Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline haitham2010  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 8:41:40 AM(UTC)
haitham2010
Private

I installed Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour (CnC ZH) today, and wen i tried to play it, it says this...

Technical Difficulties....

You have encountered a serious error. Serious errors can be caused by many things like viruses, overheated hardware, hardware not supporting the minimum system requirements...blah..blah...

and at the bottom there is a "OK" button.. thats it..

So wat shud be done for this ?? I successfully played CnC Gen, CnC 3 Tiberium WArs on my PC (P-4, 2Ghz, 2GB DDR RAM, nVIDIA Ge Force 7600 GS--256 MB)
Sponsor
Offline seanapo  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2010 10:40:19 PM(UTC)
seanapo
Private

WTF..I just brought the new HP dv6-2170ee and updated it to Windows 7 Ultimate...64bit..Command and Conquer Generals & Zero Hour was the first game to install but after installation when clicking on the shortcut, the game logo starts and after that...it hangs and give me the same problem as you are facing....haitham2010....well hope someone can sort this out
Offline Drummin  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 8:09:13 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Do you think it's a compatibility issue running on a 64bit system? I don't know. Maybe something in this post might help.
Offline legio  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2010 6:37:16 AM(UTC)
legio
Private

"You have encountered a serious error. Serious errors can be caused by many things like viruses, overheated hardware, hardware not supporting the minimum system requirements...blah..blah.."

ROFL! Got that one too..but ONLY on ONE specific 6 players skirmish map with the maximum of hard players.

It is NOT a compatibility issue or a resource problem; as I already did ALL of the other maps even the 8 players maps with the maximum of hard opponents, all of them; and didn't had a single problem!

The funny thing is that I completed that specific map on Easy to check if it is a coding problem...weird.

So as any good little customer..I tote the problem was with my system; so I updated ALL of my drivers and DiretcX, ran another anti virus, closed all background apps running, did a fresh reboot after a cool off period, heck! I even changed my socks and underwear just to be sure: Nothing. Always the same crash on the same maps.

Therefore, after removing all the possible causes and possibilities, what remains, even if it sound impossible is the only logical solution: The game itself have a problem.

Edited by user Monday, March 15, 2010 6:42:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Drummin  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2010 10:53:33 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Legio: What map? Some official maps have problems as well as many custom maps found around the internet.
Offline unleashed01  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2010 11:04:08 AM(UTC)
unleashed01
Private

Hey,

I posted a solution to this problem in another thread, perhaps you guys would like to read it

http://www.cnclabs.com/f....aspx?g=posts&t=9377
Offline hamed_tay  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 9:33:21 PM(UTC)
hamed_tay
Private

hi
i updated my computer :

cpu :2200 intel (dual core

ram : 3 gig

vga : 9500 gt giga

mb: p5 kpl-se

H.D.D : 500 GIG MAXTOR

when i play game (GENERAL ZERO HOUR ) after 2 & 3 min my computer freeze and my mous and keyboard will hang but some times they work but nothing can do just RESTART system and my voice is freeze too

befor i updated my system i have no problem with it
so i do these for solving problem:

1-instal patch
2-update my all drivers
3-change the cpu setting that use 1 cpu
4-install last directx 9
5-change my document game setting
6-re-install the game

BUT NON OF THEM CANT SOLVE MY PROBLEM

I CANT CHANGE MY OS

i test all the things in this post but non of them work for me

i change my vga & cpu & mb but it steel have problem i think may be it is for my os SP3 i instaled lot of games but have no problem with them just GENERAL ZERO HOUR

PLZ HELP ME FOR WINDOWS XP SP3
Offline PiNoY18  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 9:03:22 PM(UTC)
PiNoY18
Private

Guys help please?Question just instaled C&C Generals and my prob is the same with you guys. I run the game in my Windows XP Sp2 with 256 ramAshamed but i ran all of the .bat files too but still won't work.....really want to play this gameWeeping
Offline NeilAbangan  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:23:31 AM(UTC)
NeilAbangan
Private

Hello Guys I have the same problem too but when i play I see my maps terrain turning black please help me with my problem
Offline tommo0001  
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2014 10:55:17 PM(UTC)
tommo0001
Private
Australia

THIS IS AN ACTUAL FIX IF YOU HAVE THE GAME ON ORIGIN: I have contacted EA help after having the exact same error message: technical issues, serious error...etc as stated above when trying to start the game, after trying many fixes what they told me to do that makes it work is log in to origin, in the top left there is a tab that say's origin, click on that, then go to application settings - origin in game - and then uncheck the box that say's enable origin in game so it is off and thats all then it worked. This is after trying all the other stuff like changing the options.ini file etc and none of that worked.

Edited by user Saturday, February 22, 2014 10:56:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline VTULCobra  
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 8:06:13 AM(UTC)
VTULCobra
Major
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Sweden

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Stick to old-fashioned discs that require no Origin Thumb Up
Rank up!
Offline 54jj4d  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 3:07:12 AM(UTC)
54jj4d
Private
Iran (Islamic Republic Of)

hey guys

i just have this problem in the MP loading bar game ...
i replace option.ini but still have it .... :\
Offline muataz  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:24:09 PM(UTC)
muataz
Private

Originally Posted by: haitham2010 Go to Quoted Post
I installed Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour (CnC ZH) today, and wen i tried to play it, it says this...

Technical Difficulties....

You have encountered a serious error. Serious errors can be caused by many things like viruses, overheated hardware, hardware not supporting the minimum system requirements...blah..blah...

and at the bottom there is a "OK" button.. thats it..

So wat shud be done for this ?? I successfully played CnC Gen, CnC 3 Tiberium WArs on my PC (P-4, 2Ghz, 2GB DDR RAM, nVIDIA Ge Force 7600 GS--256 MB)

BRO JUST TRY TO INSTALL THE REGISTRY TOO ITS IMPORTANT .
NOW I PLAY IT ON WIN 8 64 BIT I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.
BEFORE U INSTALL THE GAME STOP THE ANTI-VIRUS AND WALL PROTECT AND TRY
Offline Legionnaire  
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2022 6:33:29 AM(UTC)
Legionnaire
Private
Malta

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This problem has been fixed now. I'm just adding this here in case someone finds this post.

Search Google for 'GenPatcher'. Download it, run it, and click on 'Apply Fixes', and your game will work.
. . . . . . . . https://youtube.com/c/LegionnaireGenerals .. for if you're bored..