Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mr_hymn_  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2017 10:56:04 PM(UTC)
mr_hymn_
Major
Thailand

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 127 post(s)
I am able to build A10 Thunder bolt but I can't make it firing a gun like vanilla A10 thunder bolt. It's firing vulcan gun but not firing the missile.
Sponsor
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 6:38:04 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Do you have it set up with 2 weapons both Vulcan and missles?

If so you might have to set the missles to a preferred target like buildings or tanks becuase primary weapons usually take over all targets unless you tell it not 2.
9Q_1P at your service. Moddin help and mod maker ranges from paradrop planes, aircraftcarriers and yes snow men with death lazer eyes

Want a peek? Visit this page
Advanced warfare
Offline mr_hymn_  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 7:27:02 PM(UTC)
mr_hymn_
Major
Thailand

Originally Posted by: qqqqqqqqqp Go to Quoted Post
Do you have it set up with 2 weapons both Vulcan and missles?

If so you might have to set the missles to a preferred target like buildings or tanks becuase primary weapons usually take over all targets unless you tell it not 2.

Yes it does I did but problem is it's not diving and hitting a target like normal a10 should be and missile is firing in a similar way to king raptor. The weapon should attach to bones isn't it?

I am copy from other mod that using buildable A10 and it doesn't work the same way as I wanted. I can't remember the old mod that work with A10 really fine.

If any one have a mod that have buildable A10 and working properly let me know I will try to get one and look into the code
Offline Zatsupachi  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 8:01:38 PM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
As far as I know, there's no way for a CONTROLLABLE A10 Thunderbolt to do the same thing as how it attacks in the support power, unless, well there's the cheap way, by making it act like an Aurora Bomber on it's ATTACKING state.

Solution A:
Essentially, you copy the Aurora Bomber, and have the Locomotor when attacking have it fly low.
Side Effect:
It's going to fly low every time you order it to attack.

Solution A2:
Have a dummy weapon that when emptied, triggers the Aurora's Sluggish Locomotor.
Have this Locomotor be the "Fly-low" locomotor.
Just make sure the dummy weapon doesn't have a reload that says 'RETURN_TO_BASE'

Solution B:
You make it animate diving down. Use a state like USING_WEAPON_A or something.
Side Effect:
It's going to make collisions weird. It's going to look weird-- not entirely sure if bones will correctly cooperate.

As for it using both weapons at the same time, you can try PreferredAgainst

Code:

WeaponSet
  Weapon = PRIMARY VulcanWeapon
  PreferredAgainst = PRIMARY STRUCTURE VEHICLE INFANTRY
  Weapon = SECONDARY MissileWeapon
  PreferredAgainst = SECONDARY STRUCTURE VEHICLE INFANTRY
  Weapon = TERTIARY DummyWeapon ;from solution A2
  PreferredAgainst = TERTIARY STRUCTURE VEHICLE INFANTRY
End

Edited by user Thursday, April 6, 2017 8:05:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
Offline mr_hymn_  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 10:57:00 PM(UTC)
mr_hymn_
Major
Thailand

Right now I am modding the A10. I am using limited Ammo of vulcan gun to make sure that it will not keep attacking the building after it launched all the missile and vulcan must be out of ammo before releasing all the 6 missiles.

So now my A10 will firing a vulcan with scatter damage with FX then the missiles. This result is very good.

Only 2 things left. It cannot dive by any means even using a preferredHeight in Locomotor for the attack. It still moving in a same height as normal speed
Missile is not out from all the bones. Only WeaponA01

Even I am put in a code "WeaponFireFXBone = SECONDARY WeaponA01 WeaponA02 WeaponA03 WeaponA04 WeaponA05 WeaponA06"

For the solution of A10 weapon I might go to Gmax and edit the weapon bone so it can fire the missiles in all 6 weapon bones.

For Diving. I have no idea.

Offline Gameanater  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 11:08:11 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
The only time I made a buildable A10, I basically modified a Raptor into one. It probably was much easier and less buggy, though I personally didn't even bother with trying to make it divebomb. I don't think there's going to be much luck with the diving part.

However, I don't know why I thought this was a good idea, I let the buildable A10 keep its vulcan gun with unlimited ammo. I guess it could still pick off individual units but the end result still requires a bit more micromanagement than normal for a typical ZH fighter jet.

Question on gmax, is it possible to have multiple bones named the same thing? If i recall correctly the Quad Cannon's code refers to only one FireFX bone yet the gun still constantly goes through firing from four different spots, so I figure they might have the same name or something.
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline mr_hymn_  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 11:20:32 PM(UTC)
mr_hymn_
Major
Thailand

Originally Posted by: Gameanater Go to Quoted Post
The only time I made a buildable A10, I basically modified a Raptor into one. It probably was much easier and less buggy, though I personally didn't even bother with trying to make it divebomb. I don't think there's going to be much luck with the diving part.

However, I don't know why I thought this was a good idea, I let the buildable A10 keep its vulcan gun with unlimited ammo. I guess it could still pick off individual units but the end result still requires a bit more micromanagement than normal for a typical ZH fighter jet.

Question on gmax, is it possible to have multiple bones named the same thing? If i recall correctly the Quad Cannon's code refers to only one FireFX bone yet the gun still constantly goes through firing from four different spots, so I figure they might have the same name or something.

Just like Overlord tank. I will learn and may change the name also duplicate the object make sure it won't effect the vanilla ones.

I am do not need the muzzle flash with the bones Only all 6 weapon bones.

For Gmax it doesn't have a same name but the game pick them from the name. Like MUZZLE, Barrel, MuzzleFX etc In Gmax it will be MUZZLE01 MUZZLE02 and so depends on how many guns do you have. If it's same name it would fire all objects at once.
Offline mr_hymn_  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2017 12:45:32 AM(UTC)
mr_hymn_
Major
Thailand

I am adding this code into A10 Thunderbolt. Now it can fire with 6 weapon bones as I want.

WeaponFireFXBone = SECONDARY WeaponA
WeaponLaunchBone = SECONDARY WeaponA
ShowSubObject = WeaponA01 WeaponA02 WeaponA03 WeaponA04 WeaponA05 WeaponA06

When firing it may having a little weirdo for a missile that went slightly to the left then go for the target. Just very little noticeable changes.

One last thing. how to make it dive? if it's dive everything will be complete. My controllable A10 will be lovely to use and ready to be awesome!

Edited by user Friday, April 7, 2017 12:46:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Correct the english.

Offline mr_hymn_  
#9 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2017 1:17:35 AM(UTC)
mr_hymn_
Major
Thailand

Now my A10 can dive I am set the locomotor from WINGS to HOVER and set height to 50 from 100. So now it can dive

But it will dive when click attack. So is there a way to set locomotor when unit getting close ti target only?