Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ratm  
#41 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:36:01 PM(UTC)
ratm
Private

Thank you very much, buddy!!! You rock!!!
Offline Stewox  
#42 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 2:32:09 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

Great update.

As for the lag, while there was some bit of it but got fixed right away , mostly , there is much lower lag sometimes if any at all. Good job.
UserPostedImage
Offline r42  
#43 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 12:43:20 PM(UTC)
r42
Private

Dunno wat to do else. Suggestions?
Offline AEI  
#44 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:42:12 AM(UTC)
AEI
Private

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
r42 wrote:
Dunno wat to do else. Suggestions?

Hello.
First, thank you for your work on this mod.
Now, several suggestions.
The loaded battle buses do not work for all GLA 's , only for vanilla GLA.
This is because the different load scripts use the same name, and then accidentaly the same script is used /in the on create behaviour for the teams/
for all non vanilla GLA 's , which mean they all try to load faction specific rocket guys /for example stealth trying to use chem_tunnel deffenders/ which do not belong to their faction.
It can be fixed by renaming the scripts to S_GLA battle bus load /for Stealth/ , T_GLA battle bus load /for Toxin/ and so on, and then selecting the appropriate script for each faction Battle bus team.
You should also use sequential sripts for the loading.
The early GLA technical terrorist rush is set to attack tech center, but in case such building is not built, the technical will just unload the terrorists in one of the corners of the map.
Since this is often the first GLA attack, it is very probable that the human player will not have a tech center yet, so often the attack will not start.
It is better for this attack to be set to attack base buildings, since the player always have some, so the attack will execute properly every time.

You should change the supply priority for vanilla USA in "USA Attack Priorities" from the current

For Attack priority set 'USA Supply Lines Priority' set the priority of object type 'Supply Lines' to 600
For Attack priority set 'USA Supply Lines Priority' set the priority of object type 'Supply Lines - Buildings' to 500

to something like
For Attack priority set 'USA Supply Lines Priority' set the priority of object type 'Supply Lines' to 150
For Attack priority set 'USA Supply Lines Priority' set the priority of object type 'Supply Lines - Buildings' to 148
which are btw the default values.
This is because the supply hunt teams will attack only workers/chinooks, never the supply center itself.
/Since the "AttackPriorityDistanceModifier = 50.0 ;The distance required to reduce attack priority by 1." in AIdata.ini the supply hunters will hunt for workers all over the map, and will suicide in the enemy base, leaving all the supply stashes or centers behind intact because of the huge difference in the priority/ .

For all GLA factions, the value for tank priority for AntiAir defences in "GLA Prio Change Back" scripts is wrong, it is 19, but it should be set to the original value of 29, because with 19 the GLA tanks will never attack pattriots or gattling cannons when the power is back.

You can use hellfire drones in "USA Complimentary - Infantry Team" script for USA's instead of battle drones, they are a lot more effective against infantry.

I saw that you are trying an ambulance with the laser general, as a toxin guard.
The bad news are that guard mode for the ambulances do not work, since their hazard cleaning weapon work independent from the ambulance, so the guard mode do not apply for it, so the ambo will not chase toxin spills that are outside the range of its weapon, which is pretty small.
This also apply for the human player's ambo , and it is EA's bug.
There is a workaraund for this though, the "ScanRange" for the ambo's weapon in AmericaVehicle.ini /and the respective ini's for the other non vanilla USA's /could be set to bigger value than the current 100, for example 800 or 1000 . 800 is enough for the ambo to guard the whole /AI/ base.
In the ini file is said that "If this range exceeds the AmbulanceCleanHazardWeapon AttackRange, it'll move!"
and indeed the ambulance moves.
Finally, for the hazard cleanup to work properly with the ScanRange change, i found that changing the default values for the AmbulanceCleanHazardWeapon in Weapon.ini to something like
PrimaryDamageRadius = 20.0
AttackRange = 30.0
works best.

You can use my modified script file for reference, it includes most of the fixes that i wrote above.

SkirmishScripts.scb
http://www.mediafire.com...93fab7ace04e75f6e8ebb871

Edited by user Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:37:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline r42  
#45 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 11:31:19 AM(UTC)
r42
Private

Thank you!
Well then it will be a monthly update. Changelog:

- Supply Priority changes for all USA's.
- Medic team for UsA's and it works! (clean up the Base)
- Improved script for GLA technicial rush. If there is no Tech Center it will surprise you! At the first time, of course.
- Fixed tank priorities for "GLA Prio Change Back" scripts.
- Fixed battlebuses issue.
- USA(all USA's) Tank/vehicle teams will attack infantry with hellfire drones.

