Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Garganoth  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 9:18:15 AM(UTC)
Garganoth
Private

Im just wondering if there is anyway to increase the amount of cash a supply dock/pile has, as I feel it runs out too quickly, and I don't have Zero Hour to get any of the big fancy mods.
Yarr.
Sponsor
Offline fleetatks  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 1:38:19 PM(UTC)
fleetatks
Colonel

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
For a Single map: Name each of the supply dock/pile/warehouse(s) a specific name (such as supply001) using the object property box in worldbuilder, then go into scripts (edit->scripts) and find something near the lines of 'Change cash amount for a warehouse' (if you were using Zero Hour I could be more specific.) Then insert the correct info (Supply thing name, cash amount) and do this for every supply thing you want to change.

For The whole Game (modding):
use FinalBig to extract from C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command and Conquer Generals\INI.Big and extract "Data\INI\CivilianBuilding.ini" to anywhere (preferably an easy-access place such as your desktop), and open it up. Use Ctrl+F to find ' StartingBoxes ' And change the value. 50 = $3,500 in supplies and 400 = $60,000; so I'm not sure if this is the correct code, but you should try it out. 60k/400=150(1 = $150) and 3.5k/50=70(1 = $70) so I'm a little confused on this one.
Email me if you ever need help (edited signature November 6th, 2014)
Offline Garganoth  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 1:59:04 PM(UTC)
Garganoth
Private

I did this, finding the civilianbuildings.ini in data/ini/objects. I change the startingboxes value to 800, but the supply dock stays at only $20k-40k.
Yarr.
Offline CommieDog  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 2:20:09 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Keep in mind that setting the StartingBoxes value won't change the number of boxes (and the initial amount of cash) for Supply Docks whose capactities are set in the map. If the starting value of the Supply Dock is anything other than 30,000 then you can't change the value with INI code.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline Garganoth  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:05:13 AM(UTC)
Garganoth
Private

Ah, I see. Thanks.
Yarr.