Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline thepredatorbg  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 5:03:59 PM(UTC)
thepredatorbg
Private
Bulgaria

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello, fellow mapmakers.
I'm Predator, a mapmaker, and one of Contra mod's developers. I do appreciate this community and I'm very happy that this game gets attention after so many years.

The story is, well... as big as we might seem, our development team currently consists of me, dce (who's a 2D and 3D artist) and tet (who's developing ContraVPN), and we want to finish our Campaign as planned, but since our goal is set high, the progress on it is slow. We are recruiting a mapmaker with good knowledge of WB scripting and experience with mission-making.

I plan on completing Challenge mode for 009 Final (next version), which will add three new Challenge missions - USA, GLA and China Boss, which took a lot of my free time.

We have more than 20 missions, some of which are almost finished. We had very talented mapmakers in the past who left great mission concepts and an interesting storyline. Some of the mission maps are huge and detailed (one of which I had to cut in half because of engine limits), while others are still in early stage. I know these words make you curious, but I don't want to spoil much about the Campaign. Very little has been revealed to the public in the form of actual content (video). Of course, we have the freedom to change some things up about the missions. Nothing is set in stone. There is plenty of stuff which can be used (like GLA and China combat trains and stuff from the three boss generals). In case we need something new, we can create it.

I have years of experience with World Builder, so we'll be working together and helping each other. If mapmaking is your hobby and you're looking for some adventure, it's your chance! We do have testers and a Discord community and we like to play the mod online. We do not offer money, but we do offer you a place in our team with access to developer version. Thanks for your time!
Sponsor
Offline Deinon  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 2:47:54 AM(UTC)
Deinon
Captain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'd be intrigued to work with you. I've been putting together some heavily scripted maps - Generals Challenges for the China Infantry general, Syrian and Israeli generals for Abra's "Global Crisis" mod, and heavy modifications to the vanilla campaigns of both Generals anf Zero Hour. My biggest project I'm working on has been somewhat hampered by my lack of 2D and 3D modelling skills - it puts the player in the shoes of various people in the Syrian civil war, including an ambulance driver in Aleppo, a civilian attempting to escape from ISIS-occupied Raqqa during a nighttime bombing raid, YPG forces fighting against ISIS in Kobane, and an SAS raid which attempted the capture of a high-ranking ISIS figurehead. I know people who live in that country, good people, and part of the project's goal was to put the player in their shoes - civilians play an important role throughout, and several missions (and sequences within missions) completely disregard traditional RTS mechanics while using the game engine to create something new. I can share some of my maps to give you an idea of the level of detail I tend to put in them. I'd be interested to learn more about your project and help out as I can.

Edited by user Monday, February 12, 2018 2:53:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 7:04:16 AM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Philippines

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Looks interesting I'm in.

But first let me try the beta game and use what application you use since other modified zh worldbuilders are sometimes not working In my laptop. Example (rotr/shockwave)

Edited by user Monday, February 12, 2018 7:07:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

A part of ZH worldbuilders map making community
https://discord.gg/tJ6zyGb

UserPostedImage

Offline thepredatorbg  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2018 10:22:24 AM(UTC)
thepredatorbg
Private
Bulgaria

Okay, guys. I'm happy to see some replies. Send me a private message with some of your best work for me to take a look.
Offline Deinon  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 12:51:59 PM(UTC)
Deinon
Captain

Hey, I'd tried to send some of my maps along a week ago and never heard anything back. Anyone have a chance to look at them? Give me an email address and I'm happy to share.

Edited by user Monday, March 12, 2018 12:52:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 8:43:58 PM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
Philippines

JOIN the discord I am already there releasing maps

UserPostedImage

Offline Deinon  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 9:21:42 PM(UTC)
Deinon
Captain

Originally Posted by: adrianemapmaker Go to Quoted Post
JOIN the discord I am already there releasing maps

Discord? Got a link?
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 6:17:54 AM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
Philippines

UserPostedImage

Offline thepredatorbg  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 3:36:28 AM(UTC)
thepredatorbg
Private
Bulgaria

Originally Posted by: Deinon Go to Quoted Post
Hey, I'd tried to send some of my maps along a week ago and never heard anything back. Anyone have a chance to look at them? Give me an email address and I'm happy to share.

Strange, I didn't receive any message. Where did you send them? You can send me a PM on this site, on Discord, ModDB or Revora.