Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gen. Shaffer  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 1:25:28 PM(UTC)
Gen. Shaffer
Private

Hey all, Gen. Shaffer here with a quick question about the AI Mod...the biggest beef I have with vanilla CnC overall, is that the enemy sends X waves of attackers at you, and then just quits, basically. And if you can survive that, you're golden. What I want is an unending battle, basically...or at least tougher/more waves. I know with original CnC, the way it was coded, the enemies could only be sent in waves, and what I was wondering if this was changed at all with all the other modifications the AI mod seems to add?

Hopefully my question isn't too rambly, and can get some answers. :D
The war has only just begun.
Sponsor
Offline AEI  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:48:36 PM(UTC)
AEI
Private

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi.
This happens with the vanilla AI due to various reasons.
Most often when it runs out of money.
In the Advanced AI Mod the AI will expand faster, will build better secondary economy /more black markets etc./, and will go after tech buildings a lot more aggressively and efficiently.

In addition, there are many teams in vanilla that do not attack the enemy.
Sometimes units use wrong or inactive attack scripts, there are bugs which could cause teams to freeze for the rest of the game, there are many problems with the sneak attack teams, and other mistakes as well..

The good news is that i managed to fix most of those teams and freezing bugs in the last two versions of the mod /v2.5 and v2.6/, so you will find huge /while not perfect/ improvement in the Advanced AI Mod.

Edited by user Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:49:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Gen. Shaffer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 6:53:13 PM(UTC)
Gen. Shaffer
Private

Wow. :) Thank you for the quick reply to my question. Helps greatly, and I know I'm gonna have a lot of fun with the advanced AI mod.
The war has only just begun.