Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Stewox  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 2:27:25 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

r42 wrote:

Code:
What changes did you make to the INI files? I am thinking of using your skirmish AI in my mod but i cannot use your INI files since my mod modifies the same files.
I add those strings to DragonTanks and BombTrucks
Code:
Behavior = CommandButtonHuntUpdate ModuleTag_Hunt01
End
and those KindOf for battlebuses
Code:
TRANSPORT
sorry for late answer.

so that's all you changed , added hunt updates and kindof , is there anything else , plz i must know so i can merge it with my mod , next release it would be good if you made a list , or comments in the code it self that would be greatly appreciated.
UserPostedImage
Offline Stewox  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 5:48:53 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

oh my...

I went 1v1 hard , i was airforce and the random was toxin ... game starts smoothly , but after scud storm the same ol problem arrived , the lag , however the lag is different , in lions latest version the whole game was slowed down when it lagged and there were less big lags but still quite noticeable, this time the lag multiplied , beginning with small lockups-lags that means the game was normal when it not lagged for a moment , these lockups where significant lags , the way the game turned out , at the end when the AI defeated me with suprisingly smart tactic and units it didn't used before, anyways the game lag was unbareable, the lockups were longer and longer so there was very little smooth play moments .. judging that my high end machine can't cope this , no any mainstream PC and ever handle this.

There are just scripts that are in the way and the AI forces to run script many times or what, I personally don't know about scripts and never edited them, there must be something to clean-fix up.
UserPostedImage
Offline r42  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 6:46:31 PM(UTC)
r42
Private

Stewox wrote:
r42 wrote:

Code:
What changes did you make to the INI files? I am thinking of using your skirmish AI in my mod but i cannot use your INI files since my mod modifies the same files.
I add those strings to DragonTanks and BombTrucks
Code:
Behavior = CommandButtonHuntUpdate ModuleTag_Hunt01
End
and those KindOf for battlebuses
Code:
TRANSPORT
sorry for late answer.

so that's all you changed , added hunt updates and kindof , is there anything else , plz i must know so i can merge it with my mod , next release it would be good if you made a list , or comments in the code it self that would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, that's all for object inies. But if you still need it, then next time I'll try to remember and to add comments in the code for it.
Quote:
oh my...

I went 1v1 hard , i was airforce and the random was toxin ... game starts smoothly , but after scud storm the same ol problem arrived , the lag , however the lag is different , in lions latest version the whole game was slowed down when it lagged and there were less big lags but still quite noticeable, this time the lag multiplied , beginning with small lockups-lags that means the game was normal when it not lagged for a moment , these lockups where significant lags , the way the game turned out , at the end when the AI defeated me with suprisingly smart tactic and units it didn't used before, anyways the game lag was unbareable, the lockups were longer and longer so there was very little smooth play moments .. judging that my high end machine can't cope this , no any mainstream PC and ever handle this.

There are just scripts that are in the way and the AI forces to run script many times or what, I personally don't know about scripts and never edited them, there must be something to clean-fix up.

Which map? Was it "Twilight Flame"? I asking it coz I've already done clean-fix up and for me game runs mainly smooth. There is only one or two big lags in the middle of the game. I do not know what exactly causes them... so, I'll try that "clean-fix up" work one more time.
Also I notice that AI do strong lags only when its units can't reach what it says to them. (on the "Twilight Flame" units can't reach the waypoint called Backdoor, for example)

Edited by user Wednesday, June 3, 2009 11:42:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Stewox  
#24 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 9:53:39 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

r42 wrote:

Which map? Was it "Twilight Flame"? I asking it coz I've already done clean-fix up and for me game runs mainly smooth. There is only one or two big lags in the middle of the game. I do not know what exactly causes them... so, I'll try that "clean-fix up" work one more time.
Also I notice that AI do strong lags only when its units can't reach what it says to them. (on the "Twilight Flame" units can't reach the waypoint called Backdoor, for example)

Good news for medium , i think medium worked well , and indeed it was some small lag to notice , but seriously only 2 ones somewhere in the middle , but hey I tried that with an other map , oh well , the HARD i tried on was Mountain Fox(4) , the enemy was vanilla usa.

