Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline WazzaP  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2023 5:09:26 PM(UTC)
WazzaP
Private

Hello!

I have been creating custom maps on the Generals Zero Hour worldbuilder for about a month now.
A lot of the maps that I created, both skirmish and missions, have lag spikes that always begin at the same time no matter the map.
I've tried removing rivers and other water objects, objects (Buildings, Trees etc.), scripts and even solved AI trying to move its units to an invalid location. So far nothing helped.

My PC runs this game at max settings and Resolution 1280x1024. Although I don't think that matters because the maps that come with the game, including missions and challenge maps, never lag AT ALL.

I have 8GB of RAM DDR3, I've heard that a problem that creates lag is RAM.

If someone knows something about this please help, I really wanna create a mission map and publish it here.
Sponsor
Offline WazzaP  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2023 5:51:24 PM(UTC)
WazzaP
Private

Upon further examining it mostly happens when the AI creates units using a script for teams. As soon as the units get created my game starts lagging a lot.
Anybody familiar with this type of glitch or not?
Offline UTD^Force  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2023 12:50:13 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Can you upload one of the maps so we can experience the problem first hand? It becomes easier to figure out what the problem is.
Plus, skirmish maps lag whenever there are multiple AI players building tanks and gathering them in their bases like crazy.
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2023 11:54:14 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WazzaP Go to Quoted Post
Upon further examining it mostly happens when the AI creates units using a script for teams. As soon as the units get created my game starts lagging a lot.
Anybody familiar with this type of glitch or not?

This usually happens due to poor AI pathing, I am not sure about creation however. Mainly lag happens with creation when the AI just lets all their units sit at their base. Another cause may be because there's too many objects on the map that the engine has to render; so consider reducing map size and object count if your map has a lot of these.

As for pathing, ensure that there isn't any immovable terrain that largely obstructs their waypoint movement towards enemy bases and zones such as: rivers, hills, close quarters or obscure map design. Poorly implemented bridges can cause this problem too.
Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator