Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BabiGZus  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 4:54:09 PM(UTC)
BabiGZus
Private

I understand that a semicolon is where a game stops reading in a line but what if there are two in one line? For example, this is from the Scorpion Tank locomotor ini

Quote:
TurnRate = 180 ;90 ; in degrees/sec
TurnRateDamaged = 180 ;60 ; in degrees/sec

I guess my specific question is more so what do the 90 and 60 numbers mean here? but i see this format else where and it would help clear up some confusion. Hope this makes sense
Sponsor
Offline Unknown Editor  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:34:35 PM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 59 post(s)
You see, About this one over here, The First ";" is for the Game to stop executing, which means the second one has nothing to do with game nor the numbers before it. It's just for OUR BRAIN to be executed as a message: That those numbers were there at First but have been changed due to some issues (Too Slow I guess) and still remaining there as a Backup. Once it's required to roll them back, Those are the last correct amounts, so no need to find a slower correct amount again with lots of tries and tests.
Many people working on INI files do this for a better arrangement to back their work up and roll it back once necessary.
The second ";" is just a reminder NOT_TO_ENTER_THIS_PART , I mean you may replace 180 with the 90 over there but may not also include "in degrees/sec" as this is for us to read not for Game engine and it WILL not may crash once that part is executed.
Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
thanks 1 user thanked Unknown Editor for this useful post.
BabiGZus on 1/18/2019(UTC)