What you need to know:
Retarded Defense is an elaborate game type that fusses concepts from Tower Defense, Art of Defense, and Left 4 Dead.
With this map introduces a whole new concept, the AI Director. Whoever decides to select the player starting location off the map will be given this role. The AI Director is the player who commands all the AI that spawn onto the map.
What the AI Director is asked to do:
1. Destroy all Non-Director Players or have a unit complete the path.
What Non-Director Players are asked do:
1. Stop enemy units from completing the path.
2. Survive enemy attack waves controlled by the AI Director
3. Be able to work with hostile teammates.
What the AI Director should know:
1. All units will automatically move along the path, unless told otherwise by the AI Director. Only units that aren't disturbed by the AI Director complete the path.
2. AI Director has no MCV and no way to create units.
3. The size of each wave given to the AI Director by the map are decided by coded dice roll.
4. Any Shogun Executioners that are given to the AI Director will only be command-able after four minutes on the map.
5. The AI Director can use player special abilities, such as the Chrono Swap and Balloon Bombs.
6. Some units the AI Director owns cannot be moved by the AI Director.
What Non-Director Players should know:
1. Players start with $69,000.
2. Players have Two MCVs.
3. Players are given $2000 every 12 seconds by the map.
4. At the start of the game players are given some time to prep for the incoming waves.
5. Players don't have to kill another player in order to win.
What hosts of Retarded Defense games should know:
1. There is no need to set teams.
2. There is no need to change start cash.
3. It is fun to make sure everyone doesn't pick a starting location in order to get a random AI Director.
4. Players can be substituted by Computer Opponents, including the AI Director.
Max Players: 2