Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline SUPER-G  
#81 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2014 3:27:56 PM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Hmm...

Faction: Royal Canadian Legion
Specialty: Faster Veterancy

Advanced Training already purchased
Underpowered Patriot Missile System (2 missiles)

New Units:

ADATS [replaces microwave tank] ($1200)- anti-air/anti-tank vehicle with a gatling cannon on one side, and a missle launcher on the other.

Leopard Tank [replaces crusader tank] ($800) - Tank with small machine gun on top (not gatling, more like technical), otherwise a normal tank.

Crane [replaces Dozer] ($1100) - Builds units 50% faster

Arrow [replaces Aurora] ($1600) - 10 raptor missles, 2 bunker buster missles for a total of 12. Fast as raptor. A little OP but expensive.

That's all my immense imagination can create for now.
Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in
one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom. - Anton Lavey

thanks 1 user thanked SUPER-G for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 12/17/2014(UTC)
Offline jfftjlv12345  
#82 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2014 9:38:54 PM(UTC)
jfftjlv12345
Captain
Philippines

Same as me. I don't even know how to mod, however, the ideas were good enough.
Offline jfftjlv12345  
#83 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2014 8:36:24 PM(UTC)
jfftjlv12345
Captain
Philippines

How to promote in this site?
Offline jfftjlv12345  
#84 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2014 8:37:28 PM(UTC)
jfftjlv12345
Captain
Philippines

Offline UTD^Force  
#85 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2014 8:11:11 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jfftjlv12345 Go to Quoted Post

You can get promoted by posting more posts.
As example:
Captain 50 posts, as I think.
Major 100 posts, as I think.
Colonel 500 posts.
General 1000 posts.
Commander in Chief 2000+ posts.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 3, 2014 8:12:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs
thanks 1 user thanked UTD^Force for this useful post.
jfftjlv12345 on 12/8/2014(UTC)
Offline jfftjlv12345  
#86 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2014 10:04:41 PM(UTC)
jfftjlv12345
Captain
Philippines

Thanks....
Offline Commander Ned  
#87 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2015 2:11:30 PM(UTC)
Commander Ned
Private

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Here's a good General. But some may think he is overpowered.

GLA General Abdul Aziz "Dollar" Ali
Speciality: Money

Abilities:

1- Can build Oil Derricks costing $1000, and bringing $100 every 20 seconds.
2- Supply Center costs $500 less and workers bring in $25 more.
3- An upgrade is available at the Palace called "Worker Pack" allowing workers to bring in $175. The upgrade costs $2500.
4- Scrap from any unit brings in double.
5- Black Market costs $100 less.

Disadvantages:

1- His Arms Dealer costs $200 more, and all tanks cost $100 more. (Looks like General Muhammad had a fight with his Arms Dealer...)
2- His workers from the Command Center cost $100 more.
3- Has no booby trap.
4- Has no Scorpion and Rocket Buggy.
5- Has no Terrorist and Rebels cost $100 more.

I hope you don't view General Abdul Aziz as an overpowered General and I hope some of you may cooperate to improve General General Abdul Aziz "Dollar" Ali.
Thanks.

Edited by user Saturday, January 3, 2015 3:08:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hey! Its Commander Ned here! Check out my videos on YouTube:

USA Gameplay:
!
China Gameplay:

Also check out my topic on C&C Labs Forums » C&C Generals Discussion » C&C Generals and Zero Hour:

Create your Unit!

I wanna get as many responses as possible!

Offline SUPER-G  
#88 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2015 2:14:27 PM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
Canada

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Doesn't seem OP to me, i mean, he's got less units (the rocket buggy is a very useful unit IMO) and has to work with what he's got. he would be good for new players because they may not have to worry about running out of funds. My question is, for the oil derricks, are there any tech structures required for it (aka Palace?).

Edited by user Thursday, January 1, 2015 2:15:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in
one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom. - Anton Lavey

Offline Commander Ned  
#89 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2015 2:24:16 PM(UTC)
Commander Ned
Private

I removed the Rocket Buggy and the Scorpion since for both units there are more EXPENSIVE and better units. (SCUD Launcher and Marauder.) For the Oil Derrick you only need Arms Dealer. Its like an extra but worse Black Market. Black Market requires Palace, but the Oil Derrick only requires Arms Dealer. And yes, you are right, he is an appropriate General for Newbies who do not want to worry about money.

USA Gameplay:
!
China Gameplay:

Also check out my topic on C&C Labs Forums » C&C Generals Discussion » C&C Generals and Zero Hour:

Create your Unit!

Offline Hell Warrior  
#90 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2015 8:03:28 AM(UTC)
Hell Warrior
Private

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey guys. I thought I would make up a unique US general that is dramatically more difficult, but possibly more rewarding to use.
Name: Mark Razor Statford
Class: 4 Star General
Specialty: Bombardment

Description:
Strengths:
This general focuses on promotion points as a method to defeat his enemies.
He has 15 promotion points to spend, and starts off with two. The first "tier" of promotions contains the first level of the thunderbolt (A10) strike and the Artillery Barrage. (These two promotions need 3 minutes to load)

The second tier contains the second and third level of the thunderbolt strike. (The third level unlocks an thunderbolt strike of 4 planes). It hosts the second and third level of the artillery barrage, all three levels of the specter gunship, the leaflet drop, and the carpet bomber.

The final tier encompasses the mother of all bombs, the EMP pulse strike, and the toxin bomb.

His strategy center can periodically call a squad of auroras to bombard the enemy, and automatically starts with bombardment stratgey.

Colonel Burton may paratroop rangers every 2 minutes into the enemy base.

Weaknesses:
To make up for all this extravaganza, this general needs to pay dearly. He may not build superweapons, he lacks the main battle tank, paladin, and tomahawk launcher. His missile launchers come at a cost of 450. He may not build Comanches. Although less than his strengths, such loss of arsenal can be crippling.

Feel free (although you probably don't want to) to view my short vidoes displayig the awesomeness of each of the 9 zero hour generals!) Like comment and share if you like them! (I doubt it heheheh)
Airforce: http://youtu.be/0f-oucFRGLo
Laser: http://youtu.be/DvXtqaZfihs
Superweapon: http://youtu.be/BR4OAVuh968
More to come soon? :)
This is Chaos Warrior's new account.
Offline Commander Ned  
#91 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2015 3:15:15 PM(UTC)
Commander Ned
Private

By the way, I'm just asking...Anyone want to make a mod with my General? Abdul Aziz "Dollar" Ali? Read above and tell me here!

Edited by user Friday, January 2, 2015 3:17:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

USA Gameplay:
!
China Gameplay:

Create your Unit!

Offline Annihilationzh  
#92 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2015 6:52:51 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Commander Ned Go to Quoted Post
I removed the Rocket Buggy and the Scorpion since for both units there are more EXPENSIVE and better units. (SCUD Launcher and Marauder.)

The most overpowered unit in this game is the rockvee (humvee filled with rocket troops); it single-handedly makes the US capable of winning a competitive game. It's hard hitting, fast and has more range than most enemies.

Now consider that despite having less fire power, the rocket buggy is faster, longer range, and less than half the price of a rockvee. When played properly, they cannot be stopped by anything except air units. Unlike the SCUD launcher, they can also break through avengers. On the other hand, the scud launcher is tied with the tomahawk for the worst artillery in the game because they are hopeless against avengers.

Also, GLA General Abdul Aziz "Dollar" Ali is definitely overpowered. Consider that stealth general has 7% cheaper quad cannons; competitive players have debated on whether or not this needs to be removed to balance him. Your oil derricks are 20% cheaper per cash generation compared to a black market, the workers collect resources 33% faster and with a couple of supply centres, the general has already got a tremendous advantage over the other factions. His only true weakness is his lack of rocket buggies late game, but by that point, he's already won or has virtually complete map control.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
thanks 1 user thanked Annihilationzh for this useful post.
Annihilationzh on 1/15/2015(UTC)
Offline Commander Ned  
#93 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 3:58:05 AM(UTC)
Commander Ned
Private

Thanks for posting your opinion.
First of all, I think that although the Rockvee may be excellent, it lacks many things that make something an unstoppable unit. First and foremost, HP! The Rockvee has very little HP compared to other units and although it can pack a punch, it is terrible in face to face combat. Plus, unlike the Rocket Buggy, the Rockvee has a small chance of escaping from a group of fast tanks (like General Nuke's Overlord), and will be easily slaughtered when the tanks arrive. At that moment (the slaughtering moment) another weakness surfaces. The missile launchers that make this unit so tough die with it.

I would also like to argue about what you said about the SCUD Launcher compared to the Rocket Buggy. First of all, while the Rocket Buggy may stand a chance against an Avenger, it's damage is not even comparable to that of a SCUD. Plus, the SCUD and the Tomahawk Missile Launcher are the worst artillery in the game only when put against the Avenger. (Please note that in hoardes, any launcher unit can overcome the Avenger.) Otherwise, the SCUD Launcher can cause havoc that the Rocket Buggy just simply can't cause. Therefore, I removed the Rocket Buggy, since there is a more EXPENSIVE GLA launcher unit that does sufficient damage and can cause havoc in groups.

You also addressed the point that my General is too overpowered early game. Well I agree. His quick money-gaining methods give him a supreme advantage early game. But, he has nothing to use this money on due to his lack of tanks. What you said about already winning or having Map Domination, well, that all depends on how the player uses my General. Also, he has many other weaknesses like lacking Scorpions late game, which are very good if you want a fast army that can destroy easily and efficiently. Plus, his Rebels cost more. This is especially hindering whilst sending out units to capture oil derricks and can cause serious troubles early game. Also, his lack of Terrorists make him a horrible rusher, which makes him worse early game.
But anyways, thanks for posting your opinion. I would like more people to do this so we can improve my General together and make him a general fit for gameplay.
PS. If anyone still wants to make a mod containing General Abdul Aziz, PM me and we will discuss the details.

Thanks!

Edited by user Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:08:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

USA Gameplay:
!
China Gameplay:

Create your Unit!

thanks 1 user thanked Commander Ned for this useful post.
Gameanater on 1/3/2015(UTC)
Offline Hell Warrior  
#94 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 4:17:28 AM(UTC)
Hell Warrior
Private

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Dude, apart from that interesting debate over here I would like to tell you that your general is very basic and has no interesting new untis that would incite others to include him in an entire mod! Usually, I suppose, modders focus on extravagant things like completely new play style and units, and while this general could have been implemented in the vanilla version of the game, it is difficult to imagine including his very zero-hour-like play in a mod, since all he boasts are price changes and missing units, which are not usually the things modders focus on when building generals. No offense though, and this general could probably make a fair one for a zero hour mod that simply focuses on new generals, same units and all.
Feel free (although you probably don't want to) to view my short vidoes displayig the awesomeness of each of the 9 zero hour generals!) Like comment and share if you like them! (I doubt it heheheh)
Airforce: http://youtu.be/0f-oucFRGLo
Laser: http://youtu.be/DvXtqaZfihs
Superweapon: http://youtu.be/BR4OAVuh968
More to come soon? :)
This is Chaos Warrior's new account.
Offline Commander Ned  
#95 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:04:36 AM(UTC)
Commander Ned
Private

I see what you mean, it would be kind of a waste to make a mod dedicated to him. Maybe someone could make a mod that includes some generals mentioned in this topic. The mod would be a zero-hour mod, same game, same everything but more generals. Maybe a mod with an option called General Builder. But it would be really cool to see our general creations come to life and be incorporated in game. So calling all modders that want to help!

Edited by user Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:06:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

USA Gameplay:
!
China Gameplay:

Create your Unit!

Offline Annihilationzh  
#96 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 1:21:21 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Quote:
First of all, I think that although the Rockvee may be excellent, it lacks many things that make something an unstoppable unit. First and foremost, HP! The Rockvee has very little HP compared to other units and although it can pack a punch, it is terrible in face to face combat.

The range and speed of the rockvee makes that completely irrelevant. When a tank gets near it, the rockvee turns around and drives off. The missiles take a couple of volleys and heavily damage the tank with minimal damage to itself, especially with the low range tanks. I've never seen a competitive player attempting to use a tank against a rockvee. It's a suicide mission.

Quote:
Plus, unlike the Rocket Buggy, the Rockvee has a small chance of escaping from a group of fast tanks (like General Nuke's Overlord)

How exactly? The rocket buggy's speed is 90 and its range is 300 compared to the nuclear overlord's 40 and 175. Unless you're playing against a retard, it is incredibly easy to avoid the tank.

Quote:
(Please note that in hoardes, any launcher unit can overcome the Avenger.)

Do you jest? No one in their right mind will use something that expensive and useless against the avenger. One rocket buggy can break through one avenger, and they can hit and run. The scud launcher can't do anything of the sort. You drastically underestimate the power of a hit and run strategy, which tells me you're probably basing your idea of balance on facing the AI.

Quote:
But, he has nothing to use this money on due to his lack of tanks.

Stealth general gets along fine without scorpions, and your general still has the Marauder. You seem to really overestimate tanks.

Quote:
What you said about already winning or having Map Domination, well, that all depends on how the player uses my General.

If someone is playing to win, these are what will happen with an overpowered general regardless of their tactics.

Quote:
Also, he has many other weaknesses like lacking Scorpions late game, which are very good if you want a fast army that can destroy easily and efficiently.

Scorpions are completely outclassed by the battle bus late game. Scorpions are a niche unit. It's unfortunate, but true. Competitive Generals is based entirely around rocket troops.

Quote:
Plus, his Rebels cost more.

Not according to your post. You gave Rebels a 33% discount.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline Gameanater  
#97 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 2:45:00 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Annihilationzh Go to Quoted Post
\\
Quote:
Also, he has many other weaknesses like lacking Scorpions late game, which are very good if you want a fast army that can destroy easily and efficiently.

Scorpions are completely outclassed by the battle bus late game. Scorpions are a niche unit. It's unfortunate, but true. Competitive Generals is based entirely around rocket troops.

This IS true, but Battle Buses MUCH longer to build AND you have to spend the money and build time with RPG Troopers and whatever else you fill them with, even with Tunnel/Toxin Networks. Scorpions are still a cheapish, effective unit for the job. The Battle Bus is signifigantly more powerful when filled with RPG Troopers, but it's way more expensive AND takes a crapton more time to build. Especially if you want several of them.
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline Gameanater  
#98 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 2:49:24 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: Annihilationzh Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
First of all, I think that although the Rockvee may be excellent, it lacks many things that make something an unstoppable unit. First and foremost, HP! The Rockvee has very little HP compared to other units and although it can pack a punch, it is terrible in face to face combat.

You can counter the Rawkitvee with a few Avengers, which provide enough defense to neutralize the Missile Defender's missiles and the TOW Missiles, leaving the Humvees to use their machine guns. Plus the targeting assistance lets your units kill the Rawkitvee easier.

China can also use ECM Tanks, causing everything except for the machine gun to miss the tank every single time. Plus, with being able to disable the Humvee, you effectively reduce the Rawkitvee to have only the Missile Defenders firing (if I remember how the ECM disabling works correctly), which is already made useless by the ECM re-directing it into the ground.

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline Gameanater  
#99 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 2:51:37 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: Commander Ned Go to Quoted Post
I see what you mean, it would be kind of a waste to make a mod dedicated to him. Maybe someone could make a mod that includes some generals mentioned in this topic. The mod would be a zero-hour mod, same game, same everything but more generals. Maybe a mod with an option called General Builder. But it would be really cool to see our general creations come to life and be incorporated in game. So calling all modders that want to help!

True. He's closer to a vanilla ZH general, so I think he could actually fit into the existing game perfectly.

Unfortunitely, I think a General Builder would be practically impossible to create through modding, if you and i are thinking of the same kind of tool.
Offline Commander Ned  
#100 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2015 3:40:01 PM(UTC)
Commander Ned
Private

Quote:
"You can counter the Rawkitvee with a few Avengers, which provide enough defense to neutralize the Missile Defender's missiles and the TOW Missiles, leaving the Humvees to use their machine guns. Plus the targeting assistance lets your units kill the Rawkitvee easier.

China can also use ECM Tanks, causing everything except for the machine gun to miss the tank every single time. Plus, with being able to disable the Humvee, you effectively reduce the Rawkitvee to have only the Missile Defenders firing (if I remember how the ECM disabling works correctly), which is already made useless by the ECM re-directing it into the ground."
Gameanater

I agree with that 100%. Frankly, you seem to be really overestimating the power of the Rockvee. Maybe this unit is "supreme" relative to tanks, but you stated that it is the most overpowered unit in the game! I think that it is no match to Jarmen Kell, and a Heroic Colonel Burton. Jarmen Kell can easily snipe the Rockvee disabling it, and sending the missile launchers outside the tank. But this leaves the player with units to fill the Rockvee. On the other hand, Burton can easily slaughter the Rockvee. Plus, a bomb truck that is strategically placed would destroy and annihilate the Rockvee. Also, many kinds of airforce, especially the Aurora Bomber can easily take down the Rockvee. Therefore it is definitely NOT the most overpowered unit in the game.

Plus, you may have misunderstood my point when I said:
"Plus, unlike the Rocket Buggy, the Rockvee has a small chance of escaping from a group of fast tanks (like General Nuke's Overlord)"
I mean that unlike the Rocket Bugggy, who has a BIG chance of escaping, the Rockvee has a small one.

As for the Rocket Buggy, I, like you, admire hit and run strategies. They are technically unbeatable unless previously prepared for. For example, before the Rocket Buggy arrives, Jarmen Kell can be placed next to the arrival point of the Buggy and take him down. Plus airforce can take down the Rocket Buggy.

And the pricing of the Rebels, well, that was a typo. I meant to write that they cost $100 MORE.

P.S: I'm not that good at quoting so excuse me....

Edited by user Saturday, January 3, 2015 3:42:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

USA Gameplay:
!
China Gameplay:

Create your Unit!