Oh , the actual mod , splendid , I lost 3 times in a row at firstTongue good job

Well one of the big thanks goes to fixing the lag , hopefully that's only an issue with my filled PC or the map I played on.

Edited by user Thursday, June 4, 2009 9:57:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Stewox  
#25 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 12:31:17 PM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

Yes now i tried on a different map and suprisingly it did super smooth , and that's nails it , it is seriously the thing what and how much stuff the AI does , if AI forces to do something that doesn't work it's a dead end.
UserPostedImage
Offline r42  
#26 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2009 5:41:15 AM(UTC)
r42
Private

I almost forgot to tell you that I am using patch 1.05 as base for inies. And, of course, script tuned for it. Should I use the 1.04 version to continue the work? :/ Let me know.

Also, I found the way to fix that uncrushable minigunners. Add this to minigunner's ini:
Code:
  Behavior = SquishCollide ModuleTag_09
    ;nothing
  End
It's will be included in the future release.

Edited by user Friday, June 12, 2009 6:02:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MicScoTho  
#27 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2009 7:34:03 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
r42 wrote:
I almost forgot to tell you that I am using patch 1.05 as base for inies. And, of course, script tuned for it. Should I use the 1.04 version to continue the work?
What patch 1.05? Do you have a link to it?
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline Annihilationzh  
#28 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2009 9:02:08 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
It's an unofficial patch, which is really a mod. It has the major bugs fixed and some balancing done. The most current is the 1.06, which is here:
http://www.gamereplays.o...dex.php?showtopic=380765
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline Stewox  
#29 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2009 4:19:42 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

I also switched to 1.06 now, seems reasonable, but I don't like the Antrax being moved to Black Market , which doesn't make sense. Antrax is an GLA tech not something you buy on black market.

Another fix I made my self and I didn't found it in the 1.06, is the STOP button in all Palaces, it helps if you force fire with those RPGs inside.

However, the script needs some more increasement, AI Doesn't build as much units but It uses them more effectively(they don't get stuck or sleep in base) But a bit of more numbers would be nice.

Edited by user Sunday, June 14, 2009 4:20:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline r42  
#30 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 9:14:43 AM(UTC)
r42
Private

Then I'll switch to 1.06 too. Redo fixes for bombtrucks, dragontanks and minigunners is nothing :)
Also, the STOP button can be added through the script. (on match initialization)

I'm working on the Helixes now. For some reason (KindOf TRANSPORT exists) AI's infantry do not want to be loaded into it... Maybe you can do something?

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:29:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Drummin  
#31 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 9:49:14 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
How does playing with the 1.06 mod work when playing online with others who use a different patch? Seems like there would be a mismatch because of the big changes made. Help me understand.
Offline MicScoTho  
#32 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 2:21:09 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Thanks for the clarification, Annihilationzh.
Drummin wrote:
How does playing with the 1.06 mod work when playing online with others who use a different patch? Seems like there would be a mismatch because of the big changes made. Help me understand.

You would need to play with others who have the unofficial 1.06 version installed. Otherwise yes, there would be a mismatch, assuming the game erroneously let you connect to the other player in the first place.

Edited by user Monday, June 15, 2009 2:21:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MicScoTho - Founder
Offline r42  
#33 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2009 1:47:32 AM(UTC)
r42
Private

http://www.mediafire.com/?rjmmzmjjxkm

Description: archieve that contains setup(AdvancedAIModv0.96(zh104).exe) for last official ZH patch and another archieve(AdvancedAIMod096b.7z) with sources for both last official(1.04) and unofficial(1.06) patches.

