Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MicScoTho  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2007 12:53:12 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I do not know for a fact that selling refineries was designed this way, but I do know for a fact that the designers were/are aware that the tactic exists.

Have people been complaining about it on the official forums?
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline incia  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2007 1:24:23 PM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief

MicScoTho wrote:

I do not know for a fact that selling refineries was designed this way, but I do know for a fact that the designers were/are aware that the tactic exists.

Have people been complaining about it on the official forums?

I made a topic about it, got probably 50 % positive and bad comments. So wasn't really majority who disliked it...
Mostly they said "It have always been this way, it's the C&C way, lol omg haxor, you're just a n00b!"
Offline CommieDog  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2007 11:09:21 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Incia wrote:
Krit wrote:
Incia wrote:
On Generals by the way (if I remember correctly) the Supply Centers never came with a Free Chinook or Supply Truck, which in this case was great.

I did came with a free Chinook/Supply Truck/Worker...

Damn, well then in that case the same issue was in Generals.

No, the refund prices of the buildings in Generals were calculated correctly. I guess that's another reason why Generals isn't a C&C Game. omg lol haxor stfu n00b!!!111!!111
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline incia  
#24 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2007 5:37:22 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief

CommieDog wrote:

Incia wrote:
Krit wrote:
Incia wrote:
On Generals by the way (if I remember correctly) the Supply Centers never came with a Free Chinook or Supply Truck, which in this case was great.

I did came with a free Chinook/Supply Truck/Worker...

Damn, well then in that case the same issue was in Generals.

No, the refund prices of the buildings in Generals were calculated correctly. I guess that's another reason why Generals isn't a C&C Game. omg lol haxor stfu n00b!!!111!!111

How much was the refund in Generals?
Never really paid attention to it.
Offline fleetatks  
#25 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2007 6:37:02 PM(UTC)
fleetatks
Colonel

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Incia wrote:

For USA it was 400 (.5*[2000-1200])
Email me if you ever need help (edited signature November 6th, 2014)
Offline incia  
#26 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2007 3:50:08 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief

Fleetatks wrote:

Incia wrote:

For USA it was 400 (.5*[2000-1200])

I like that, and that's exactly what should be in TW also.
Offline CommieDog  
#27 Posted : Saturday, May 5, 2007 2:01:38 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
I'm usually not one to necropost, but I heard rumors that this might be corrected in the next patch despite rampant complaining from the rushers. Can anyone confirm or disprove it?
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline MicScoTho  
#28 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2007 10:07:36 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

I didn't hear any mention of it in the podcasts or anything, but that certainly doesn't disprove it.
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline incia  
#29 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2007 8:04:50 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief

Yeah, seems like this will be fixed in the new patch. Yay!
Offline MicScoTho  
#30 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2007 4:16:40 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

I thought this might be of interest.

From a producer, posted in the official forums:
Quote:
Regarding the change to the resale price of Refineries (down to 300 credits from 1,000), this was made to address economy-booming tactics that didn't fit with the intended pace of the game and allowed more-experienced players to very quickly gain an economical advantage over players who weren't aware of this. (To clarify this point, we want C&C3 to be a fun, fast-paced game, but we don't want too many matches to be decided in less than five minutes, before players even get to use some of the cooler toys in their arsenals.) Currently, players are arguably rewarded for selling off multiple Refineries, because you essentially make back all of the money you spend and then some...you get 1,000 credits plus a 1,000-credit Harvester plus a Rifleman Squad for selling a 2,000-credit Refinery. If nothing else, this doesn't make intuitive sense. You'd expect to lose some money on the resale of something.

After the patch, Harvesters will cost 1,400 credits (up from 1,000) but Refineries will still be 2,000 and come with a Harvester. That means the Refinery structure itself costs the difference, or 600 credits, and you get half of that for selling the structure--other structures also sell for 50% of the total value when they're at full health. That's how we arrived at the new 300-credit refund price. (For those keeping score, Harvesters cost 1,400 credits in the original C&C, so personally I thought this was a nice little throwback.)

The other thing about this change is, by making Harvesters closer in cost to Refineries, we encourage the player to build more Refineries rather than just building lots of Harvesters to a single Refinery. You take in credits a lot more efficiently when you have multiple Refineries going, so the change should help encourage players to go this route.

I know some players will prefer things the way they are, though we felt these changes would help make the gameplay better overall. I hope this explanation seems reasonable.
MicScoTho - Founder