Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Spartan Jedi  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 1:05:20 PM(UTC)
Spartan Jedi
Captain

I was looking on the C&C3 site at the minimum requirements to see if the game would work on my computer, and noticed two sets of requirements, one for XP and one for Vista. Under Vista, it says you should have an NVIDIA GeForce 6100+ / ATI Radeon 9500+ video card. I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition, and have the NVIDIA GeForce 6100, which is the Vista requirement. Now to my point - Will it work?
Sponsor
Offline CommieDog  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 4:22:54 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Considering that Vista is a massive hog of system resources, I would imagine that hardware recommended for the Vista version should work more than adequately for XP.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline Spartan Jedi  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 4:49:51 PM(UTC)
Spartan Jedi
Captain

Thanks for the help. Earlier I went to update the driver, and found out that it's part of the GeForce 6 series, while the min requirement for XP is GeForce 4+. It's amazing what happens by clicking a couple small things. I gotta learn that sometime before my front audio ports 'fail completely' because of a box being unchecked again.