Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ZIP_G  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2007 10:25:10 AM(UTC)
ZIP_G
Private

HI. so i just bought CNC3 and when i try to install it gives me and error saying cannot find MoivesN.big file so i tryed copying the cd to hard drive and it wont let me copy MoivesN.big file to my hard drive. ANY ideas? or could nayone send me that file please?

Edited by moderator Sunday, April 1, 2007 11:44:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline Firion Corodix  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2007 11:45:07 AM(UTC)
Firion Corodix
General

are there any scratches on the cd? any damage at all?
it might be that the file is corrupt, if that´s the case then the best thing to do would be to go back to the shop where you bought the game and exchange it for another copy of the game.
UserPostedImage
Offline goonhand  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2007 6:11:10 AM(UTC)
goonhand
Private

Cool I tried your solution by having ebgames send me a replacement disk, but I still received the same error message. And also, I don't know if you received the same error message: but on both occasions I received this message upon first installing the disk. "direct access component has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Any help anyone could offer so I could at least get the program to install would be most appreciated.
The following solutions I have tried, but to no avail:
elimianted all background tasks
updated my drivers, including the dvd drive firmware
checked the disk for scratches or dust(both the original and the replacement were free of each)
got a replacement disk
tried it in another dvd drive
In order to offer further assistance, I am including in this e-mail my directx system specs.
Thanks for any and all help; more than I would receive from ea!!!!!
Offline goonhand  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2007 6:21:10 AM(UTC)
goonhand
Private

CoolSorry about that, but he progrma would not let me access the copied direct-x info. But here are my system specs anyway:
amd athlon xp 2700+ processor
1 gig of ram
nvidia geforce fx 5900 video card
sb audigy 2 audio card
Again thanks for any and all help

Offline Firion Corodix  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2007 6:23:58 AM(UTC)
Firion Corodix
General

how old is your dvd drive? I read something on the official forums about some DVD drives having problems with reading the dvd´s
UserPostedImage
Offline Stewox  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2007 1:36:05 PM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

yes its about drive , i have a CD drive with ability to read (only) DVD and its a bit old, so i also wasnt able to install , it was some other file MP.cab , and report was similar to that what ZIP_G got , also i explored in CNC3 DVD for MP.cab and it didnt open it was an archive error , WAIT don't use Win Zip in cab files , most archives are originaly made from WinRar , then file opened normally , but even when i get rid of Winzip it wouldn't install , but hopefully it can be fixed , just find a friend who have CnC3 installed and copy that FOLDER (.cab goes to folder type when installing) or if is only the file like MoviesN.big , copy whole folder where this file is , than to your PC and paste it in CnC3 main folder , when installing browse that folder where fix folder is , however installer will install as needed , piece of cake
hmm goonhand , about 'tried on another DVD drive' that means another dvd drive is old too , but maybe its not just age its quality and how better it is , mine isnt quite old but its not good enough.
EDIT: whoop, my drive is about 4 years old hehe , the same PC is , but i have upgraded it well

Edited by user Saturday, April 7, 2007 1:40:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Firion Corodix  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2007 9:02:28 PM(UTC)
Firion Corodix
General

If possible try installing on another pc just in case, a friend´s if possible, and see if it still has thesame read errors. My dvd drive is 5 years old but works fine but i´ve also seen people having problems with 3 year old dvd drives. (ea is good at making a mess out of things every now and then)
UserPostedImage
Offline renaissance  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2007 2:35:31 PM(UTC)
renaissance
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
Canada

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
It could simply mean that his CD/DVD drive is losing intensity; time to chuck it (possibly).
UserPostedImage
Offline firstknight  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2007 8:41:42 PM(UTC)
firstknight
Private

It seems like I am having the problem. Will anyone be kindly enough to upload the MovieN.big file? THanks...
Offline SANDIEGOREEF  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:31:03 AM(UTC)
SANDIEGOREEF
Private

Hi There,
I had the same problem installing C&C 3 with an error message that read that the file MoviesN.big was either corrupt or missing. I then copied the disk to my hard drive, where I recieve the message that MoviesN.big was missing. I check the disk and it seemed as though it was there, but I was unable to copy that file. I continued with copying the rest of the disk, which copied fine. I then located where MoviesN.big was supposed to be, copied the Movies.big file that was in that same folder that MoviesN.big was supposed to be and renamed the copied Movies.big file to MoviesN.big. I then started the installaton process from my hard drive and it installed perfectly. The only problem that will probably happen is that when the movie sequence happens when I play the Nod portion of the game play I will get the Movies.big movie instead of the MoviesN.big movie, but the game itself should play fine.

I contacted EA about this issue and they want me to send in the DVD w/ a copy of the receipt and they will replace it. They currently do not have a fix for this issue. This issue is probably pretty low on the priority list of fixes for a new game. Unfortunately, I am really into the game right now and do not want to wait for the replacement of the DVD to come.

Let me know it you have any luck!!
Grow a pair