Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Annihilationzh  
#21 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 3:54:30 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Command_America_GLAInfantryHijack doesn't exist. Replace it with Command_GLAInfantryHijack. I missed that one the first time through.

Edited by user Friday, April 25, 2014 3:57:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline crashdodgers  
#22 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 7:34:51 PM(UTC)
crashdodgers
Captain
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Well that did not work, it still crashes the game!!
Offline Reignscythe  
#23 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 4:59:45 AM(UTC)
Reignscythe
Private
Philippines

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: crashdodgers Go to Quoted Post
OK people I have finished all the work on the command set and it looks like this!

CommandSet America_GLAInfantryHijackerCommandSet
1 = Command_America_GLAInfantryHijack
; Guard was removed permanently for this unit, since it can't
13 = Command_Guard
14 = Command_Stop
End

CommandSet AmericaBarracksCommandSet
1 = Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryRanger
2 = Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryMissileDefender
3 = Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryColonelBurton
4 = Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryPathfinder
5 = America_Command_ConstructGLAInfantryHijacker
6 = Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryBiohazardTech
7 = Command_UpgradeAmericaRangerFlashBangGrenade
8 = Command_UpgradeAmericaRangerCaptureBuilding
13 = Command_SetRallyPoint
14 = Command_Sell
End

CommandSet AirF_AmericaBarracksCommandSet
1 = AirF_Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryRanger
2 = AirF_Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryMissileDefender
3 = AirF_Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryColonelBurton
4 = AirF_Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryPathfinder
5 = AirF_America_Command_ConstructGLAInfantryHijacker
14 = Command_Sell
End

CommandSet SupW_AmericaBarracksCommandSet
1 = SupW_Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryRanger
2 = SupW_Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryMissileDefender
3 = SupW_Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryColonelBurton
4 = SupW_Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryPathfinder
5 = Supw_America_Command_ConstructGLAInfantryHijacker
14 = Command_Sell
End

CommandSet Lazr_AmericaBarracksCommandSet
1 = Lazr_Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryRanger
2 = Lazr_Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryMissileDefender
3 = Lazr_Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryColonelBurton
4 = Lazr_Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryPathfinder
5 = Lazr_America_Command_ConstructGLAInfantryHijacker
14 = Command_Sell
End
Now if there is a problem with this, please let me know so I can change it as I have not put it into the game yet. And what is or are "code tags Reignscythe".

See the red lines. You need to make a separate commandbutton for each. Then copy the modified hijacker code in each faction ini's, and, to avoid further problems in modding, name each other differently.

Or simply, just erase the Lazr_, SupW_, etc.. but it will make life harder for you if you decided to add USA prerequisites to it (ie, Strategy Center..)

If that's not the problem, go to My Documents and you'll find there a folder named "Command and Conquer.. Data" There should be an .ini file there named "ReleaseCrashInfo.ini" and in there you should see what line in what .ini has the error.

If it showed nothing, run WorldBuilder. It should tell you what is the error, though it never helped me that much..

EDIT: Also, do what AnnihilationZH said..

Edited by user Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:12:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

(>T^T)><{Help me make my mod become a reality..}

Offline Annihilationzh  
#24 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 6:03:58 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

I somehow managed to completely miss post #16 in this thread. So sorry about that.

If you want to avoid errors like this occurring, you need to stop renaming things in CommandSet.ini without also adding a new button in CommandButton.ini
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline crashdodgers  
#25 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 6:18:33 PM(UTC)
crashdodgers
Captain
United Kingdom

Well this is driving me nutsBanghead, I removed all the old ZeroHour file and replaced with a new clean one. The I went back and redone from scratch the hijacker, I went through all three files, making new Command Buttons, command Sets and new unit files for all 4 American factions and placed all three files in the, c:Program Files x86, EA Games, ZeroHour, Data, INI. Is this the right file or should I put them in the ZHINI file. I just copied and pasted and did not use final big, as every time I use this all the hard work just disappears when I have checked it afterwords.

When I checked the ReleaseCrashInfo file it says, "Release Crash at Sat Apr 26 23:30:35 2014
; Reason Uncaught Exception during initialization.", ReleaseCrashInfoPrev, Release Crash at Sat Apr 26 01:33:58 2014
; Reason Error parsing INI file 'Data\INI\CommandSet.ini' (Line: 'CommandSet America_GLAInfantryHijackerCommandSet ')

Code:
CommandSet AmericaInfantryHijackerCommandSet
   1 = Command_AmericaInfantryHijack
  ; Guard was removed permanently for this unit, since it can't
  13 = Command_Guard
  14 = Command_Stop
End

And as you can see from the there is no (GLA) in the code, so what is going wrong?

If you are interested in checking all the files you can find the zip "America Hijacker.zip" here https://www.mediafire.com/.
Offline JoshZemlinsky  
#26 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 6:50:51 PM(UTC)
JoshZemlinsky
Captain

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I am curious as to why you want to make a new commandset for them, they can easily be shared between units.

Also, the link to the file doesn't work. Also try 'searching' the file for "CommandSet America_GLAInfantryHijackerCommandSet" Since the game printed that, the line does exist somewhere. Another thing, if you boot up worldbuilder it will print out any errors. I use that as my debugging tool, since it does catch things you will usually not.
thanks 1 user thanked JoshZemlinsky for this useful post.
Annihilationzh on 4/27/2014(UTC)
Offline Reignscythe  
#27 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 1:49:09 AM(UTC)
Reignscythe
Private
Philippines

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Oh crap. Have you read any tutorials in modding before? Maybe your problem is, you don't follow the steps. You said the Zero Hour goes corrupt when you use the .big extractor. *sigh*

It may be our mistake to assume you already knew what to do before the actual modding, let say this is the problem..

1.) USE .big extractor. Extract the files in the .big archive TO its respective Zero hour directory. (Do NOT edit them in its archives, I tried that and believe me, I spent days reinstalling and reinstalling Zero Hour..)

For example, my Commandset.ini and Commandbutton.ini will be extracted to my Zero Hour folder, D:\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour - The Golden Army\Data\INI, for it to be read by the game properly.

Meanwhile, GLAInfantry.ini (where the original hijacker is..), and AmericaInfantry.ini, etc.. will be extracted to D:\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour - The Golden Army\Data\INI\Object..

2.) Since you only needed to make Hijacker available to America without any prerequisites, you only needed to copy its code, paste it in wanted .ini (Or make a new .ini just for the heck of it..) and you don't need to edit the hijacker's commandset UNLESS you wanted to modify its commandset and abilities.

3.) So all you needed to do is..
- Copy Hijacker code from GLAInfantry.ini..
- Paste it in any .ini you like..
- Edit its name (The 'Object' one, not the 'OBJECT:')
- Remove its prerequisites and such.. No no don't ever think of changing its commandset!
- Copy Hijacker commandbutton from commandbutton.ini, then paste it at the bottom or at the top (doesn't matter,) of the .ini file, change the Commandbutton value, and the Object value, and NOTHING else..
- Now go to commandset.ini, paste in the American barracks commandsets the commandbutton you made for the hijacker, like you did earlier. nothing else.

In summary,

Object x (of modified Hijacker in AmericaInfantry.ini) = Object x (of the same unit in Commandbutton.ini)
Commandbutton y (in Commandbutton.ini) = Commandbutton y (in Commandset.ini, the one you'll put in Barracks commandsets)

As for your current problem, check the commandset of your hijacker and the actual commandset in commandset.ini and see if they're names are the same. (If in your commandset is named AmericaInfantryHijackerCommandSet in commandset.ini, then it should be the same in the american hijacker code..)

Now if anyone of you please answer my question at my topic it will be greatly appreciated, I'm really really stuck at that challenge mode. XD
(>T^T)><{Help me make my mod become a reality..}

thanks 1 user thanked Reignscythe for this useful post.
CommieDog on 4/28/2014(UTC)
Offline crashdodgers  
#28 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 7:20:07 AM(UTC)
crashdodgers
Captain
United Kingdom

Hi I do have some basic knowledge of modding and I have a folder with a few tutorials. And I think I may have found the problem, the tutorial I was using is not very good, but I found one that answer the question of what is going wrong and it would seem that I am trying to do the right thing but with the wrong program i.e. using final big and not csf editor to input the files in to the game. If I get it right and it works I let you all no.
Offline Annihilationzh  
#29 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 9:39:16 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

The CSF editor isn't for INI files, it's for text. You also don't "input the files in to the game" as they're simply extracted into Data/INI

Offline acidbrain  
#30 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 11:45:18 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Annihilationzh Go to Quoted Post
The CSF editor isn't for INI files, it's for text. You also don't "input the files in to the game" as they're simply extracted into Data/INI

Grumpy today Annihilation? Big Smile
It's fun to see the newbies struggle, reminds me of the days i started modding, it was higher math for me in the beginning. Tongue
Here is a --{@ for you, flowers always make you smile.Thumb Up
Panem et kirkinses
Offline Annihilationzh  
#31 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 5:09:43 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

No...? I'm not intentionally curt, it's just the way I speak. It comes free with being an INTJ; people just generally assume I'm being a jerk.

Edited by user Monday, April 28, 2014 5:10:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline crashdodgers  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:55:12 AM(UTC)
crashdodgers
Captain
United Kingdom

Right OK, first thank you to all the people who have been helping me with this project and second let’s start from scratch with what I am trying too do.

1.I am trying to make the GLA Hijacker unit available to all 4 American factions, to use in the whole game and not just one map.

2.I have read a couple of different tutorials on this subject and they all seem to be missing part of the process.

3.It must be possible to do this as EA have all reedy done it for the boss general.

4.I know that to make this unit available to all 4 then it must be placed in the barracks of all 4 factions.

5.At my current level of understanding and skill at modding, I can extract and edit files; I understand what each on the different files do and I can get some downloaded mods to work in my game, but not all. I.e. I have a mod to for upgrading the look of the American, Humvee unit and I can do this with no problems, but I have three other vehicle mod’s that for the life of me I just do not seem to be able to get them working.

6.What I need is help in finding a way to get all the edited files inputted into the game and making in work without the game crashing crashing and it has to be an idiot’s guide to modding.

7.The reason why I am trying to do this is simple, one I want to be able to play using my own boss general with all my favourite buildings and units from all the different generals rolled in to one and to do this I have to start some where so why not with something that I thought would be the easiest to do and second it will help me become better at modding.
Offline JoshZemlinsky  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2014 12:48:48 PM(UTC)
JoshZemlinsky
Captain

It really is not that difficult, i am surprised at the amount of problems you are having with this.

Next time, try launching the "Worldbuilder" program, it comes with generals. It will tell you if something is wrong and what. (altho not all messages makes sense)

For an example, when i begun modding a few weeks ago, i had a problem where the game crashed aswell. I opened Worldbuilder, and suddenly it told me what was wrong, apperently 'tabs' were not allowed in some .INI files. (still not sure what it means) This was incredibely usefull, as that certain problem was completely invisible to the naked eye.

What i can imagine you are doing wrong, is naming certain things incorrect, or possibly the same as above. I am thinking i should spent a few minutes making a very very simple but explanatory tutorial on this matter, complete with images and what not.

Because in the end, it is not difficult at all. I have elected Generals my easiest game ever to mod lol.

I will see what i can do.
Offline acidbrain  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2014 4:09:20 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Adding the GLA Hijacker to America

Step 1: The Object code

Extract 'Americainfantry.ini' from INIZH.big and place it in 'C or D or whatever:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command & Conquer(tm) Generals Zero Hour\Data\INI\Object', open the ini and scroll to the bottom of the file.
Now open 'GLAInfantry.ini' and search for the Hijacker object code, copy/paste the Hijacker code into the 'Americainfantry.ini' and adjust the following lines of code.
Code:

Object GLAInfantryHijacker --> Object AmericaInfantryHijacker

Side = GLA                 --> Side = America

Prerequisites
Object  = GLABarracks       --> Object  = AmericaBarracks
Object  = GLAPalace         --> Object  = AmericaStrategyCenter
Science = SCIENCE_Hijacker  --> Science = SCIENCE_AmericaHijacker
End

The whole object code looks like this

Step 2: Make a button to construct the America Hijacker

Open 'CommandButton.ini' and make a copy of the 'CommandButton Command_ConstructGLAInfantryHijacker' and adjust it for America use.

Original GLA Hijacker button
Code:

CommandButton Command_ConstructGLAInfantryHijacker
  Command          = UNIT_BUILD
  Object           = GLAInfantryHijacker
  TextLabel        = CONTROLBAR:ConstructGLAInfantryHijacker
  ButtonImage      = SUHijacker
  ButtonBorderType = BUILD ; Identifier for the User as to what kind of button this is
  DescriptLabel    = CONTROLBAR:ToolTipGLABuildHijacker
End

America Hijacker button
Code:

CommandButton Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryHijacker
  Command          = UNIT_BUILD
  Object           = AmericaInfantryHijacker
  TextLabel        = CONTROLBAR:ConstructGLAInfantryHijacker
  ButtonImage      = SUHijacker
  ButtonBorderType = BUILD ; Identifier for the User as to what kind of button this is
  DescriptLabel    = CONTROLBAR:ToolTipGLABuildHijacker
End

Step 3: Add the Hijacker to the America Barracks CommandSet
Open 'CommandSet.ini' and search for 'CommandSet AmericaBarracksCommandSet'.
Slot 5 is free so you can use it for the Hijacker.
Code:

5 = Command_ConstructAmericaInfantryHijacker
 14 = Command_Sell
End

Step 4: Make a science for the America Hijacker
Open 'Science.ini', search for 'Science SCIENCE_Hijacker' and copy it.

Original GLA Hijacker Science
Code:

Science SCIENCE_Hijacker
  PrerequisiteSciences = SCIENCE_GLA SCIENCE_Rank3
  SciencePurchasePointCost = 1
  IsGrantable = Yes
  DisplayName = SCIENCE:GLAHijacker
  Description = CONTROLBAR:ToolTipGLAScienceHijacker
End

America Hijacker Science
Code:

Science SCIENCE_AmericaHijacker
  PrerequisiteSciences = SCIENCE_AMERICA SCIENCE_Rank3
  SciencePurchasePointCost = 1
  IsGrantable = Yes
  DisplayName = SCIENCE:GLAHijacker
  Description = CONTROLBAR:ToolTipGLAScienceHijacker
End

It's a level 3 science, you can place the new America Hijacker Science beneath the Pathfinder science.

Step 4: Make a button to purchase the America Hijacker Science
Open 'CommandButton.ini', search for 'CommandButton Command_PurchaseScienceHijacker' and copy it.

Original GLA Purchase Science Hijacker button
Code:

CommandButton Command_PurchaseScienceHijacker
  Command           = PURCHASE_SCIENCE
  Science           = SCIENCE_Hijacker
  Object            = GLAInfantryHijacker
  ButtonImage       = SUHijacker
  ButtonBorderType  = UPGRADE ; Identifier for the User as to what kind of button this is
End

America Purchase Science Hijacker button
Code:

CommandButton Command_PurchaseScienceAmericaHijacker
  Command           = PURCHASE_SCIENCE
  Science           = SCIENCE_AmericaHijacker
  Object            = AmericaInfantryHijacker
  ButtonImage       = SUHijacker
  ButtonBorderType  = UPGRADE ; Identifier for the User as to what kind of button this is
End

Step 5: Add the Purchase America Hijacker Science to the CommandSet
Open 'CommandSet.ini' and search for 'CommandSet SCIENCE_AMERICA_CommandSetRank3'.
You can put the Hijacker Science in slot 2 of the 'CommandSet SCIENCE_AMERICA_CommandSetRank3'
, it will be beneath the pathfinder on the science screen in game.
Code:

; Rank 3 assign buttons to position like so:
; 1 4 7 10 13
; 2 5 8 11 14
; 3 6 9 12 15
CommandSet SCIENCE_AMERICA_CommandSetRank3
  1 = Command_PurchaseSciencePathfinder
  2 = Command_PurchaseScienceAmericaHijacker
  4 = Command_PurchaseScienceParadrop1
  5 = Command_PurchaseScienceParadrop2
  6 = Command_PurchaseScienceParadrop3
  7 = Command_PurchaseScienceA10ThunderboltMissileStrike1
  8 = Command_PurchaseScienceA10ThunderboltMissileStrike2
  9 = Command_PurchaseScienceA10ThunderboltMissileStrike3
  10 = Command_PurchaseScienceEmergencyRepair1
  11 = Command_PurchaseScienceEmergencyRepair2
  12 = Command_PurchaseScienceEmergencyRepair3
END

If i made any mistakes feel free to correct it.

Greetz

Edited by user Wednesday, April 30, 2014 4:27:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Panem et kirkinses
thanks 1 user thanked acidbrain for this useful post.
CommieDog on 5/2/2014(UTC)
Offline JoshZemlinsky  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2014 4:23:06 PM(UTC)
JoshZemlinsky
Captain

Ah Damn, you beat me to it AcidBrain..

Just spent the last hour making a very detailed tutorial on this lol.
I posted it in the Tutorials section, dunno, might be worth keeping anyways.
Offline acidbrain  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2014 4:29:53 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Sry, i was in a tutorial mood.Big Smile
Panem et kirkinses
Offline Annihilationzh  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2014 4:55:28 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Here's the lazy man's way...

Change this:
Code:
Prerequisites
Object = GLABarracks
Object = GLAPalace
Science = SCIENCE_Hijacker
End

To this:
Code:
Prerequisites
End

Now add the commandbutton:

Code:
5 = Command_ConstructGLAInfantryHijacker
14 = Command_Sell
End

Edited by user Wednesday, April 30, 2014 4:56:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline JoshZemlinsky  
#38 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2014 3:47:46 AM(UTC)
JoshZemlinsky
Captain

Originally Posted by: acidbrain Go to Quoted Post
Sry, i was in a tutorial mood.Big Smile

Heh, no problem Wink
I guess we both were.
Hopefully my tutorial wouldn't of been a complete waste, once it does get approved. I wanted to make a very detailed tutorial, hopefully not missing out on anything.

And i wanted to contribute towards the forum Cool
Offline crashdodgers  
#39 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2014 6:48:38 AM(UTC)
crashdodgers
Captain
United Kingdom

Right guys this is still giving me a headacheBanghead as I understand every thing you have said, but something is still going wrong. I have copied, edited and pasted all the files just as you have posted, but when I run the game it still crashes.

Now I have used final.big to extract the files and used a csf editor to put the files into the general’s.csf file and place the edit INI files into the c: program files (x86), EA Games, ZeroHour, Data, INI.

Now in theory having done all this it should work, but it dose not all it dose is crashes the game. So what I need to know is why? Now is it something to do with the INIZH file not being the same as the information in the Data, INI file?

And I had a look in the tutorial folder, but was unable to find the one on this subject!

So once again thank you for all your help so far, but please do not waste tine posting codes as I have done every thing and your codes and mine match. So there is some other problem that we are all missing!
Offline acidbrain  
#40 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2014 7:20:23 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Go to 'Documents and Settings' folder open 'Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data', there is a file called 'ReleaseCrashInfo', open it and copy/paste the data here.
Panem et kirkinses