Small changelog:
- Vanilla GLA camouflage upgrade
- Added supply guard teams to Vanilla USA and Airforce for experimental purpose
- My&EA lame script improvements, tuning. The LAG reduced.
- Added more factories to AI's build list
- Little more base defs
- Fixed uncrushable (by vechicle) minigunners.
- Additional BlackMarket for Toxin
- Additional ScudStorm and 2 BlackMarkets for Stealth
- Changed team state from Agressive to Normal for all Black Lotus teams for all China factions (helps them to hack properly).

Plz, report bugs and stupid ai behavior.
Enjoy!
Offline Stewox  
#34 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 4:17:40 PM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

Oo some great updates there Cool I'll try this one alsoBig Smile

1.06 INI support :D

However , did you indicate in the verions setup exe of your updates, I don't see you change version , well , it wouldn't be so confusing for users, some indications to distinguish from lion version.

The AI mod for 1.04 is compatible with 1.06 afaik so no panic I guess, cool.

Anyways I am pleased with the updates, all those stuff AI didn't do or use I was thinking for years and you're just fixing em up in notime, great job, splendid.

Edited by user Friday, June 26, 2009 4:39:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Phe0n1x  
#35 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 5:24:49 PM(UTC)
Phe0n1x
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Sounds great, keep up the good work :)
UserPostedImage
Offline ratm  
#36 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2009 4:59:28 PM(UTC)
ratm
Private

r42 wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rjmmzmjjxkm

First of all, I'd like to thank you for this great job! It used to be a real waste as this excellent mod was forgotten.

I few files have been posted here and I don't know if I should use only the files from this last link or if I should use the others, too. I'd really appreciate this piece of information.

Thanks!!!
Offline zergswarms  
#37 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2009 8:09:12 PM(UTC)
zergswarms
Major
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff Member

One question - I enjoyed the original AI Mod immensely, but when I played with it there was massive lag. I've seen someone else point this out, so I don't think it's just me. Has this issue been addressed at all?
UserPostedImage
Offline Phe0n1x  
#38 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2009 8:49:36 AM(UTC)
Phe0n1x
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I believe that most of the lag was fixed, if I understand the posts in this thread correctly. The lag was caused by multiple checks on the generals powers per second thanks to EA's coding.
UserPostedImage
Offline ratm  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2009 5:50:58 PM(UTC)
ratm
Private

Can anyone give me some help? I'm not sure if I did it correctly:

I Upgraded my Zero Hour to 1.06 (in the options it says the version is 1.04 but the changes proposed by the 1.06 are working);
I installed the AdvancedAIModv0.96(zh104) which I downloaded from this linK: http://www.mediafire.com/?rjmmzmjjxkm ;
I renamed the INI106 to INI and copied it to C:\Arquivos de programas\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data ;
I copied the SkirmishScripts.scb to C:\Arquivos de programas\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data\Scripts ;

Did I do it the way I should?

Offline r42  
#40 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:09:57 PM(UTC)
r42
Private

RATM wrote:
Can anyone give me some help? I'm not sure if I did it correctly:

I Upgraded my Zero Hour to 1.06 (in the options it says the version is 1.04 but the changes proposed by the 1.06 are working);
I installed the AdvancedAIModv0.96(zh104) which I downloaded from this linK: http://www.mediafire.com/?rjmmzmjjxkm ;
I renamed the INI106 to INI and copied it to C:\Arquivos de programas\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data ;
I copied the SkirmishScripts.scb to C:\Arquivos de programas\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data\Scripts ;

Did I do it the way I should?

Yeah, this way it will works too. :)
But installing AdvancedAIModv0.96(zh104) was pointless.
жжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжууу
And some mod update. Get it there http://www.mediafire.com/?mz5mnzlm2ox

- Behavior changes. Mostly USA factions, less Tank and Nuke. Maybe others too...
- ParticleCannon draw it's 'S' sign a little wider.
- Clean/Fix/Improve up, as usual.
- Recommended to play, anyway.
issue: LaserGuidedMissiles bug still here. Appears rarely.
жжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжууу

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:16:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified