Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline fastiX  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 4:52:29 PM(UTC)
fastiX
Private

Sorry I keep making loads of posts to ask things, its because they are quite specific questions and its hard to find the answers online.

I just had some questions about stacking objects, for example;
Placing a euro high rise building, then copying it and raising the height of the copy to the best position so it makes it look like the building is now taller (making a sky scraper basically).
Some buildings it actually looks pretty decent if they dont have obvious floating doors and you position it exactly right, altho there is always some over-lap and it looks glitchy at times but I can live with that.
Issues with this are:
- It can look glitchy on some buildings
- You could only garrison the bottom one
- If you damage any of the stacked buildings then you get floating debris etc and it looks bad, haha

So I was just going to use them as aesthetics really on the edge of a map, which are indestructible and not garrisonable.

Have any of you guys played around with this idea before?

Other things I have been doing is like stacking crates and barrels in the back of a truck or whatever. But I have a question, not all objects can be stacked. A 100$ money crate wont stack for instance and will go to the floor in game, I had a look in scripts to see if I could find anything relating to gravity/physics etc but nothing jumped out at me.

Is there a way to make such objects levitate or sit on top of something else?

Specifically I wanted a money crate that floats off the ground a bit.

Oh yea and one last question, whats the most objects I can get away with on a 1v1 map before it starts causing lag and things, reading the world builder manual they recommend like 100 max but lol I want way more obects then that. IDK how many but would be say 400 obects ok? The limit is 1800 on the map right before a crash, if I used 400, theres no way two players going to have 1400 units so that should be ok yea? The reason for so many objects is I want to make highly detailed maps.

Edited by user Monday, April 20, 2020 4:58:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 9:04:22 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fastiX Go to Quoted Post
Oh yea and one last question, whats the most objects I can get away with on a 1v1 map before it starts causing lag and things, reading the world builder manual they recommend like 100 max but lol I want way more obects then that. IDK how many but would be say 400 obects ok? The limit is 1800 on the map right before a crash, if I used 400, theres no way two players going to have 1400 units so that should be ok yea? The reason for so many objects is I want to make highly detailed maps.

You can have as many objects as you'd like really. I once made a test map with 6k objects and nothing wrong happened.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Offline i^love^mixery  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 8:48:15 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 147 post(s)
You might be able to stop a money crate in mid-air by setting its "Held" state to true. You should be able to find a script action somewhere in Unit -> Move or something.
Offline 64Jhex  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 7:58:37 AM(UTC)
64Jhex
Private
Philippines

Regarding your HighRise idea. a script is the answer.

create a script.
under actions if True.

choose the "Set unit to be held in place, ignoring physics, Locomotors, etc."

it should look like this:

*** IF ***
True.
*** THEN ***
Set Held status for Unit '[[BUILDING NAME]]' to TRUE.