Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ladman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:56:54 AM(UTC)
ladman
Private

Im new to map making for zero hour. I have a map i made that is 800x800. \Everything works, but when you go to play the map, only a section of it is shown to play on. Is there a scale option to fix this? The resizeing tab in the drop down menu only shrinks the map to play on. In the past i made a 600 map that works fine, shows you everything to play on. what is the problem?
Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:04:26 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
The border isn't placed properly. Click on the border tool and move the top right corner of the orange square until it covers the whole map.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:05:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline Drummin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 6:29:00 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Annihationzh is correct. Be sure you have show Map Boundaries checked off under View, then click "Ctrl i" on your keyboard. This will allow you to see the map boundary line that's shown by a dark blue band around you map. Using the Border tool, grab (click and hold) the top-right corner of the Active Border, that's shown in orange and drag it out to match the blue band.

By the way, 800x800 is really too big. The buildable area of a base should be at least 1000 feet and then a little more room around that for the outer perimeter. So you could almost stack all eight bases along one side of a map sized 800 (8000 feet).
Offline woowaaweewaa  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 3:40:48 PM(UTC)
woowaaweewaa
Private

Hello I'm. Bit late to this thread, does anyone know the exact size of the largest map you can make before the ai doesn't work? May thanks
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2022 10:27:32 PM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Philippines

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Based on our experience, we concluded that 400x400 is the largest yet optimum one before ai collapses like a doodoo.

You can download the community worldbuilder manual for more information or join the discord community for more information like this.

https://discord.gg/tJ6zyGb
A part of ZH worldbuilders map making community
https://discord.gg/tJ6zyGb

UserPostedImage