Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline scachi  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 4:27:12 AM(UTC)
scachi
Private
Germany

Hello,

is it possible to change the engineers to be able to captures building of an ally force ?

Is found this in file LogicCommand.xml:
Code:
<LogicCommand
		Type="GARRISON_BUILDING"
		id="Command_CaptureBuilding"
		Options="NEED_TARGET_ENEMY_OBJECT">
		<SpecialPower>SpecialPowerCaptureControlPoint</SpecialPower>
		<AISpecialPowerInfo Heuristic="CAPTURE" Manager="TACTIC">
			<ObjectFilter Rule="ANY" Relationship="NEUTRAL ENEMIES" Include="HUSK STRUCTURE" Exclude="CIVILIAN_BUILDING"/>
		</AISpecialPowerInfo>
	</LogicCommand>

If copied this file to my mod folder, removed everything else from within this file and tried to set Options to "NEED_TARGET_ALLY_OBJECT", "NEED_TARGET_ENEMY_OBJECT NEED_TARGET_ALLY_OBJECT" and to "". I included edited file in my mod.xml but nothing changed. I could not command the unit to capture an ally building, the cursor does not change, even with ctrl key nothing happens.

Is it the wrong file, do I have to edit it somewhere else too or is it not possible at all ?

Sponsor
Offline ZeroMD  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 7:19:29 AM(UTC)
ZeroMD
Major
Red Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scachi Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

is it possible to change the engineers to be able to captures building of an ally force ?

Code:
<LogicCommand
		Type="GARRISON_BUILDING"
			<ObjectFilter Rule="ANY" Relationship="NEUTRAL ENEMIES" Include="HUSK STRUCTURE" Exclude="CIVILIAN_BUILDING"/>
		</AISpecialPowerInfo>
	</LogicCommand>

If copied this file to my mod folder, removed everything else from within this file and tried to set Options to "NEED_TARGET_ALLY_OBJECT", "NEED_TARGET_ENEMY_OBJECT NEED_TARGET_ALLY_OBJECT" and to "". I included edited file in my mod.xml but nothing changed. I could not command the unit to capture an ally building, the cursor does not change, even with ctrl key nothing happens.

Is it the wrong file, do I have to edit it somewhere else too or is it not possible at all ?

I think that you need to add ALLIES in the Relationship attribute of the ObjectFilter
TRA AI developer / hacker, TRA developer, TRA Music hacker, RA3 Trancending Mod creator
Offline scachi  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 11:52:20 AM(UTC)
scachi
Private
Germany

Originally Posted by: ZeroMD Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: scachi Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Code:
<LogicCommand
		Type="GARRISON_BUILDING"
		</AISpecialPowerInfo>
	</LogicCommand>

I think that you need to add ALLIES in the Relationship attribute of the ObjectFilter

I thought the AISpecialPowerInfo tag is used for AI only and it does not matter for human players. Adding ALLIES didn't change anything. Setting Relationship to ALLIES only seems to have no effect too. I still could capture neutral and enemy buildings. Maybe I am missing something as the changes don't seems to have any effect.
Offline Stratofortress-B-7  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 11:17:32 PM(UTC)
Stratofortress-B-7
Private
Greece

That would have worked greatly in the operations to take Geneva in the Soviet Campaign(:
The Pilot is having some, flashbacks, so to speak.
Offline erum  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 4:20:13 AM(UTC)
erum
Private

thank you for your help and patience.