Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<678910>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gameanater  
#141 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 4:27:19 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SUPER-G Go to Quoted Post
Anni, every time you talk about the strategies that pros use in-game i get less and less interested in playing online because i feel like i'll get obliterated by a squad of rocketvees or something else OP before i even build a strategy center, lmao.

Maybe it's time for me to stop playing the Ai on medium difficulty for once.

Haha! I feel the same.
I SUUUUCK at micromanaging. And rushing. I try doing that against Hard AIs (which aren't actually too hard), and I get crushed by an already-build Stinger Site-Tunnet Network Supply Post guardian squad in the middle of the map. I could swear that sometimes the AI is given unlimited money or something, because I don't get how it can have the funds to manage building a guard and mining post around two Supply Docks, build up it's regular base, build up a wall of defense, AND send out have a billion Quads and Scorpions, all at the same darned time!

Originally Posted by: Annihilationzh Go to Quoted Post
I'm similar. I know the theory, but I can't pull it off to save my life. Best I can do is AODs. Rockvees are stupidly hard to use. I've watched countless pro replays and I've seen them screw it up royally on occasion. These days, the most fun is seeing someone manage to pull off a victory using Paladins.

lol. Same here. I know the theory for the strategy, but when I try to pull it off myself SOMETHING always goes wrong and I get crushed. This is what I get for not just sitting there and spamming defenses against the AI, and instead trying new strategies. Bah! xD

Edited by user Sunday, January 11, 2015 5:12:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline SUPER-G  
#142 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 4:54:46 PM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
Canada

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gameanater Go to Quoted Post
I swear that sometimes the AI is given unlimited money or something, because I don't get how it can have the funds to manage building a guard and mining post around two Supply Docks, build up it's regular base, build up a wall of defense, AND send out have a billion Quads and Scorpions, all at the same da.mned time!

I think they do get an unfair advantage. It's what a lot of games to to their Ai to make them a more challenging opponent, when really it just makes it unfair. I tried being demo and going all out on the airforce general on hard, who for some reason was able to rebuild his airfeilds and power plants every time without issues.

[will come up with a new general soon]
Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in
one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom. - Anton Lavey

Offline Annihilationzh  
#143 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 5:18:50 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Okay, this is kind of against my argument I guess, about being overpowered and underpowered at the same time, but you CAN have the Carpet Bomber earlier in-game because of the Strategy Center and level 1 General's Ability thing.

A pro who builds their strategy center that early is going to die from lack of funds.

Aren't his Rawkitvees more expensive to make? IIRC, both his Infantry and vehicles are more expensive, so it'd be a little harder to spam them without a stronger economy backbone, which he definitely has to have because his main force, airforce, is still quite expensive even with cost reduction to his aircraft. Comanche spam requires a LOTTA cash to make!

A small group of stealth comanches are great for taking out groups of quads using their rocket pods. Their speed and stealth makes them truly deadly.

His Humvees cost 800 vs the normal 700. Missiles Defenders cost the same. This is the only thing that gives USA a hope against airforce general. Laser General has a much easier time with his cheaper (but still incredibly expensive) avengers.

How so? I mean, yes, the laser defense helps against the missiles, but a single Rawkitvee loaded with the full 5 Missile Defenders easily gets through one AirF Chinook without too much trouble, which is made easier with more Rawkitvees. And the TOW Missile just adds one more thing for the laser defense to handle (I am aware that a TOW Missile alone is completely worthless against any laser-defensed aircraft.

Rockvee vs rockvee fights don't last for more than a few seconds, and they'll often retreat to reduce losses. A single laser defence can make the difference between a living rockvee and a dead one. It also doesn't help that king raptors laugh at rockvees.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline jfftjlv12345  
#144 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 7:18:31 PM(UTC)
jfftjlv12345
Captain
Philippines

Isn't this supposed to be a general making place, sirs? I mean,why are we talking about strategies here?
Isn't it kind of revealing yours?

Edited by user Sunday, January 11, 2015 7:19:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Gameanater  
#145 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 7:48:52 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Okay, this is kind of against my argument I guess, about being overpowered and underpowered at the same time, but you CAN have the Carpet Bomber earlier in-game because of the Strategy Center and level 1 General's Ability thing.

A pro who builds their strategy center that early is going to die from lack of funds.

Oh...

Aren't his Rawkitvees more expensive to make? IIRC, both his Infantry and vehicles are more expensive, so it'd be a little harder to spam them without a stronger economy backbone, which he definitely has to have because his main force, airforce, is still quite expensive even with cost reduction to his aircraft. Comanche spam requires a LOTTA cash to make!

A small group of stealth comanches are great for taking out groups of quads using their rocket pods. Their speed and stealth makes them truly deadly.

His Humvees cost 800 vs the normal 700. Missiles Defenders cost the same. This is the only thing that gives USA a hope against airforce general. Laser General has a much easier time with his cheaper (but still incredibly expensive) avengers.

True, but I would think they'd suffer considerable losses in destroying a group of Quads, who when coordinating their fire on one Comaanche at a time will obliterate it.

One time I was playing as Thrax against a Superweapons player, who relied quite a bit on Comanches. It was a lot of cat-and-mouse because I had a squad of Quad Cannons guarding my base. He would keep moving his Comanches in and kill off a couple Quads, but I'd keep end up destroying at least the same amount of Comanches every time. Eventually he rushed both Comanaches with Tomohawks and Rawkitvees. So, I think you are slightly overestimating the armor of the Comanches.

Also, thank you for clarifying for me on AirF's infantry and vehicle costs. Smile

How so? I mean, yes, the laser defense helps against the missiles, but a single Rawkitvee loaded with the full 5 Missile Defenders easily gets through one AirF Chinook without too much trouble, which is made easier with more Rawkitvees. And the TOW Missile just adds one more thing for the laser defense to handle (I am aware that a TOW Missile alone is completely worthless against any laser-defensed aircraft.

Rockvee vs rockvee fights don't last for more than a few seconds, and they'll often retreat to reduce losses. A single laser defence can make the difference between a living rockvee and a dead one. It also doesn't help that king raptors laugh at rockvees.

This was about standard, non-Combat AirF Chinooks going against Rawkitvees. Not Rawkitvees vs Rawkitvees.

Originally Posted by: jfftjlv12345 Go to Quoted Post
Isn't this supposed to be a general making place, sirs? I mean,why are we talking about strategies here?

Personally, I don't mind. But... Maybe I should make a new topic for this.
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline SUPER-G  
#146 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:16:59 PM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
Canada

Personally, I don't mind. But... Maybe I should make a new topic for this.

As long as it's generating intelligent discussion, i dont mind.

New General!

Gou T'sing

Specialty: Propaganda and unit moral

Nationalism and Patriotism upgrade already purchased.

Propaganda center $500 less expensive.

Speaker towers cover a 50% wider range

New units:

Propaganda Tank - $800 - Replaces ECM tank. A tank with a propaganda tower, but the tower gives out 2X the power of an ordinary tower. 2x healing speed, firing rate and unit speed. Can hold 2 infantry inside that can shoot out. It's armor however is very weak and is subject to power outages.

Officer - $500 - Can rally nearby units, much like the propaganda tank, but not as powerful and doesn't cover as wide of a range, and doesn't heal vehicles. Shoots using a handgun.

Psycho tank - $2000 - Stealthed, sends out a broadcast to nearby enemy units that, when exposed long enough to, can make them change sides. Slow, expensive, and weak armored. Once the changed unit becomes outnumbered by it's former army, it will slowly change back.

Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in

Offline Gameanater  
#147 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:37:48 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Alright, I'm going to make a new general here... Kinda taking a page from AZH's "mixing it up".

GLA Airforce General

(I don't have a name for him)

-Cannot build Demo Trap... At least not with a worker

-Airfield
-Kamikaze Crop Duster: More or less an airborne version of the Bomb Truck. Can be upgraded with both Hig-Explosive and Bio-Bombs. What does it have over a Bomb Truck? Since it's airborne, it's more vunerible to bullets, so to compensate it simply has more health. Plus, when killed, it para-drops a Terrorist
-Terrorists para-drop from all aircraft when destroyed (minus cargo planes)
-News Maker helicopter: It's a stolen news chopper re-fitted for war. It can carry 5 infantry in it who can fire out.
-Anthrax Duster: This a very unoriganal GLA aircraft. It's basically an improved Toxin Tractor that flies.
-Airfield can be upgraded with Camo-Netting, which will cloak both the airfield AND the jets that use it, which is definitely helpful. However, the Camo-Netting costs twice as much as usual.
-All aircraft can be upgraded with USA Countermeasures
-Vendetta Flying Machine: A pretty frail old-fashioned airplane, back from when it was just two dudes with goggles flying this thing. It's sort of like a very cheap MiG. It starts with weak missiles, but can upgraded to use either Anthrax or High-Explosive versions. It's frail, but does damage and is cheap.
-Demo Snare Upgrade: causes Kamikaze Crop Dusters to spawn a standard Demo Trap when they crash in addition to a Terrorist.
-Spy Plane: Exactly what it sounds like. Has a huge vision range and can detect stealth units at about one-third of it's vision. It's cloaked, but completely defenseless. Due to no need for ammo, it does not take up space in an airfield. It instead spawns a Saboteur when destroyed.
-All aircraft can use Junk Repair, including Cargo Planes

-Anthrax Bomb replaced with GLA Carpet Bombing and is available at the same rank as Cash Bounty. It will drop as many bombs as Granger's version, but is not as fast. However, the bombs will spawn Anthrax, which can be upgraded with Anthrax Beta. The worst part? The stinkin' Cargo Plane can be upgraded to be CLOAKED until it drops the bombs.
-Jet Pack Stinger Soldiers: Exactly what they sound like. trainable from the Barracks.
-Jarmen Kell flies with a Jet Pack and can snipe enemy aircraft down with ease, which on Comanches/Chinooks/Helixes will leave them open to capture.

-All vehicles are more expensive
-Battle Bus unavailable
-Bomb Truck unavailable
-SCUD Lawnchair is unavailable (not like anybody actually USES that)
-Rocket Buggy CANNOT be upgraded with more buggy ammo, now
-Scorpion and Muruader are unavailable.
-Angry Mob cannot be trained
-Technical Training unavailable

-At Tech Reinforcement Pads, a Quad Cannon is para-dropped.

-"Riot Papers" Generals ability. It drops leaflets like the USA power, but instead of shutting down all the units it instead spawns an Angry Mob for every unit or building it touches. It incites a riot, quite simply. However, you can't upgrade this Mob with AK-47s unless you've got another GLA faction's Palace.

-SCUD Storm is replaced with the Cargo Kamikaze Field. It holds two commercial airliners. Both are loaded with explosives and Anthrax, and once ready, can be launched anywhere on the map and will fly into thier targeted area at a pretty high speed. The problems? For one thing, this building requires TWICE the space of a SCUD Storm to hold the two cargo planes, and there is chance that one or both of the planes will get shot down before they reach their target, catastrophically blowing up in the air and only damaging units on the ground with the Anthrax.

-Jet-Jacker replaces Hijacker. It is a Hijacker with goggles and jet pack, and he Hijacks both air units and vehicles. He can also hijack cargo planes, although that's probably not very useful.

Mehh... Maybe he's a little too powerful...

Edited by user Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:55:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: That last comment was meant in a good way, but read like I was being mean

Offline Annihilationzh  
#148 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:49:39 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Not bad Super G. Lack of ECM tanks is a pretty severe weakness, but the attack rate buffs will help a lot against most opponents.

Gameanator, your general is very vague on power and prices, so it could be balanced under the right circumstances.

How are you going to discuss general creation without discussing strategy and balance?

If someone makes a general with a double barrelled scud launcher, it's not going to break the game balance, but if they make a general with half price rocket infantry, or rocket buggies that don't require a Palace, then it's highly overpowered.

This was about standard, non-Combat AirF Chinooks going against Rawkitvees. Not Rawkitvees vs Rawkitvees.

Airforce generals regular chinooks don't have weapons. I was talking about them as a support unit.

Say you have a group of 6 USA Rockvees ($13200) vs 2 airforce Chinooks and 5 Rockvees ($13,400). Both sides come in range and then retreat. The airforce general has a significant advantage because the Chinooks reduce the number of missiles exchanged.

Eventually he rushed both Comanaches with Tomohawks and Rawkitvees. So, I think you are slightly overestimating the armor of the Comanches.

Superweapon general doesn't have stealth comanches. AFG also has increased armour against quads for his comanches with the countermeasures upgrade. Both of these are very important for countering quads. They come in, obliterate the quads with rocket pods, and leave. If there are too many quads, they target somewhere else.

I'm also not overestimating anything. I've seen it done in a competitive game, and I've also seen it given as advice before from pros. Most of the things I've said in this thread aren't my own ideas.

Edited by user Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:51:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
thanks 2 users thanked Annihilationzh for this useful post.
Gameanater on 1/11/2015(UTC), SUPER-G on 1/11/2015(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#149 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:58:25 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Gameanator, your general is very vague on power and prices, so it could be balanced under the right circumstances.

*Ahem* Gameanater. :P

You're right. I should put some price tags on there.

I'll do that tommorrow and continue this conversation then.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 23, 2017 11:11:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline jfftjlv12345  
#150 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 9:45:41 PM(UTC)
jfftjlv12345
Captain
Philippines

USA Rapid Deployment General(Unknown name)

Spy drone available from the start.

Rangers cost 150
MDs cost 250
Col.Burton costs 1350
Pathfinder costs 500
New Unit:
Orbital Dropper-Can only be obtained at the Orbital Drop Support power. Better than Rangers and can attack air.

Light Crusader-lighter armor and damage, cost 750
Light Paladin-lighter armor and damage,cost 950
Light Humvee-can only hold 4 soldiers.
Light Ambulance-lighter armor, cost 300
Avenger costs 2200
Microwave tank costs 1000
Sentry drone can call in paradrops. And it costs 500.
New Unit
Stealth Tank-shoots missiles like the Nod one(not sure)-costs 1000

Raptor costs 1350
Comanche costs 1200, stealthed by default
Aurora is unavailable
Stealth Fighter can attack air and cost 1400
New Unit:
Elite Combat Chinook- 10 infantry and a minigun, has AAPDL like Avenger, costs 1750
MH53"Pave Low"-Support Chopper, heals units in effect. Armed with bombs,machineguns and a bunker. costs 2000
Apache-has 10 missiles and 2 autocannons. Can attack air. Costs 1800.

