Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Harcyon  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:32:38 PM(UTC)
Harcyon
Private

OK WTF i mean what is this? I mean i have repaired uninstalled ZH and Generals and i uninstalled TFD i have tried every fix on forums but nothing... HELP it crashes after the movie and it is about to go the main menu so... help please.

Release Crash at Wed Aug 19 17:15:23 2009
; Reason Uncaught Exception in GameEngine::update

Last error:

Current stack:

ya so i need help it just did this after yesterday and it is weird so help please.
File Attachment(s):
DxDiag 2.txt (37kb) downloaded 401 time(s).
Sponsor
Offline krit  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:42:40 PM(UTC)
krit
Commander in Chief

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Sounds like something got messed up in the Options.INI IMO. Did you also deleted all the ZH and Generals related folders when you re-installed?
UserPostedImage
Offline Harcyon  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:36:58 AM(UTC)
Harcyon
Private

Wierdly enough it only seemed to happen when me and a friend were working on world builder. We had an asertion failure on both of the vine textures and the program almost crashed when i clicked on the "Particle Test object" i will try the option.ini thing again but maybe it was that map cause i moved it out of the ZH folder when i reinstalled because i really like it and planed to submitt it here.
Offline Drummin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:53:09 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
As you might know, there are many objects that don't show when placing them on the map. Remove any object icons for items that don't show. I'm sure you also know that you get errors when using different tools for the first time during a mapping session. Always hit ignore. I look forward to seeing the map. Check out the Reviewer Guidelines section for things we look for.
Offline Harcyon  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:55:42 PM(UTC)
Harcyon
Private

Quick update:
I have deleted every single file about the Zero Hour data, then reinstalled. When it had an issue with the second splash screen i thought YES finnaly it works. I had some issues getting an options.ini file but my friend helped me out by sending me a .ini file and thought a lot of time we saved the previous txt file and it became a configuration file just like the one i was sent. it then crashed at the top again. SO i checked the release crash info file and IT SAYS "Reason Uncaught Exception in GameEngine::update" OMG HELP i am bout so mad as i might ask EA for help and we all know how helpful their customer support is.

Here is the new dxdaig 2.1! woot lol

any comments welcome. btw generals still works so idk. just not zh
File Attachment(s):
DxDiag 2.1.txt (36kb) downloaded 416 time(s).
Offline marcusaurelius  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2015 11:25:21 PM(UTC)
marcusaurelius
Captain
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hey guys, here is the answer. I just encountered this while modding. It happened with worldbuilder when I got an error for a waypoint - Strange I thought, and saved the map. Soon I was getting this error. None of my mods worked, not even Vanilla Zero Hour.

Solution:
Delete any recent custom maps: for some unknown reason it wouldn't let the game render. Mine would crash whenever the engine would try to render a scene, then give an error code and that was it.

Not like you guys are gonna find this, but maybe in the future it will help get someone going again.
I build mods.