Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TexMurphy01  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2021 6:04:31 PM(UTC)
TexMurphy01
Private

Hi there guys. Well I've been browsing the forum for a while and I've not hit upon what I would like.

A lot of the 'basic' tutorials here are all about modules and such. All I want to do is to edit one of the ZH missions to make it not such a ridiculous challenge. I mean I like a challenge, but come one (China 3 by the way, in case you didn't already guess).

I thought I'd try something simple, like allowing the overlord and inferno tank. That would be enough for me. Allowing the carpet bomb and/or artillery promotions would also be very nice.

What I've done so far:

I've downloaded the ini editor and I've found the mission ini in question. I've played with some simple things here and I can see likes like this:

Object ChinaTankOverlord
Buildable = No
End

So that's nice and simple there. Just change 'No' to 'Yes' and you're away. But wait a minute, you need the prop centre for that. And there's no code in the ini to show that it's been removed. Okay, maybe just the code to show all the buildings that are added? No? Okay...

Now I did find the object name in one of the other ini files, and it's this: ChinaPropagandaCenter

So I added this to the ini:

Object ChinaPropagandaCenter
Buildable = Yes
End

Didn't do anything unfortunately - clearly the buildings and the units are handled differently. How can I do this?
Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 12:55:21 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
The prop center is likely disabled in the map scripts. You can either edit the map itself and remove the script, or you can just remove the requirement from the overlord:

Code:
Object ChinaTankOverlord
 Prerequisites
 End
 Buildable = Yes
End
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
thanks 1 user thanked Annihilationzh for this useful post.
TexMurphy01 on 2/26/2021(UTC)
Offline TexMurphy01  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 3:51:59 AM(UTC)
TexMurphy01
Private

Thanks for the speedy response!