Orbital Drop-Drops pods from space and damages buildings in area. Up to level 3 and it replaces ranger paradrop.
A10 strike can call in 2, 4, and 6 aircraft per level.
Emergency repair up to level 1 only.

New SW:Cluster ICBM, launches 50 small missiles from ICBM.

Note:This is my second general.
Offline Annihilationzh  
#151 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 10:02:04 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Yes, yes. Gamaymotor. Got it. :P

This is a bit of a cliche, but it's always been such an obvious general:

China Napalm General
-The nuke cannon is not available.
-No Horde or Nationalism.
-Napalm Bomb is free, but Helixes cost an extra $200
-MiGs have 3 missiles, but their explosive power is reduced by 20%.
-Battlemaster and Dragon Tank buttons switch places on the war factory.
-The dragon tank has 20% more HP and damage.
-Overlord replaced by Bahamut, an overlord with a flamethrower, fire wall ability and 2 bunker slots. Costs $2500.
-Flame Guard available. $350.
-Red Guard costs $350.
-Black Lotus can place a Napalm Bomb.
-Double barrelled Inferno Cannon upgrade available at Propaganda Center.
-Napalm Strike generals power available.
-Artillery Strike Generals Power causes a Firestorm.

Offline Commander Ned  
#152 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 11:27:52 AM(UTC)
Commander Ned
Private

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Haha! The old and classic China Flame General! Nice one!
By the way, thanks a million for recommending ProGen, it's awesome! I can't believe I haven't heard of it before. And by the way, do you, by any chance, recommend Crazy Mod, Annihilationzh?

Edited by user Monday, January 12, 2015 11:30:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hey! Its Commander Ned here! Check out my videos on YouTube:

USA Gameplay:
!
China Gameplay:

Also check out my topic on C&C Labs Forums » C&C Generals Discussion » C&C Generals and Zero Hour:

Create your Unit!

I wanna get as many responses as possible!

Offline Annihilationzh  
#153 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 5:42:04 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Commander Ned Go to Quoted Post
Haha! The old and classic China Flame General! Nice one!
By the way, thanks a million for recommending ProGen, it's awesome! I can't believe I haven't heard of it before. And by the way, do you, by any chance, recommend Crazy Mod, Annihilationzh?

Crazy Mod is decent for a bit of fun, but it doesn't last long. Zero Hour Retarded is the same. They're just silly mods.

Contra is the exact opposite. I recommend Contra for playing online against other people, but if you only plan to play it to use the super units, then don't bother, it's a waste of time. I also recommend Contra for it's INI coding; it is a masterpiece. It makes the creators of Shockwave look like novices.

Offline Gameanater  
#154 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 7:36:49 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Yes, yes. Gamaymotor. Got it. :P

Pfft. xD Alright, AliasConditionStateZH.

I'll fix up the GLA Airforce General later. Right now, here's two new generals for ya'll:

USA Crusader General
Trevor Cruiser

Male, completely white hair that is parted in the middle and decently long, and he has blue eyes

-Infantry costs $100 more
-Crusader Tank costs $700 and can be upgraded to have a Ranger standing on top to counter infantry for $1000
-Ranger Crusader upgrade: See above.
-Can create the Laser Crusader. Completely identical to the Laser General’s Laser Crusader
-Paladin Unavailable
-Microwave Tank is replaced with the Dragon Crusader. It fires Battlemaster-level powerful tank shells that burn infantry and clear out buildings. It costs the same as the Microwave Tank and still requires the Strategy Center. When it dies, the napalm spills out and causes a sizeable fire.
-Pathfinder unavailable.
-Tomahawk costs $2000 instead of $1200
-Hellfire Drone is replaced by the Crusader Drone. Just what it sounds like, it fires Crusader tank Shells… and can attack aircraft, too. Somehow.
-Sentry Drone is not available and is replaced by the Spy Crusader. It does much less damage then the regular Crusader and is essentially equal to the Scorpion Tank in terms of damage output and armor, but it is cloaked while moving and detects stealth units. Costs $700
-Aircraft is $200 more expensive
-Aurora Bomber and Stealth Fighter are unavailable.
-Comanache still uses Rocket Pods, but its secondary missile weapon is replaced by four Crusader Tank shells.
-Speed Treads upgrade: Costs $1000. It doubles the speed of the Crusader.
-Ranger Flashbangs are replaced by Ranger Crusading upgrade. Quite simply, they can switch between assault rifles and Crusader Tank shells. Same cost.
-Ranger Paradrop is replaced by Crusader Drop. First level drops one Crusader, the second drops two, the third drops 4.
-Humvee costs $800
-Avenger is replaced by the Vengeance Crusader. Its top turret thingy is replaced by a big round… Thing. It attacks by sending out a Zero-Point Energy Field beam that punts the enemy forces and missiles back. It does damage to ground and air forces, but when used against missiles it simply smacks them back without destroying it. Does not provide targeting assistance, however. Costs $1000.
-Gravity Toy upgrade: Costs $1000. It improves the abilities of the Vengeance Crusader by allowing it to continually hold back an enemy and missiles while still doing damage. It only handles one enemy unit at a time, but can handle multiple missiles at once, holding them back continually until they run out of fuel.
-Humvee TOW Missile is replaced with the Crusade Gun. It fires a Crusader Shell that can also target aircraft
-Patriot Missile System is replaced by the Chivalrous Missile System. It fires four Crusader Tank shells.
-Firebase garrisonable by vehicles, but not infantry.
Description:
Trevor is essentially the USA’s equivalent to a Tank General, and able to whoop any other army’s vehicular units out on the field. Anything that dares to step near his variety of Crusaders will find itself ground into powder, even infantry, with the Dragon Crusader and Ranger Crusader upgrade. However, his infantry is more expensive and his Aircraft has been nerfed, although the Comanche does have a nice weapon change. Rawkitvees/Rockvees are not recommended for him due to much higher costs for the Missile Defenders and Humvees. Not to mention, although Rangers can be glued to the Crusaders, the lack of Pathfinders is a major weakness when facing enemy infantry, not to mention his artillery, Tomahawks, is much more expensive. Nevertheless, he is a true force to be reckoned with, having fiery spirit in his Dragon Crusaders, exposing and ambushing the enemy with Spy Crusaders, rocket-blocking with his Vengeance Crusaders, and frying the enemy with Laser Crusaders. Despite Crusader cost reductions, though, he will certainly still require a strong economy to be a threat. Trevor is the ultimate USA authority on tanks and tank shells.

The lack of cheap Rawkitvees might make him easier to take out early in the game without an ally, but later in the game he should be unstoppable.

UserPostedImage
China Artillery General
Feng List

Female, brown hair that is over a foot long and has streaks of blonde, she has green eyes

-Red Guards are produced one at a time
-Mortar Combatant infantry: Essentially an infantry version of the Inferno Cannon. Same range and weapon, with the potential to cause a firestorm. Costs $500 and can use Hording.
-Inferno Cannons are $200 cheaper and can Horde
-Nuke Cannons do not require a Propaganda Center and come pre-built with Neutron Shells. In addition, they deploy in half the time of standard Nuke Cannon. Cost remains unchanged to balance this.
-Inferno Cannons and Nuke Cannons start as veterans
-Battlemaster unavailable
-Gattling Cannon costs $100 more
-Dragon Tank costs $100 more
-Troop Crawler only comes with 6 Red Guards, but costs the same.
-Overlord is replaced with the Artillery Lord. It is equipped with double Inferno Cannons that fire slightly faster. Has the same upgrades as a standard Overlord, except of course Uranium Shells is exchanged for Black Napalm (Nuclear Tanks, Gattling Cannon, Speaker Tower, and Bunker can still be used for it). Costs the same as a standard Overlord and still requires a Propaganda Center.
-ECM Tank has double the range for disabling vehicles but costs $200 more.
-Black Lotus throws grenades to defend herself against infantry and vehicles. She cannot disable vehicles, but her grenades will clear out garrisoned buildings and cause knockback when they explode. They have about the same damage output as a Scorpion’s rocket.
-Uranium Shells unavailable
-Carpet Bombing drops as many bombs as Granger’s version, but the speed remains unchanged.
-Red Guard Training unavailable
-Artillery Training will make Inferno and Nuke Cannons built as Elites, and the Mortar Combatant to be trained as a veteran
-Artillery Barrage Level 1 is the same as a level 2 Artillery Barrage, Level 2 is the same as a Level 3, and Level 3 has 12 more shells fired.
-Frenzy also increases the range of units
-EMP Pulse is replaced with EMP Carpeting Bombing. It drops the same amount of bombs as a standard Chinese Carpet Bomber, but each bomb uses EMP to disable buildings and vehicles

Anyone who dares to oppose Feng List will end up with the sky falling down on their forces, as Feng utilizes every long-range ability she could think of. She is essentially the General's Ability goddess due to her insane Artillery Barrage and improved Carpet Bombing, not to mention that her unit's long range will ensure that the enemy's face will be used by her to mop the bloody battlefield long before their own forces are within range of her base. Unfortunately, should they somehow manage to actually breach her line of defense, she will be left with very little to effectively defend her forces. She lacks any real powerful medium and short-ranged units, and her own artillery will likely cause deadly splash damage that destroys her forces in addition to the enemy in such a case. In addition, her primary attacking force will always have to have several squads of infantry and light vehicles accompanying it, lest the enemy simply send a few fast and short-ranged units to kill them. However, if the cards are being played right niether of these situations should even happen.

Whatchuya'll think? Balanced? Cool? Suckish?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:48:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline SUPER-G  
#155 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 8:24:26 PM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
Canada

I love both of them, but the artillery general may be a bit underpowered, as once enemy forces have broken through her long range defensive lines, she's defenseless really.

Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

Offline Annihilationzh  
#156 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 8:54:35 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

No need to worry about breaking past the line. The Mortar Combatant infantry will just casually annihilate everything ever, especially when they're put in a listening outpost. There would be firestorms EVERYWHERE. Not to mention, bunkers and civilian buildings.

Range needs to be carefully balanced Gameapotata, and a $500 price tag is nowhere near enough to balance an infantry unit WITH HORDE wielding the weapon from an inferno cannon. Give that thing 1/4 less damage, 20 less range, and double the number of projectiles required for a firestorm, and then it might be somewhat fair.

Offline jfftjlv12345  
#157 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 9:24:20 PM(UTC)
jfftjlv12345
Captain
Philippines

Alright, here's the overall overview..... with a new edition!

General Robert Wilkes, USA Hi-Tech and Energy Weapon General
Branch: USA
Stationed: Has many stations around the world. Most notable are in the US, Europe, Iraq, and Japan.
Tactical Overview: Superior Technology
Availability: Skirmish, Generals Challenge, Online

Formerly a subordinate under General Townes, General Wilkes has always been fond of high-tech weaponry. However, seeing the weaknesses of General Townes's weaponry at the time, General Wilkes started to learn from his superior's mistakes. After a while, he shifted his job to General Alexander's. However, the same things happened. He included the brand-new plasma weaponry which can take out masses of infantry, new Positron weaponry, and enhanced laser and Particle Cannon technology. He was also formerly an Avenger operator, taking out masses of aircraft while designating targets for other units. However, by the time of President Bradford, all his projects were shut down, including his Peer tank prototype. This infuriated him, since seeing the President as not allowing his new toys to battle. However, by the year 2065, all his new projects were recommissioned, now once again approved under a different president.

He has a decent army in both land and air.

As a general, General Wilkes has been always using more advanced weapons, not to mention his energy weapons, drone bombers, and orbital strikes. He also has a good defense, good enough in neutralizing heavy attacks. His main weakness, however, is power dependency, leaving his Orbital Artillery and tanks powerless if power is left unchecked.

Info:

All aircraft have PDLs.
All vehicles(including drones) can hover over water by default.

Regulars(They are armed with plasma machine guns to attack both ground and air. Uses flashbangs to clear buildings.))=300
Designated Marksmen(They are armed with semiauto lasers, can target designate, and call orbital strikes when upgraded.)=450
Hunter(Basically a pathfinder with a railgun and fully stealthed.)=550
Laser Burton(You want the best, here I am... with laser.)=1350
EMP Missile Defender(Stops and damages vehcles and destroys aircraft.)=325
Jetpack Trooper(Flies and uses plasma machineguns and laser cannons.)=600
Advanced Officer=700
Medic=300
Positron Cannon Trooper(yes, uses powerful Energy Tank shell to kill)=700

Positron Crusaders=1000
Laser Paladins=1150
Railgun Artillery(you ever heard of Townes' one in ShW?)=1750
Orbital Strike Artillery(pretty much the Athena Cannon)=1850
Laser Humvee=600
Advanced Ambulance=450
Plasma Tomahawk=1100
Mammoth Tank Mark IV(PDL, 2 positron cannons, 2 AA plasma missile launchers, can hover, upgradeable by deflector shields)=2250
Super APC(carries 10 soldiers at once)=800
Repair Tank= 750
Reaper Stealth Tank=1000
Laser Tank(Same as Townes')=700
Advanced Sentry Drone=550
Advanced Avenger=1400
Positron Humvee= 750
Advanced Microwave Tank= 750
The Peer Tank, an experimental heavy tank that is armed with 2 super heavy positron cannons, has a PDL and AA laser, has plasma missile pods, can hover over water, has nanobots to repair itself and other vehicles around its vicinity, can upgrade to Dual Heavy Particle Cannons and Dual Solar Cannons. Has modular weapons as well, such as Mobile Bunker, Pulse cannons to attack infantry and aircraft, and a missile jammer. However, can only be built once in the field, and costs 10000.(The same in Create your unit)

Laser Comanche=1350
King Raptor Mark II(Has PDL and has 10 missiles, can deploy countermeasures more often.)=1250
Banshee Fighter(uses laser cannons and plasma missiles)=1500
Laser Stealth Prototype Fighter(yeah, a prototype, a new model)=1750
Orca(can bring 5 soldiers and has fireports, armed with Plasma bombs and plasma machineguns)=1800
Plasma Aurora Bomber=2000
2037 Drone Bomber(Unmanned and fast drone bomber)=1000
Plasma Nighthawk(drops plasma missiles)=1500
ETA 2 interceptor(like the Star Wars one, armed with lasers)=1400

Research Center=2250
Advanced Laser Turret=1250
Advanced War Factory=2000
Advanced Air Field=1000
Laser Designator Base(same as one in Shockwave)=800
Railgun Turret=1250
Advanced Cold Fusion reactor=650
Plasma Patriot=1000
EMP Patriot=1000
Advanced Laser Uplink Cannon(superweapon)=3000

Deflector Shields(all units will receive 25% less damage.)=1000
Advanced PDLs=2000
Orbital Strike Designation=1400
Focusing Crystals=2500
High Heat Weaponry=2500
Focused Railguns=2500
Laser Gun(for Sentry Drone)=400
Advanced Control Rods Upgrade=250

Orbital Strike Atrillery at 1-star , 1 point
Advanced Spy Drone 1-star, 1 point

Advanced Emergency Repair(1-star to 3-star)1 point per level, up to Level 3
Positron Bomber Strike(Carpet bombs the area with a 2018 concept bomber and leaves fire traces, drops twice simultaneously), 3-star, 1 point,once only
Advanced Specter Gunship(bombards area with plasma projectiles and lasers, burning the area,up to Level 3)at 3-star, 1 point per level
Space Laser Strike- Bombard the area with 40 lasers from space. Rank 3 and levels only once.
2037 Bomber Strike(bombards the area with plasma projectiles and plasma missiles, burning the area afterwards, much like a mix of A-10s and napalm strikes), up to Level 3, 3-star, 1 point per level
Advanced Paradrop(Paradrops a group of Regulars, Marksmen, EMP Missile Defenders, and Laser Humvees at a location. Up to Level 3)
3-star, 1 point per level.

RKV Strike replaces Fuel Air Bomb(A tungsten rod falls out from space, dealing massive damage over a large area,)at 5-star, 1 point
Advanced EMP bomb strike(A 2018 concept bomber drops 2 EMP bombs, disabling everything including infantry),5-star, 1-point

A repost of the old one, to be more elaborate.

Edited by user Monday, January 12, 2015 9:36:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Gameanater  
#158 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:12:27 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: SUPER-G Go to Quoted Post
I love both of them, but the artillery general may be a bit underpowered, as once enemy forces have broken through her long range defensive lines, she's defenseless really.

No need to worry about breaking past the line. The Mortar Combatant infantry will just casually annihilate everything ever, especially when they're put in a listening outpost. There would be firestorms EVERYWHERE. Not to mention, bunkers and civilian buildings.

Range needs to be carefully balanced Gameapotata, and a $500 price tag is nowhere near enough to balance an infantry unit WITH HORDE wielding the weapon from an inferno cannon. Give that thing 1/4 less damage, 20 less range, and double the number of projectiles required for a firestorm, and then it might be somewhat fair.

Holy crap... You're right...

Okay, while I'm at it for fixing Feng's Mortar Combatants, I'm just going to revise Trevor a little, and Feng's overall army.

USA Crusader General (Trevor Cruiser) revisions:
-Humvee costs $700
-The Humvee’s main turret also uses the Ranger’s standard assault rifle instead of the regular Humvee weapon, resulting in less power for it. This is balanced by the overall cheaper to make tank force of Trevor.
-Spy Crusader costs $700 instead of $800
-Colonel Burton’s weapon fires Crusader shells, with the same “clip” count of the vanilla Burton. He still costs $100 more.
-Chem Suits unavailable
-To compensate for the above limitation, his Pilots are the only infantry in his force that can use them. They come already with the upgrade.

UserPostedImage
China Artillery General (Feng List) revisions:
-Mortar Combatants retain the $500 price tag, but their weapons instead have two-thirds the firepower of an Inferno Cannon, require twice as many projectiles to cause a firestorm, and have a bit less range (20 less to be exact)
-Mortar Combatants can also target aircraft, somehow. Previously, the only counters to aircraft she had were the weak Tank Hunters and more expensive Gattling Tanks and Gattling Cannons. She was very powerful against medium-slow speed ground forces but non of her long-range units could target aircraft, and were thus very easy to kill for any USA or China enemies that would use aircraft. Mortar Combatants’ projectiles, however, can actually be shot down by Granger laser defenses and Avengers, and are effected by ECM Tank redirection.
-Red Guard is still trained one at a time, but does have twice the range of a standard Red Guard. It’s still the same price and firepower, though, and will not target aircraft.
-I actually meant to say this before, but Nuke Cannons do not require the General’s Ability to be built.
-Tank Hunters have slightly further range

Alright, time for more new generals!

China Hacking General
Elisa Lotus, aka the lovely Black Lotus.

That’s right, Lotus’ true name has been revealed AND she’s been promoted to a general!
-Ultimate Hacker: A cloaked Hacker that starts as a veteran and hacks $1 more per rank than a Super Hacker. Equipped with the ECM Tank’s missile-redirection abilities and can also capture buildings. Also can disable enemy vehicles. Can be built without a Propaganda Center.
-Red Guards cannot capture buildings, however. They are also trained one at a time, but for the same price tag.
-Internet Center is the same price, but is cloaked and can detect enemy stealth units that come by it
-Internet Center comes pre-loaded with the ability to permanently reveal the enemy command center. After being upgraded to intermittently reveal the entire territory of enemy forces, for the same price it can be upgraded to permanently reveal the entire map to the player, which will be undone if the Internet Center is destroyed.
-Listening Outpost is replaced by the Internet Outpost. Like the Internet Center, it helps Hackers hack faster, and the two Tank Hunters are replaced by two Ultimate Hackers. However, it costs $200 more than a Listening Outpost.
-Cybola Tank replaces ECM Tank. It costs the same and still requires a Propaganda Center, but instead of disabling vehicles, it will cause them or any base defense to go berserk, stop responding to the enemy’s commands, and attack their own units until one of these things happen: The enemy blows up their own unit, the Cybola Tank is destroyed or switches targets, or the enemy sells the defense (obviously doesn’t apply to vehicles). Still re-directs missiles.
-EMP Pulse is replaced with Scrambler Pulse. The explosion has the same effect as a Cybola Tank’s weapon.
-Ultimate Hackers can continually keep a vehicle shut down, at the price of keeping themselves unstealthed.
-Overlord is replaced with the Internet Master. It generates cash like a regular Hacker, which over time can increase it’s veterancy, but does not fire tank shells. It instead has to rely on whichever of the three Overlord attachments the player chooses for it. It can, however, disable enemy vehicles and aircraft, capture buildings, and steal from supply centers/stashes. Costs the same as a standard Overlord. Best part? It has a second life like the GLA Battle Bus, turning it into a Gattling Cannon, Bunker, or Speaker Tower that generates money after its initial death.
-Black Lotus Hero unit is replaced with the Lotus Android, for obvious reason (I mean, BLACK LOTUS is commanding this army and might not want to get onto the field herself). This unit is identical to the Super Lotus except that it does not start as a veteran, is equipped with Avenger-style laser defenses, and is vulnerable to EMP.
-Uranium Shells is omitted in favor of the “Faster Routers” Upgrade. This makes Ultimate Hackers, Internet Masters, Cybola Tanks, and Lotus Androids all hack/disable/capture/and generate cash at twice the speed. Same cost and research time.
-Command Center starts with radar.
-Nationalism unavailable
-Artillery Training is replaced with Cyber Training. Lotus Android will be build as a veteran, Internet Masters as veterans, Cybola Tanks as veterans, and Ultimate Hackers trained as Elites.
-Red Guard training unavailable
-MiG is $100 more expensive
-MiG Armor unavailable
-Helix costs the same, has twice the armor resistance, and starts with a Gattling Cannon and can still upgrade with a Bunker or Speaker Tower. (“Your small Chinooks are efficient, but I prefer the strength of our Helixes.”)
-Battlemaster and Gattling Tanks cost $100 more
-Nuclear Missile replaced with Matrix Tower. It has the same charge time as a Nuclear Missile, but instead will allow the player to capture any enemy building or unit and the enemy can’t do a thing about it. However, it costs $2000 more.

Description:
Lotus’ army is styled largely after her passion for hacking stuff. She excels at disabling enemy forces before she attacks or to stop an enemy advance on her base. She lacks very little of what a standard China general has, she just has different versions of their forces. Unfortunately, though she boasts an extremely strong economy in comparison to other factions, some of her main forces and what she spends her money on is either more expensive or inferior to other versions, such as the lack of Nationalism and more expensive main tank force. However, this is balanced again by the fact that her economy is already far stronger and harder to sever than the other Chinese generals, and that it is very easy for her to take what she wants with three capturing units at her disposal, meaning that whatever she lacks she can easily steal from others. Lotus proves that she is just as good at commanding an army as she is hacking enemy buildings.

Alright, so now, I ask for everyone, and especially AtomicSeerEight, to give their opinions on Trevor Cruiser, Feng List, and Elisa Lotus. Big Smile

Oh, and did you notice something? Cool

Trevor Cruiser
Cruiser! Crus-ader! Huh? HUH?! Shock Man, this pun is dead in the water. Forget I even asked. Disapprove

Edited by user Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:48:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Rivised the revisions for Feng

Offline Gameanater  
#159 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:14:13 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

General Robert Wilkes, USA Hi-Tech and Energy Weapon General

Hmm... I like him. He's pretty powerful, but he requires a lot of power and money to be able to actually do any real damage.
Offline V  
#160 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:47:52 PM(UTC)
V
Captain

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Don't the faster units like Humvees, Terrorists, Hero Units, and Technicals vastly outrun the Inferno Cannon's weapon?

I will agree with AllAreInPeril, that as it was, the Mortar Combatant was severely overpowered, though.

Quote:
-Mortar Combatants retain the $500 price tag, but their weapons instead have two-thirds the firepower of an Inferno Cannon and require twice as many projectiles to cause a firestorm

And still is. That needs either a higher price tag, or reduced range.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:49:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Grammer mistake

The mind is quicker than the eye.