Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MicScoTho  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 2:38:08 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Aside from the invulnerability exploit, I'm looking to get a list of the bugs in 1.05.

This information may aid the development team in creating future patches.

A couple bugs I've encountered:
- With the classic C&C mouse setup, you cannot tell units to move onto bridges because the bridge section becomes selected.
- With the classic C&C mouse setup, you cannot use the minimap to tell units to move because left-click centers the map and right click now does nothing.

If you've seen a bug you want fixed, please, post it here.
MicScoTho - Founder
Sponsor
Offline incia  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2007 4:22:38 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief

Took a picture of alot of weird stuff I encountered, but I think it would be too much to post up lots of pictures here so I just write a small sentence about each.

1. Blocking Barracks with tanks = One Nod enemy Scorpion Tank could block my Hand of Nod, all newly trained Rocket Militants were instantly killed.

2. Free For All in Skirmish... if you for example manage to capture the tech buildings before your allie, his Engineers will stay "idle" next to your tech buildings for the rest of the game. Same with Enemy AI, the slower AI has his Engineers idle for the rest of the game.

3. Still issues with Harvester Dumping animations, GDI Harvester dumped the load next to the Refinery.
Image Insert:
UserPostedImage

4. Devastator Warship is idle when ordered to shoot buildings. Occurres some other air units as well.

5. I used the Scrin Stasis Shield on enemy flying Orcas, the Orcas stopped but the dust under them was still blowing and active.

6. You can start an Skirmish game without any opponents and play it just fine... seems weird.

7. One time happened. Enemy AI Nod Shadow Teams succesfully "landed" on top of my Allies Extractor. They were inside the building, unable to move. They could still use their C-4 Explosives.

8. 3500 Vapor Bomb... why?... why didn't this get atleast a 'slighty' price decrease?
Offline Jaytius  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2007 2:51:04 PM(UTC)
Jaytius
Commander in Chief
All Stars Staff: All Stars Staff

Quote:
2. Free For All in Skirmish... if you for example manage to capture the tech buildings before your allie, his Engineers will stay "idle" next to your tech buildings for the rest of the game. Same with Enemy AI, the slower AI has his Engineers idle for the rest of the game.

How's that a bug? That's what I'd expect them to do.

Quote:
6. You can start an Skirmish game without any opponents and play it just fine... seems weird.

I like that cos it makes it easier for me to test my maps, as I don't have to setup player positions or teams, I can just jump straight into the game and test it. It also opens the possibility of making 1+ player missions without having to have pre-defined enemies.

The only thing that bothers me with the game is the pixelated shadows, why have they still not been fixed! It's been a problem ever since the original LOTR:BFME!

Edited by user Tuesday, July 10, 2007 2:52:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline incia  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:07:24 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief

"How's that a bug? That's what I'd expect them to do."

It just seems to be really bad to have 4 Engineers lying around 4 Tech Turrets, they usually get killed anyways by enemy fire by just standing there, being idle.

The AI could alter them by giving them a new order if the target gets captured by your Allie, because they can't capture an Allied structure back; which results them sitting and playing with the sand next to the buildings for the rest of the game.
Offline CG Apollos  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2007 5:35:11 PM(UTC)
CG Apollos
Commander in Chief

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Jaymioz wrote:

The only thing that bothers me with the game is the pixelated shadows, why have they still not been fixed! It's been a problem ever since the original LOTR:BFME!
Yeah, I have that same problem unfortunately, so I turn shadows to low. My GPU is the Radeon X800XT.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 11, 2007 5:38:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline incia  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2007 8:28:11 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief

Aren't the latest patch now Patch 1.06?

Just downlaoded it.