm not really sure about this, to be honest. It could make General Townes completely invulnerable to missile troops.

Quote:
Technical for Fai:
The Assault Troop Crawler, while it obviously transports infantry, it isn't very fast (nor does it have good armor, but I plan to improve that). I was thinking the mini gunner-technical thing could also be cloaked, so as to provide Lotus with a very fast way to move around the map.

While I agree that the Assault Troop Crawler is way too slow, giving it speed AND armor seems like an overpowering move. In my mind, it's just a transport vehicle that infantry can shoot out of, so it shouldn't really be that armored to begin with. Thinking logically, if it was originally fast, and THEN you add a bunch of armor to it, that armor is going to slow the vehicle down. Maybe give it the speed it needs, and then add a new Upgrade that allows you to add armor to it at the cost of some speed, that way players can choose whether they want a highly mobile assault vehicle that zooms past their units / defences, or if they want to have a nicely protected assault vehicle that sits at the front lines and mows people down.

Quote:
Quad Sniper:
Take a look at the GC_Slth version of the Quad Cannon, it has an upgrade that allows it to snipe infantry EXTREMELY fast. However, this might be a little too powerfull and render Fai's infantry rushes completely worthless for what I feel is Kassad's own signature unit or best generic grunt vehicle (since he's got no tanks). So instead, this would act as a SECOND Hero Vehicle, in addition to being able to train 5 jarmen Kells (which, actually, you can make happen very easily) and have Jarmen Kell's Technical.

I don't know. Kassad is overkill as it is. Tunnel networks in your base, the ability to create stealthed infantry in your base, and along with that he's constantly sending rocket buggy's your way to take out your defences. If you add this, the next thing you have to worry about is 5 Jarmen Kells and a Quad Cannon that can instantly kill all your infantry. It MIGHT be a bit fair if he was the 2nd to last person you fight in Challenge mode, but him usually being the 2nd to 5th general you fight, I don't seem it quite fair.

Quote:

Besides, I'm giving him a Quad Sniper too on top of that.

If you do this, my suggestion is that you at least give him a longer reload time after shooting all 4 times, to the equivalent of having to reload after each shot, except 4 times.
That or just take that away and just give him a faster rate of fire.

Fai buildings spawning Mini-Gunners:
Quote:
I do see your point about being unbalanced... Maybe it'll spawn only a couple Mini-Gunners and a few Red Guard Robots (that don't self-destruct)? Would that balance out a little better?

Maybe just the Red Guard Bots because if they blow up around the Mini-Gunners...Then what's the point of the Mini-Gunners? They'd just get blown to bits if the enemy general knows what he's doing and attacks the Bots first.

Quote:
I'm also planning to give him the ability to train USA-style Pilots, which would help his vehicles, which I'm going to try to scale down to focus on his infantry more (besides the Assault Troop Crawler, which will get beefed up with better armor).

I don't like the idea because it's a USA specific thing. Besides that, when it comes to Fai, any tanks you use are basically going to be for Utility, like clearing out a building or helping you take down planes and defend the base, so there's no real reason to have them gain ranks to begin with.

Quote:

Red Guard Robot Flame Destruction:
Nothing too big, really. Try blowing up a Dragon Tank, it leaves behind a small amount of fire which damages anyone who walks through it. I would think that since it does the same a Dragon Tank does when it blows up, whether it self-destructed or was killed, it wouldn't be too big of a deal as long as your other infantry weren't crowding it.
Red Guard Robots will also be vulnerable to EMP.

Sounds good to me, then.

Edited by user Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:51:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Gameanater  
#38 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 9:26:14 AM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

lol.
Townes Missile Defense:

Good point... Maybe it just provides targeting assistance to other units like the Avenger does to ground units and wouldn't do anything against missiles... Would that work?

Tech and Assault Troop:

Cool idea, actually. only problem is that I don't think I can change their speed through an upgrade, so I'd have to go with one or the other.

Maybe I'll make the Assault Troop Crawler stay the same speed and have better armor and increase the speed of the Attack Outpost but leave its armor weak, perhaps that'd work?

Prince Kassad:

He's already overkill? Well, not quite from my point of view. To be honest I wish the dev's would have lust let us use the GC_Slth version of him in that one mission for Skirmish and challenge, 'cause THAT looks more like an extremely sneaky/stealth based dude to me then the guy we get in Skirmish and Challenge. I dunno....

Anyway, the 4 shot per magazine idea actually sounds like it would work very well. And, heck, all I'd have to do is add one or two lines to the existing Quad Sniper weapon and BOOM! It works! Might also balance out the Elite Sniper I have for Fai that uses that weapon (yep, fully-automatic Sniper Rifle for a ground unit. With your idea I can tone that down a bit better!).

There's actually "commented-out" code that would otherwise allow 5 Jarmen Kells for Kassad... AND, he GC_Slth Jarmen Kell also has a bonus weapon that lets him snipe garrisoned infantry (a nice thing, I must say).

I don't know, I see your point regarding balance but I still kind of want to play with the idea of Kassad having more sniping stuff then just one Jarmen Kell... Maybe just Pathfinder clones and 5 JK's and no Quad Snipers whatsoever would keep that from being overpowered against infantry, I don't know...

Red Guard Bots and building spawning stuff:

Well, the version of the Bots spawned when the building blows up wouldn't normally self-destruct or anything... It'd still leave the flames behind, but I think that would still work somewhat well at least.

Pilots:

Yeah, you're right... That's something better suited to Kwai...

Oooo! Give Kwai's vehicles Pilots, too! That'd be cool!

Offline Gameanater  
#39 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 11:45:17 AM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

What about if I gave Fai the USA Rangers? Sure it might not make a lot of sense at first, but what if he had stolen tech and stuff from other factions to augment his infantry with? If I gave him Rangers, I could logically make his buildings spawn Rangers when they blow up.

What about a Toxin Rebel while we're at it? And a Terrorist?
Offline CommieDog  
#40 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 1:17:38 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gameanater Go to Quoted Post
Tech and Assault Troop:

Cool idea, actually. only problem is that I don't think I can change their speed through an upgrade, so I'd have to go with one or the other.

You can change a unit's speed with an upgrade. Take a look at the Nuclear Tanks upgrade.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
thanks 1 user thanked CommieDog for this useful post.
Gameanater on 10/25/2014(UTC)