Grab it here http://www.mediafire.com/?5n5jewyt3zm
Also, I made a setup for 1.06 version(all mod files included). Will works if you already have 106 mod and if you not.

Edited by user Thursday, August 20, 2009 11:44:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Drummin  
#46 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 8:35:51 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Has anyone had problems loading v1.04? The install utility seemed to work fine but the game wouldn't play and crashed with unknown exception error. V1.06 worked great though.
Offline Phe0n1x  
#47 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 9:30:01 AM(UTC)
Phe0n1x
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I've only tried the 1.06 version. Seems to work great to me. :)
UserPostedImage
Offline rwzw2  
#48 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 11:04:55 AM(UTC)
rwzw2
Private

Yes, the v1.04 produce the following error:
Quote:
; Reason Error parsing INI file 'Data\INI\Object\AmericaBuilding.ini' (Line: 'Object AmericaCommandCenter ')
Offline r42  
#49 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 12:46:28 PM(UTC)
r42
Private

rwzw2 wrote:
Yes, the v1.04 produce the following error:
Quote:
; Reason Error parsing INI file 'Data\INI\Object\AmericaBuilding.ini' (Line: 'Object AmericaCommandCenter ')

Sorry but it seems that I modded some wrong inies for zh104 setup. Please wait a little while I do it with correct inies.
upd: Work is done. http://www.mediafire.com/?b3hwkzonohy

Edited by user Friday, August 21, 2009 5:09:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline rwzw2  
#50 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 3:26:45 PM(UTC)
rwzw2
Private

Thank you for the fast response!
v1.04 seems to work now.
Offline Stewox  
#51 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2009 1:01:41 PM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

Great , going to play some tonight!
UserPostedImage
Offline bsnowie  
#52 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 6:43:00 PM(UTC)
bsnowie
Private

The Mediafire links don't seem to work:

Quote:
The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

Perhaps a mirror as well?

Thanks
Offline r42  
#53 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2009 12:17:56 PM(UTC)
r42
Private

Hmm... very strange. Here is another one http://www.mediafire.com/?nnyzntritft

Edited by user Monday, September 28, 2009 9:37:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bsnowie  
#54 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2009 12:58:46 PM(UTC)
bsnowie
Private

It works; thanks for the new link!
Offline Stewox  
#55 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2009 2:08:38 PM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

Oh well , yes i forgot that night , some extensive schoolwork been now for several weeks , thanks for the link now:D
UserPostedImage
Offline koetty  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:08:45 AM(UTC)
koetty
Private

no update this month? Sad
mh I love this avdvanced AI mod.
Is there any solution against the problem that units of the AI only idle in the base?
I recognize that later in the game the AI usually doesn't create any units for battle and also no buldings for gaining even more money.

Im from germany so exuse me for my horrible englisch. Wink

ps: the mod also works on the germany edition Big Smile
Offline Phe0n1x  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:54:50 AM(UTC)
Phe0n1x
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
So I picked up ZH, and found that I am quite rusty...especially with this mod. The jump from easy to medium is insane @_@
UserPostedImage
Offline r42  
#58 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 10:05:20 AM(UTC)
r42
Private

Phe0n1x wrote:
The jump from easy to medium is insane @_@

Yeah, it is. Because Easy is THAT dummy from original AI. And Medium the same as Hard but without 50k money bonus.
Quote:
Is there any solution against the problem that units of the AI only idle in the base?

Which Gen? Please more info.
Quote:
no update this month?

I decide to take a break for a while due to the lack of ideas, so... suggest your suggestions.
Offline koetty  
#59 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 2:13:06 AM(UTC)
koetty
Private

the problem of idling in the base is actually with every general. at first the medium or hard ai enemies attack me very often and at this time of game it is difficult to defeat the AI. but later... when the ai has to much units it only sends a few of his units to my base and even more later no units anymore.. or is that only my problem which nobody shares?
and i have also recognized that the ai gains no money when i destroy the blackmarkets or hackers for example. the ai doesnt rebuild this buildings or units again.

Offline koetty  
#60 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 8:56:09 AM(UTC)
koetty
Private

today i've tested it with different maps and the problem was only on one map so dont be care about it anymore Big Smile

the mod is a great job Thumb Up