Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DayTimer  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2023 11:55:03 AM(UTC)
DayTimer
Private

I am having issues since I was forced on to the EA APP. everything was fine on Origin but since moving to the EA APP Generals fails to launch at all.

It will install no problem but when I click play it says "Hold up, this game needs permissions. This game requires administrative privileges. Do you want to grant access and launch game?"

When I click OK the EA APP minimises and then after about 5 seconds re-appears. I never get access to the Generals launcher, where you choose between Generals and Generals Zero Hour. No generals file appears in the Task Manager so it looks like its not even getting to that stage.

The Generals launcher, where you choose which version, is set to Admin rights mode as are both games but nothing loads, even when I launch from the Generals .exe files, when I do that it launches EA APP and I am back in the loop. Also launching the EA App with admin rights.

Any ideas? I haven't been able to play Generals since early march and the only change is Origin to EA APP.

I have been round in circles with EA support, which is probably a bot as it askes the same questions each time and tells me not to worry.
Sponsor