Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JacenSolo  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2018 5:00:12 AM(UTC)
JacenSolo
Private

I'm experiencing severe lag playing a simple skirmish cause the game refuses to run on the nvidia card and instead runs on the useless intel integrated graphics.

I've looked for solutions but can't seem to find any whatsoever. Does anyone know how to run Generals and Zero Hour on the dedicated graphics card?

I'm playing this on a laptop with a Core i5-8250U and a GeForce MX150. I'm running the Origin version from the ultimate collection and I have Bibber's fixed launchers. I haven't noticed much issues with the campaign, but during skirmishes when the AI goes crazy with the unit spams, the game lags to near unplayability. I had the same issue with RA3 and Uprising, but after setting the nvidia card as the preferred graphics processor both those games ran fine.

But Generals on the other hand simply refuses to do so. Even after setting it as the global preferred processor, there's no change.

Has anyone experienced this issue and found a workaround or something??

Edited by user Monday, December 10, 2018 5:11:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AS A RESULT OF RECENT BUDGET CUTS, THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL HAS BEEN TURNED OFF UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
Sponsor
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2018 4:46:31 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
How do you know the nvidia gpu is already being used? Maybe it already is.

Also, an 8th generation intel integrated graphics is more than powerful enough to run generals, the lag you're experiencing is normal and is due to the game's age, everyone experiences lag when the AI goes crazy with the units.

May I ask what map do you lag on?

EDIT: The integrated graphics present in the i5-8250u is the UHD 620, I own a GT710 and your integrated chip is around 75% faster in raw speed, I play the game fine with max graphics and only lag in the same situations as you (lots of AI units).

Edited by user Monday, December 10, 2018 4:53:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Offline JacenSolo  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 4:40:08 AM(UTC)
JacenSolo
Private

Originally Posted by: SkyMix_RMT Go to Quoted Post
How do you know the nvidia gpu is already being used? Maybe it already is.
Task Manager shows zero percent usage plus I have the nvidia GPU activity tracker in the task bar, which says a whole bunch of stuff are running on it (including RA3 and every other game) except generals.

May I ask what map do you lag on?
This was an official map. Red rock I believe.

EDIT: The integrated graphics present in the i5-8250u is the UHD 620, I own a GT710 and your integrated chip is around 75% faster in raw speed, I play the game fine with max graphics and only lag in the same situations as you (lots of AI units).
Seriously?? Whoa that's actually pretty impressive. Did not know that...

the lag you're experiencing is normal and is due to the game's age, everyone experiences lag when the AI goes crazy with the units.
Okay, I believe you. You are Skymix RMT after all Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile
Btw Kihill beach is awesome Wink
AS A RESULT OF RECENT BUDGET CUTS, THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL HAS BEEN TURNED OFF UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 10:20:15 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JacenSolo Go to Quoted Post

Btw Kihill beach is awesome Wink

Thanks man! I really appreciate that.

If you still want to try to run generals on the dedicated nvidia chip:
Have you tried setting the nvidia gpu as the preferred graphics processor for all programs in the nvidia control panel?
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord