Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline klingondragon  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2016 6:02:51 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
I have grappled with this before and have decided to actually get an answer.

I would like specific buildings to be built without a dozer in a small mod I plan to make.
I have few details about the mod as the idea isn't fully formed in my mind but it will likely involve trying to build on water.

I would like to know what code enables building a structure without a dozer in all stars and if it's possible to adapt this to work on water or for a single building if needed.
Sponsor
Offline CommieDog  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2016 3:27:01 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Oh man... Honestly, I've forgotten exactly how the All Stars Conyard system works. But you're welcome to look at the code (if you haven't already).
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline klingondragon  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2016 5:45:52 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

All I could find was loads of ocl stuff.
I think I can reverse engineer it but I doubt I will be able to get it to work on water.
Offline klingondragon  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2016 12:20:59 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

found it:
Step 1 : Add dozer to the 'KindOf' line.
Code:

KindOf              = PRELOAD STRUCTURE SELECTABLE IMMOBILE COMMANDCENTER SCORE CAPTURABLE FS_FACTORY AUTO_RALLYPOINT MP_COUNT_FOR_VICTORY DOZER

Step 2: Copy a DozerAIUpdate module to the CC.
Code:

Behavior = DozerAIUpdate ModuleTag_ConstructionYard
    RepairHealthPercentPerSecond = 0%    ; % of max health to repair each second
    BoredTime                    = 5000  ; in milliseconds
    BoredRange                   = 150   ; when bored, we look this far away to do something
    ; the only "enemies" that workers can acquire are mines, to be disarmed...
    AutoAcquireEnemiesWhenIdle   = Yes
  End

A lot simpler than my assumption after my first look at the files.
(Note: This doesn't work exactly like all starts. You may build anywhere not just within a given radius)

Also after playing the mod I found tons of bugs and the artwork wasn't great. I certainly think this mod could use some more work. I assume (as it's rather old) nothing more is likely to be done. It's a shame as I love the premise of the mod.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 7, 2016 12:23:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Zatsupachi  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 1:20:15 PM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Sadly yeah.
The way they did it so(or at least what I think they did) that the building didn't construct when its too far away from the the CC is that the building will keep taking damage while its constructing. The CC provided healing for the constructing building enough to keep it alive until its constructed.
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
Offline klingondragon  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 1:39:56 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

But when you build outside the build area you get your money back and the are expands not just based on the cc but every building
Offline Blbpaws  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 12:17:00 PM(UTC)
Blbpaws
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 32 post(s)
This is really going back a ways, but I know we (read: CommieDog) based the code off DetoNato's mod (which I don't believe he ever finished). We also added some restrictions like the build radius and timeout to balance the gameplay. It wasn't a proper CNC conyard system in which you could only build one structure at a time, because that would have given the Generals side a pretty significant advantage, and also because when you clicked in a unbuildable area, you'd still get the timeout.

As for the artwork and the like, I agree that it's not up to anything close to modern standards. Just remember that the mod was started in 2004, and a great deal of the art work comes from 2005 and 2006--almost an eternity ago, in a lot of ways. We fixed a lot of bugs (again, credit to CommieDog here), but some of them were unfixable with the SAGE engine, at least as far as we could tell at the time.
UserPostedImage
Offline CommieDog  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 5:24:26 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: klingondragon Go to Quoted Post
Also after playing the mod I found tons of bugs and the artwork wasn't great. I certainly think this mod could use some more work. I assume (as it's rather old) nothing more is likely to be done. It's a shame as I love the premise of the mod.

We did kick around the idea of making a sequel at some point. But the problem is that even the most recent moddable C&C game (RA3) is getting kind of old now and doesn't have much of a modding community left. And doing a C&C mod using C&C IP and assets from some of the newer games on a game engine not owned by EA could lead to IP issues. So a sequel isn't likely to happen at this point. Dead
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline klingondragon  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 6:55:49 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

ZH is still being modded and loads of people still play it. A new team might be able to fix some of the bugs and make better models (I don't know anyone good with models and my modding is a bit rusty (I basically couldn't play for 2 years). But I'm sure you could find someone (or somefew) to help).
Offline sgtmyers1988  
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 8:31:24 PM(UTC)
sgtmyers1988
Private
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
For some reason I could not find or access my old account on here so I made a new one. Its been awhile. lol Anyways I wanted to chime in even though this was a relatively old post. I am the creator of the Tiberian Dawn Redux Mod for Zero Hour. Early on I collaborated with the All Stars Team for help with using the code and assets. (wayyy back in '07-'08) I took the system and refined it quite a bit. I also had the AI use it in a very limited fashion but I wound up designing a special system for the AI to have it build invisible dozers that can move across the map at a super quick rate to emulate the Construction Yard build style. I also designed a toggle system to switch from the Conyard System to the Generals Dozer System along with extended command menus. I also made a working wall system which cannot be done with the regular Dozer system. Players can have the option to use either system while the AI prefers the specialized Dozer system.

The .ini files you will need to use and edit are the following:

Located in Data>INI folder

ObjectCreationList < for spawning the buildings .etc
Armor < to set up special armor templates for ConYard built buildings
Weapon <for the construction spawn triggers
Locomotor <for the Dozers/ConYard
ParticleSystem < if you want visual effects such as blowing dust as the building gets placed .etc
DamageFX < consolidated visual fx coding
FXList < same use as particle system but audio effects are controlled here as well
Speech < audio effects e.g. Building, Cannot Build, Construction Complete notifications
SoundEffects < building placement sound effects
Upgrade < if you plan to use a toggle switch as it is just a instant command set upgrade command
CommandButton < command button design and programming
CommandSet < where you want the command buttons in the GUI and for alternate menus

The Data>INI>Object folder is where you will code in your objects/buildings that will use the Conyard system. There is actually no particular way to set it up and organize it. Just save the coded objects in any file with the .ini extension, preferably a new file so you can access it easier without scrolling thru masses of code to locate it again if you need to edit it. For Tiberian Dawn Redux I made sub folders for organizing all the specialized faction objects. With the exception of the system.ini where I placed misc. object data for the Conyard system. You can organize the files at your discretion as long as they stay in that Object subfolder.

I could sit here all day trying to explain everything but it would be a huge thread post so I will refrain. You were welcome to test out and decompile the mod and its code, if it helps.
http://www.moddb.com/mod...quer-tiberian-dawn-redux

Edited by user Saturday, October 15, 2016 8:44:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline klingondragon  
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 10:13:01 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

You basically just explained the most simple aspects of modding on a thread where practiced borders have been posting.
What would have been more useful would be information on how you did it not which files you edited.