Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline klingondragon  
#41 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 6:06:44 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
I do have a couple of questions.

I was talking to a Muslim friend from work a few months ago, and they told me that one shouldn't damage their body with tattoos or piercings or anything else (except haircuts), however I read online that muslims practice circumcision. Is that not a bit of a contradiction?

Also, from what I've read, spouses are obliged to engage in sexual relations whenever the other wishes so long as it is not harmful. But what if they're just not in the mood? From what I've been reading that would mean they become cursed by angels. Isn't that a bit of an over reaction?
Offline UTD^Force  
#42 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 6:46:26 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KlingonDragon Go to Quoted Post
I do have a couple of questions.

I was talking to a Muslim friend from work a few months ago, and they told me that one shouldn't damage their body with tattoos or piercings or anything else (except haircuts), however I read online that muslims practice circumcision. Is that not a bit of a contradiction?

Circumcision is compulsory for men and optional for women.
As for this question, there are health benefits for circumcision. Here are some from webmd:
https://www.webmd.com/se...ons/guide/circumcision#2
As for the risks, the answer is in your question.
Quote:
one shouldn't damage their body

If someone was told that there is a risk if he does circumcision by a trusted doctor, then circumcision isn't compulsory for him. [Forgive my weak English in the passive sentence :3]

Regarding the second question, can you provide the reference from the Qur'an or hadith? (I have not memorized the whole Qur'an) If you can this will help me get the answer for your question from the Tafsir of the Qur'an or the hadith. If you can't I'll look it up myself.

I appreciate that you are reading about Islam.
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs
Offline klingondragon  
#43 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 6:54:50 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Almost all 'benefits' of circumcision are unproven and conjectural. Plus some of the reduced risks of infection are offset by increased risks of other infections or surgical complications. The only real benefit is that the penis becomes easier to clean, and even that is a bit of an exaggeration … an uncircumcised penis is very easy to clean in a normal bath or shower.

As for the second question:
Quote:
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet said: "If a man calls his wife to his bed, and she refuses to come, the angels curse her until morning comes."
— al-Bukhari, 3065; Muslim, 1436.
Offline UTD^Force  
#44 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 12:13:26 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Regarding circumcision, I'll try to look into it more and give you more information later.

As for the second question, the husband and the wife both have duties and rights in Islam. One of the wife's duties is to obey her husband as long as he isn't asking her to do something haram (harmful too). If a wife refuses to respond to her husband’s request for intercourse, she has done something haraam and has committed a major sin, unless she has a valid shar’i excuse such as menses, obligatory fasting, sickness, etc.

Also, the Qur’aan enjoins good treatment of one's wife: she is to be honoured and treated kindly, even when one no longer feels love in one's heart towards her. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and live with them honourably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allaah brings through it a great deal of good” [al-Nisa’ 4:19]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) spoke beautiful word concerning kind treatment of one’s wife, stating that when the husband feeds his wife and puts a morsel of food in her mouth, he earns the reward of doing an act of charity. He said, “You never spend anything but you will be rewarded for it, even the morsel of food that you lift to your wife’s mouth.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6352; Muslim, 1628.

More hadeeths about treating the wife:

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

“The most complete of the believers in faith, is the one with the best character. And the best of you are those who are best to their women.”(At-Tirmidhi and authenticated by Al-Albani)

Ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

“The best of you are those who are the best to their wives, and I am the best of you to my wives.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3895; Ibn Maajah, 1977; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said :

“A believer must not hate a believing woman (i.e., his wife); if he dislikes one of her traits he will be pleased with another.” (Muslim)

`Abdullah ibn `Amr ibn Al-`As (May Allah be pleased with them) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

“The world is but a (quick passing) enjoyment; and the best enjoyment of the world is (to have) a pious wife.” (Muslim)

“Fear Allaah with regard to women, for you have taken them as a trust from Allaah and intimacy with them has become permissible to you by the words of Allaah. Your right over them is that they should not allow anyone to sit on your furniture whom you dislike; if they do that then hit them but not in a harsh manner. And their right over you is that you should provide for them and clothe them on a reasonable basis.” Narrated by Muslim, 1218.

What is meant by “they should not allow anyone to sit on your furniture whom you dislike” is that they should not allow anyone whom you dislike to enter your houses, whether the person disliked is a man or a woman, or any of the woman’s mahrams [close relatives to whom marriage is forbidden]. The prohibition includes all of them. From the words of al-Nawawi.

The hadeeth may be understood as meaning that a man has the right to hit his wife, in a manner that is not harsh and does not cause injury if if there is a reason for that, such as her going against his wishes or disobeying him.

This is like the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“As to those women on whose part you see ill‑conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allaah is Ever Most High, Most Great”

[al-Nisa’ 4:34]

If a woman rebels against her husband and disobeys his commands, then he should follow this method of admonishing her, forsaking her in bed and hitting her. Hitting is subject to the condition that it should not be harsh or cause injury. Al-Hasan al-Basri said: this means that it should not cause pain.

‘Ata’ said: I said to Ibn ‘Abbaas, what is the kind of hitting that is not harsh? He said, Hitting with a siwaak and the like. [A siwaak is a small stick or twig used for cleaning the teeth - Translator]

The purpose behind this is not to hurt or humiliate the woman, rather it is intended to make her realize that she has transgressed against her husband’s rights, and that her husband has the right to set her straight and discipline her.

Furthermore, these are some of the right of the husband and wife:

If you have free time, it will probably benefit you to read the full post.
And Allah knows best.
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline ItsPronouncedEze-ell  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:27:50 AM(UTC)
ItsPronouncedEze-ell
Private

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
yeah, how come women aren't even allowed to drive in islamic countries that follow the holy Qur’aan to the word? How come women are raped by muslims for not wearing the hijab? How come women in islamic zealot countries are treated like dogs? Are you an islamic reformer (wanting islam to be more just in the way it treats people such as unbelievers, women, ect.)? How much of the Qur’aan do you follow litterally, and how much of it do you follow metaphorically? Also, I know some islamic countries treat women almost as equally as men, even allowing women to become high ranking religious leaders or government officials, how many of those countries are out there, and can you name them all?
Offline UTD^Force  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:11:24 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Originally Posted by: ItsPronouncedEze-ell Go to Quoted Post
yeah, how come women aren't even allowed to drive in islamic countries that follow the holy Qur’aan to the word? How come women are raped by muslims for not wearing the hijab? How come women in islamic zealot countries are treated like dogs? Are you an islamic reformer (wanting islam to be more just in the way it treats people such as unbelievers, women, ect.)? How much of the Qur’aan do you follow litterally, and how much of it do you follow metaphorically? Also, I know some islamic countries treat women almost as equally as men, even allowing women to become high ranking religious leaders or government officials, how many of those countries are out there, and can you name them all?

Probably the Fox news/ answeringislam information and not gathered from research?
To get the idea about Islam, take your time and read the Qur'an yourself from quran.com, everything is translated and clear in English, if you want to know more you can read the authentic hadith. Don't judge something according to someone else's opinion, you are an intelligent creature who has a brain of your own.

Q#1: That is not in the teachings of Islam and Qur'an, it was one country and now women are allowed to drive there.
But, Qur'an doesn't make it forbidden for women to drive, so that's not Islam's fault, that is the people's fault because they aren't following Islam as it is. I'm sorry you thought that was Islam.

Q#2: Women wear hijab to protect them (they cover themselves). If a woman does not want to wear hijab, then it is her choice. Islam says that she has to wear it and she will sin if she doesn't. But, if she doesn't want to wear it, no one can force her to.
Quote:
There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

The Holy Qur'an 2:256
https://quran.com/2/256-266

Rape is forbidden in Islam, as well as many other bad things (drinking wine and beer, eating pork etc).

Q#3: That is totally wrong. Women have rights and they live in dignity, if you don't believe me you can go to a Muslim country and see for yourself. I've mentioned some of the rights and duties of the wife and husband in the previous reply if you are interested to know some (they are kind of relevant).

Q#4: This is the first time I see this term "Islamic reformer", women are treated much better than you think, I don't know if when you say this about how we treat women that you remember we have mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers etc.. As for the treatment of the nonbelievers, we as Muslims should deliver the true message of Islam to you as much as we can, and you have the choice to accept it or not (mentioned in the verse above). We are obligated to treat people justly, no matter what their religion, race or language is.

Quote:
And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah, lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. Thus We have made pleasing to every community their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about what they used to do.

The Holy Qur'an 6:108
https://quran.com/6/108-118

Q#5: I follow the whole Qur'an, but I'm sorry to tell you that the Qur'an is not always translated correctly, and even in Arabic we have the Tafsir, which is the explanation of the Qur'an by prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), found in the Hadith or Sunna, or by Muslim scholars and scientists

Q#6: Well, there is a website called google.com, if I remember correctly, you can google the country you want to search about and check if it has women as government officials. You might be surprised, so hold your breath, as far as I know most Arab and Islamic countries have women as government officials and high ranks etc. although I'm not sure about Saudi Arabia.

By the way, if you are a Christian, and eat pork, check the Bible because eating pork is forbidden in Christianity too.
Book of Isaiah 65:2-5
https://www.bible.com/bible/1/ISA.65.KJV
Leviticus 11:7 (KJV)
Quote:
And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

Deuteronomy 14:8 (KJV)
Quote:
And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

This is not to offend anyone as it is not intended for that, but here, I have done my research and I have tried to find mistakes in the Qur'an but now I'm sure and I believe 100% in what is in it. So do your research about your religion and about other religions, not just Islam, and the truth shall free you. Give me the verses you don't understand, ask me the questions that pop up in your head, I'm not a scholar in Islam but I am an average Muslim and I will try my best to answer your questions according to the Islam, and if you do not trust me you have the Qur'an on the internet and you can read it anytime, you can even visit a local mosque, if you live in an area which has one, and ask the Imam your questions, of course you have to respect that it is a place of prayer, be quiet and be polite and if they are praying wait for them to finish and do not interrupt them and hopefully they will help you.

Thank you for asking and have a wonderful day!

EDIT: Coming to this years later, no I'm not an Islamist reformer, Islam cannot and will not be reformed no matter how much disbelievers and weak believers try to reform it. Why do I say this with confidence?
Allah says in the holy Quran:
Quote:
Forbidden to you are carrion, blood, and swine; what is slaughtered in the name of any other than Allah; what is killed by strangling, beating, a fall, or by being gored to death; what is partly eaten by a predator unless you slaughter it; and what is sacrificed on altars. You are also forbidden to draw lots for decisions. This is all evil. Today the disbelievers have given up all hope of ˹undermining˺ your faith. So do not fear them; fear Me! Today I have perfected your faith for you, completed My favour upon you, and chosen Islam as your way. But whoever is compelled by extreme hunger—not intending to sin—then surely Allah is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

[url=The holy Quran, Surah Al-Ma'idah 5:3]The holy Quran, Surah Al-Ma'idah 5:3[/url]

Edited by user Thursday, April 21, 2022 9:36:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline klingondragon  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 4:37:27 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

I don't like how you call eating pork a "bad thing".
There's nothing better than a bacon sandwich.
thanks 1 user thanked klingondragon for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 10/11/2018(UTC)
Offline Unknown Editor  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:45:23 PM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Well , Here are some things I believe in :
Quote:
If pork is not handled safely or cooked correctly, it can pose serious health risks.
Pork poses certain health risks from bacteria and resistant bacteria that cause infection and viruses.
Undercooked pork can contain the Trichinella spiralis parasite, also known as "pork worm."
Saturated fats cause your LDL cholesterol levels, the "bad" cholesterol, to rise, increasing your risk for heart disease.
Another disadvantage of pork is that it increases your risk of bladder cancer if you eat well-done or burnt pork often

You may also find the full thing in :
https://www.livestrong.com/artic...ork-that-pass-to-humans/

And by the way , Allah has given us not only enough but too many extra things to live with .
I believe we can live without the 0.001% crossed out ones

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:54:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
thanks 1 user thanked Unknown Editor for this useful post.
Offline UTD^Force  
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 1:21:40 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Originally Posted by: KlingonDragon Go to Quoted Post
I don't like how you call eating pork a "bad thing".
There's nothing better than a bacon sandwich.

I intended to say that it is bad in my religion and it is also bad regarding health, I believe it is bad for your health according to what I read about it, you might agree or disagree.
And there is also Taenia solium that is carried in infected pigs. I'm not sure if it is the same as the pork worm mentioned.
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline klingondragon  
#50 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 2:58:26 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

I think, at least in modern times in the more developed world, pig and pig products are produced and treated such that infections and the like are far less likely. I'm pretty sure eating pork is as safe as eating any other meat. If you don't prepare any meat properly it becomes bad for your health. Pig os no different.
Back when the Quran was written, it probably wasn't safe, but times have changed.
Feel free to continue avoiding it, I just think that the pork thing and a couple of other things in the Quran (and in all religions) are a little out of date.
Offline Annihilationzh  
#51 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:05:45 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Originally Posted by: UTD^Force Go to Quoted Post
You can also use another nice website called youtube.com and type in the search box, 'your question' dr zakir naik, and it will probably be there.

This passive-aggression really tickled me. You did so much better than I would in this situation. I probably would have snapped under such a toxic response.

Originally Posted by: Unknown Editor Go to Quoted Post

How is this relevant? You can get most of those diseases from chicken alone, and you can get all of them from various halal foods. This kind of cherry picking makes me respect Islam less. Does Islam seriously have to resort to deception just to prove itself? Does it not have the integrity to stand by itself?

Originally Posted by: UTD^Force Go to Quoted Post
I intended to say that it is bad in my religion and it is also bad regarding health, I believe it is bad for your health according to what I read about it, you might agree or disagree.
And there is also Taenia solium that is carried in infected pigs. I'm not sure if it is the same as the pork worm mentioned.

Except you can get Taeniasis from beef too. So by your own reasoning, beef is bad too.

When you surround yourself with articles trashing pork, you'll obviously believe that pork is bad. That's how propaganda brain washing works.

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:08:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
thanks 1 user thanked Annihilationzh for this useful post.
Offline UTD^Force  
#52 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:39:03 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Originally Posted by: Annihilationzh Go to Quoted Post
This kind of cherry picking makes me respect Islam less. Does Islam seriously have to resort to deception just to prove itself? Does it not have the integrity to stand by itself?

It was not Islam that cherry picked the information that says pork has the worm. And unknown editor didn't say the worm was just in pork, and I mentioned the worm that is found in infected pork, Taenia solium, the one in infected beef is called Taenia saginata. The problem of eating pork is elaborated upon two replies below.

This passive-aggression really tickled me. You did so much better than I would in this situation. I probably would have snapped under such a toxic response.

Well, thank you. :3 I'm trying to change as in the past this would have caused me to write a toxic reply, but I am kind of used to these same questions now, just like you said:

When you surround yourself with articles trashing pork, you'll obviously believe that pork is bad. That's how propaganda brain washing works.

It still gets me annoyed to see people being taught what they should think and then just bashing other people's religions. But, they might have been only seeing it from one side so I try to be nice and show them the other side, still, it is his choice to search for answers or just throw words at people.

But about pork, I didn't actually do that, I tried to look for the good and bad and for me the bad things in pork (also has more fat and such) were more than its benefits, but that's me. Don't worry, I'm not brain washed.
EDIT: I searched about it in non-muslim websites to have a better view.

Edited by user Thursday, April 21, 2022 9:38:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline UTD^Force  
#53 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 5:12:41 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Hey there! It has been a while, again :)
This is a bit late, but better late than never I guess.
I've come to learn more and more with time and I checked my previous answers, well I wasn't a scholar or a scientist not that I'm one now, but merely someone who wanted to provide clarification to his best ability and knowledge.

Coming back to questions asked before.

Question #1: Sunna and Shi'a

Allah says in the Qur'an in Surah Ali 'imran verse #103 3:103
Quote:
And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided.

The answer I give now is that we as Muslims should not divide, the term sunnah refers to what the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did, say and approve of, so when someone calls themselves sunni they mean that they follow the teachings of the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
But there are groups among the Muslims that call themselves other names, for me I call myself a Muslim, and a Muslim should follow the teachings of prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), so if you want to put it in the term, I'm a Sunni Muslim.
I'm not the judge who will judge people in the day of judgement, that will be Allah, and if someone calls themselves a Muslim, that's enough for me.

As Muslims we need to believe that there is no god except Allah and his last messenger is Muhammad (peace be upon him). We must pray the five compulsory prayers every day. We must give Zakaat, which is a compulsory donation of 2.5% of yearly savings to the poor. We fast during the month of Ramadan. And, if we get a chance to do it, we need to do Haj (pilgrimage to Mecca).

We also must believe in Allah, his angels, his books, his messengers, the day of judgement and the divine decree, whether good or bad.
Note: we believe that Allah sent books before the Qur'an but we do not believe that they remained in their original from, as things have been added and subtracted from them, which the scholars of their religions approve.

Question #2: Vinegar in Islam
I'm not well-educated about this matter, but I refer you to this answer in the website Islam, questions and answers. Feel free to ask them about questions you have, too.

https://islamqa.info/en/...n-vinegar-made-from-wine

Question #3: Pork in Islam
For me, I totally believe in the Qur'an and believe that it is from our creator, so when he orders me to not do something I won't do it, and when he orders me to do something I will do it.
For pork, Allah ordered us not to eat it, I don't need to find a reason not to eat pork. Even though I've researched more about it when asked, and I am still convinced about what I found.

Quote:
He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced [by necessity], neither desiring [it] nor transgressing [its limit], there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

For why I totally believe in the Qur'an, I have read and seen a lot that prove to me it is true.
I will soon share some verses here, if Allah wills.

In the end, I do not have a great knowledge nor that I do not sin, I merely try to explain to the best of my ability.

If you want to learn about someone who represented Islam, read about prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), as when asked to describe how he (peace be upon him) was, his wife Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) said his character was like the Qur'an. Which means he (peace be upon him) committed to what he preached. [Sahih Muslim:746 (page number or hadith number)]

If anyone has any questions, I'll try my best to answer. Feel free to ask.

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline UTD^Force  
#54 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 11:50:18 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

I'm sorry because I'm late to reply here but I just wanted to post some things about the Quran.
I'll keep this short, I'll mention a few of the scientific miracles in the quran.

This verse says that everything alive was made from water. "Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?" https://quran.com/21/30-40

Plants are in pairs; male and female. "Exalted is He who created all pairs - from what the earth grows and from themselves and from that which they do not know." https://quran.com/25/61-71

Planets in orbit. "And it is He who created the night and the day and the sun and the moon; all [heavenly bodies] in an orbit are swimming." https://quran.com/36/36-46

Mountains as stakes (there’s more to them than what’s on the surface). “And the mountains as stakes?” https://quran.com/78/7-17

The moon’s light is a reflected light. (Every time the sun’s light is mentioned in the quran it is described as a lamp, “And made [therein] a burning lamp” https://quran.com/78/13-23 and the moon is described as having borrowed/reflected light, that is clearer in Arabic that in English) “Blessed is He who has placed in the sky great stars and placed therein a [burning] lamp and luminous moon.” https://quran.com/25/61-71

Animals live in communities. “And there is no creature on [or within] the earth or bird that flies with its wings except [that they are] communities like you. We have not neglected in the Register a thing. Then unto their Lord they will be gathered.” https://quran.com/6/38-48

Female spiders are the ones to make the webs and use them as homes, more often than male spiders do (as male spiders often are not territorial and keep moving looking for mates). Unfortunately the translation doesn’t mention the gender, so I won’t add this to the probability below, but I’ll just add it here for whoever wants to search about it in Arabic. “The example of those who take allies other than Allah is like that of the spider who takes a home. And indeed, the weakest of homes is the home of the spider, if they only knew.” https://quran.com/29/41-51

Speaking about reconstructing the fingertips, but why is it mentioned as though it is a hard task (not for Allah of course)? It's because each person has his/her own unique fingerprint. “Does man think that We will not assemble his bones?” “Yes. [We are] Able [even] to proportion his fingertips.” https://quran.com/75/3-4

Finally, what Professor Keith L. Moore said about embryology in the quran

Let’s look into the probability of just these being mentioned in the quran and actually turning up to be right.

1- What are things that living creatures could be made from (as to what the people of that time would imagine)? Wood, rocks, iron, water, air, copper, silver, gold etc.. Let’s say there are 10 things even though there are much much more, so the chance of just this being right (choosing water) is 1/10.

2- Next, to the people of that time, plants could be sexless, male, female or in pairs. So the chance to choose the correct one (pairs of male and female) is 1/4. Now the chance of both facts being correct together is 1/40.

3- Let’s say they would think that planets are either stationary or in orbit. 1/2. We are now at 1/80

4- Mountains could be what’s just on the surface or they could be like stakes deep into the ground, the chance of being right here is 1/2. We are at 1/160

5- The moon's light could be reflected or it could be its own light (in the eyes of the people 1400 years ago). The chance of choosing correctly is ½ The chance now is 1/320

6- Animals could be living in communities or not 1/2. With just six facts, the chance of all of them being chosen correctly is 1/640 which is 0.15625% to put it in perspective.

