Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline CommieDog  
#21 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 12:44:39 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
That's giving EA too much credit for innovation, Luckie. I'm sure EA will add a Prism tech subfaction in the inevitable RA3 expansion.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline CG Apollos  
#22 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 6:09:56 PM(UTC)
CG Apollos
Commander in Chief

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
MicScoTho wrote:
No prism technology...?
Unfortunately, no. Prism Tanks and Prism Towers were some of my favorite Allied weaponry...
Luckie wrote:
I can feel the EA marketing wheels turning: "Prism tech will available as an optional digitally distributed addon download for 1000 Microsoft points. In other news, the storyline and multiplayer will be available for unannounced nominal fee."
I'm not giving them any more than the game's retail price. Add-ons other than a full expansion or extended campaign would be stupid because everybody would be seperated in online play with a bunch of different little pieces.

If they charge a fee for the multiplayer, especially in an MMORPG fashion, then they are not getting any money out of me. There's no way that I would pay $5 or $10 per month just for RA3, especially when all of the previous C&C games have had free online play.
CommieDog wrote:
That's giving EA too much credit for innovation, Luckie. I'm sure EA will add a Prism tech subfaction in the inevitable RA3 expansion.
That's definitely something to consider, seeing that KW has the "Steel Talons" subfaction. Secondly, in the last magazine photo, it says that "Prism tech (essentially lasers) is AWOL", which is a military term that means "absent without leave". It's not completely out of the game.

Edited by user Saturday, February 23, 2008 6:10:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline incia  
#23 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 2:57:54 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief

And isn't there rumors that Yuri will be in the expansion?

My thought was actually that Yuri would come with a new strike force, but this time having;
Brutes (deformed)
Virus (and other weird units)
More submarines
Mind-control technology
Prism technology
Offline randomperson  
#24 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:09:29 AM(UTC)
randomperson
Colonel

no, I believe that yuri was ruled out of the game
UserPostedImage
Offline Firion Corodix  
#25 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 12:18:39 PM(UTC)
Firion Corodix
General

If Yuri comes back he'd have chronotechnology (since he's stuck in the past and would need that to get back) and all kinds of raptors (genetically engineered so they are small, fast and deadly, or large and strong) as infantry instead of that standard infantry unit he had and his brutes. But of course that wouldn't happen since he could just travel to the early 20th century and capture the world then, or the 19th century even, whenever he wishes, so I doubt yuri will come back from the past he was send to unless EA likes to make a very useless story for an expansion pack.
UserPostedImage
Offline incia  
#26 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 9:06:27 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief

He's rumored to be in the exp -_-

And chrono tech is Allied technology.