Moving on, some of these things might have been mentioned by ancient philosophers or so, just use the probability again and calculate how many wrong things they said and what the chance of picking the one or two correct things they said and it being true, that theory will crumble very fast.

I’m still here to try my best to answer your questions, I do not claim to be a scholar or someone with great knowledge about science or Islam, but I will try my best to answer your questions!

These are just a few, you'll find more if you want to search.

Edited by user Thursday, November 30, 2023 10:26:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline UTDoutside  
#55 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2021 8:09:16 PM(UTC)
UTDoutside
Private

This is UTDForce, but I have been locked out of my account and can't login for some reason. I contacted the admins but they aren't active right now so until they help me recover my account I will post from this acc. I unfortunately cannot delete spam posts and couldn't for a couple of months now and as I see the bots have kinda taken over so until that account is back we're gonna have to wait for someone else to remove the spam posts.

With that out of the way I have some corrections to my last reply and I'm going to use an atheist's reply to my post and how I replied to him/her in this post:

Quote:
Ask yourself this question. If the moon was a source of light and not reflected, would this verse still be true? Could this verse also support a moon that emits light?

If male spiders made webs more than females, I would bet you would be able to claim the opposite because the verse is vague and doesn't much any specifics.

Concerning yourself with what if instead of what is.

Firstly, the verse used تاء التأنيث الساكنة which is used for the past feminine verb which can't be used with the past masculine verb.
" مَثَلُ الَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُوا مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ أَوْلِيَاءَ كَمَثَلِ الْعَنكَبُوتِ اتَّخَذَتْ بَيْتًا ۖ وَإِنَّ أَوْهَنَ الْبُيُوتِ لَبَيْتُ الْعَنكَبُوتِ ۖ لَوْ كَانُوا يَعْلَمُونَ (41) "
Quran Surah 29:41 سورة العنكبوت

Secondly our moon has reflected light. And the word نور used for the light of the moon means a light gained from another source.

والنور لما بالعَرَض والاكتساب من جسم آخر كنور القمر. المعجم الوسيط صفحة 546 منتصف الصفحة، الضوء.

Quote:
To state that heavenly bodies orbit, is a common observation made by anyone looking at the stars, which people do when there isn't much else to look at.

Nope, it isn't a common observation, from earth you can't see that the other planets are in their own orbits.

Even though you didn't specify a source on when greek books were in the middle east you still can't deny that the greek wrote and believed in a lot of wrong things, which leaves us at the probability of choosing the correct statements from them and leaving the wrong ones.

Quote:
I impore you to realize that the Quran does not contain scientific miracles, only vague verses which can be intepretted to fit many hypothesis and theories.

As I said I believe in the Quran completely and the scientific miracles aren't the only reason I do. I believe the more we advance in knowledge the more we understand the Quran. And your answers did not disprove that the quran has scientific miracles.

The verses aren't vague but we understand more of them the more we study the Quran and advance in knowledge.

Quote:
And can completely contradict modern science like the creation of humans.

Long reply incoming.

I'm a pharmacist and I enjoy learning about biology and such so I'll give you some papers to read and see if you still think the evolution of humans is a clear ladder or not, or how each fossil they find supports the ladder they already made before finding the fossil or not.

"Moroccan fossil find rearranges Homo sapiens family tree"

https://phys.org/news/20...ranges-homo-sapiens.html

They stretched the appearance of homo sapiens to 300,000 years ago.

"They have discovered human fossils and simple stone tools dating back more than 780 000 years."

https://www.newscientist...ropeans-remain-in-spain/

Have humans appeared before the 'ancestors'? But wait until you read the next ones.

" we must rethink human evolution to fit that face, says Arsuaga. The Gran Dolina face is 800,000 years old and yet distinctively ours. It is almost that of a modern human."

https://www.discovermaga...ce-of-an-ancestral-child

Then they called the fossil the Homo antecessor trying to make it look like it's not human. Nature then published that his/her face is like our face.

"the modern-like face of H. antecessor—that is, similar to that of modern humans"

https://www.nature.com/a...020-2153-8?proof=trueMay

"The evolutionary history of humans is complex and unresolved. It now looks set to be thrown into further confusion by the discovery of another species and genus, dated to 3.5 million years ago."

https://www.nature.com/articles/35068648

We aren't talking about some 100,000 years now we are talking about millions of years.

"The discovery of a 3.5-million-year-old hominid skull and other fossil remains in northern Kenya is shaking the human family tree at its very roots"

https://www.sciencemag.o...r-obscures-human-origins

"Experts and unanimous in the opinion that Kenyanthropus will complicate efforts to trace the convoluted course of human evolution."

https://science.sciencem...ntent/291/5512/2289.full

These what experts say not a 'regular guy'.

Now what about 6 or 7 million years ago?

"After a decade of digging through the sand dunes of northern Chad, Michel Brunet found a skull 6-7 million years old. He named it Toumaï."

"Toumaï is the tip of that iceberg - one that could sink our current ideas about human evolution. "Anybody who thinks this isn't going to get more complex isn't learning from history," says Wood."

""When I went to medical school in 1963, human evolution looked like a ladder," he says. The ladder stepped from monkey to man through a progression of intermediates, each slightly less ape-like than the last.

Now human evolution looks like a bush."

" How they are related to each other and which, if any of them, are human forebears is still debated."

https://www.nature.com/n.../full/news020708-12.html

This makes that you can't say the 'ancestors' of humans that appeared after it are actually ancestors. As it looks more like a human skull the the ones that came after it.

Don't forget that nature is one of the biggest supporters of evolution.

"Until a few years ago, the evolutionary history of our species was thought to be reasonably straightforward."

"But lately, confusion has been sown in the human evolutionary tree."

https://www.nature.com/articles/35068648

"Earliest modern human-like hand bone from a new >1.84-million-year-old site at Olduvai in Tanzania"

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms8987.

"so we just don't know how many species there were, which belong to which," Professor Groves said."

https://www.abc.net.au/n...evolution-puzzle/6281236

"Three human-like species lived side-by-side in ancient Africa."

"We once thought of human evolution as a linear progression, with modern humans emerging at the end as the pinnacle of evolutionary development. But everywhere we look, it's increasingly clear the real picture was much messier."

https://www.bbc.com/news...nce-environment-52133534

So they thought the first humans appeared in Ethiopia, but then they found fossils in Chad, Kenya, Morocco and Tanzania. So they said humans appeared in Africa.

Then they found the fossils in Asia.

https://www.sciencedirec...bs/pii/S1040618215001160

"Recent Discoveries Have Overhauled Our Picture of Where Humans Came From, And When"

"Taken together, these breakthroughs suggest that many of our previous ideas about the human origin story – who we are and where we came from – were wrong."

https://www.sciencealert...umans-came-from-and-when

So what is it? A clear ladder or convoluted, messy, sunk, obscure, complex and shaking from its roots?

On a similar note here are a couple of videos from Dr. Eyad Qunaibi explaining the creation of humans and the origin of life. It is currently only in Arabic, but he is translating the episodes to other languages.

It's an advice from a human to a fellow human being, open your heart and check his series, it will benefit you إن شاء الله .

The creation of humans which I used sources from above:

The origin of life:

Quote:
A stake usually implies being driven down into the earth, when in fact mountains are driven up by the Earth.

That is my bad I guess, as the translation says stakes but the Quran is better understood in Arabic, the word used in Arabic is أوتاد which is also used for the teeth of the mouth which aren't driven down but protrude through the gums.

Maajim source

Quote:
A reasonable assumption to make considering nothing in a desert survives without access to water. That life appear to flourish around sources of water like rivers.

BTW, all life are also made of many elements forming complex molecules, so stating that we are made of air or rocks isn't wrong.

The more we advance in knowledge the more we know how important water is to living creatures.

We are made up of 71% water, blood is 55% plasma which is mostly water. Many vitamins and nutritional substances are water soluble. Water is needed in many reactions and physiologic processes from absorption to excretion. Cells exchanging with each other, interstitial fluid. We need water and depend on it in our bodies in ways that could not be known by natural observation alone but by microscopy and that was not known 1400 years ago, only in recent advances in biology, biotechnology and physiology.

There is no life without water. Not just that life flourishes around it, but that life is absent where water is absent.

Quote:
This is just stating that God creates our bones down to our fingertips. It doesn't state anything about 'reconstructing' fingerprints, or how fingertips would be especially difficult to recreate since each person has unique fingerprints.

" Yes ˹indeed˺! We are ˹most˺ capable of restoring ˹even˺ their very fingertips. "

Quran 75:4

Allah clearly mentioned the fingertips, why would he while they seem simpler than the complicated systems inside the body? (to the eyes of people 1400 years ago). Why is it talked about as if it isn't a simple task?

Quote:
They were capable of making observations and correct theories about our universe and how it functions. People didn't have the information we have today, but they weren't stupid.

The lesser fraction of their information turned out to be true today, again the probability of picking the correct and leaving the wrong from different societies with different beliefs that is considering knowledge from other societies was shared with the muslims.

Also you quoted the verse "Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them" which implies Earth is not currebtly part of the heavens or a heavenly body.

Nope, the verse doesn't imply that the earth is no longer a heavenly body.

Now about the plants I do admit that I have misunderstood the tafsir and will be removing it, thank you and the other muslim brothers here for bringing that to my attention as that was a grave mistake. I pray that ego never stops me from backing off a false statement or action that I take or say. So I'll be removing that part from the thread.

However plants reproducing asexually does not disprove the Quran as by studying the tafsir more, the word pairs is used for pairs in; male and female, the opposites; e.g. day and night, the identical (I use identical but I don't have a better word that I know in English, sorry) things; the eyes.

But what about asexual reproduction? The mother amoeba and the daughter amoeba are pairs. Even then (during mitosis) the chromosomes, which are made from two chromatids, are in even numbers.

If you are interested in knowing more about pairs I'd recommend taking a quick read on DNA replication, mitosis and asexual reproduction.

Quote:
Except you will continue to believe in it, because you will simply re-intepret the verse until it either matches our current scientific understanding, or you will ignore the science altogether,

This was answered above, but to repeat, the scientific miracles, which exist in the quran alongside other miracles, aren't the only reason I totally believe in the Quran and the more knowledge we have the more we understand the holy quran.

For anyone who is interested, here is an intellectual debate between professor Lawrence Krauss and Hamza Tzortzis - Islam vs Atheism Debate:

Offline UTD^Force  
#56 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2021 11:04:24 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask me.
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline citylightssea  
#57 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2021 5:28:22 AM(UTC)
citylightssea
Private

Thanks. I know that for Islam, it depends on how you interpret the Qur'an. I was in Egypt this summer and the guide told us about the 4 schools that teach about Islam and which are the strictest. Very interesting topic :)

Edited by user Monday, December 20, 2021 5:28:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline UTD^Force  
#58 Posted : Friday, December 24, 2021 10:14:24 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Originally Posted by: citylightssea Go to Quoted Post
Thanks. I know that for Islam, it depends on how you interpret the Qur'an. I was in Egypt this summer and the guide told us about the 4 schools that teach about Islam and which are the strictest. Very interesting topic :)

That's nice to hear, but it is not for the layman in language to interpret the Quran. There are scholars who interpret it based on their knowledge of Arabic, history, and context of the verse etc..

Edited by user Friday, December 24, 2021 10:39:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline Aleksadr  
#59 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2022 1:45:58 PM(UTC)
Aleksadr
Private
Russian Federation

Hi, the topic of Islam is very interesting. I have nothing against Islam, I live in Russia and I have Muslim friends. To be honest I don't understand when I see and when they say that Islam is cruelty. I think it does not depend on faith, but on nationality. I think there are violent people in some parts of the Muslim world, but it is wrong to judge Islam as a whole because of them. By the way, I wanted to ask you how Muslims feel about girls who meet and go out with Christians?
Offline UTD^Force  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 12:09:15 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Originally Posted by: Aleksadr Go to Quoted Post
Hi, the topic of Islam is very interesting. I have nothing against Islam, I live in Russia and I have Muslim friends. To be honest I don't understand when I see and when they say that Islam is cruelty. I think it does not depend on faith, but on nationality. I think there are violent people in some parts of the Muslim world, but it is wrong to judge Islam as a whole because of them. By the way, I wanted to ask you how Muslims feel about girls who meet and go out with Christians?

Thank you for not judging the faith based on the wrong people. There are violent people in the world, regardless of their belief. I don't think it depends on nationality, though.
I don't exactly understand your question, but there are certain regulations regarding mixing in Islam.
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs