Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AngryBird5217  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 8:30:55 PM(UTC)
AngryBird5217
Private

When creating a mission or mod, is it possible to use audio not from cnc, but say a voice recording sample instead?
Sponsor
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 3:25:29 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
I do know that you can play with custom music when creating missions/maps. You just need to create a map.ini file and paste this code inside of it. It must be an .mp3 file with no spaces in the name to work.

Code:

MusicTrack MusicNameInsideWorldBuilder
   Filename = YourCustomSong.mp3
 End

When you have that .ini file you need to take your music file and go to your Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour installation location. So for example mine is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data

Once you're in there you need to create a new folder called "Audio" then a new folder inside of the Audio Folder called "Tracks" and paste the source file into there. When it's done it should look like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data\Audio\Tracks ->yourmusicishere

After that you can go into World Builder inside of the PlyrCivilian folder and create a simple script something like this:

*** IF ***
True.
*** THEN ***
[???]Play 'MusicNameInsideWorldBuilder' using fadeout (FALSE) and fadein (FALSE).

Then voila! It should work (yes you can ignore the '???' that the World Builder throws at you like for a lot of other things lol)

Do be aware that this music can be overridden at times in Skirmish maps due to the default Skirmish tracks from playing. You can get around this by editing the Skirmish Scripts specifically for that map. Also an important note is that this will not work for online play; unless you have whoever you're playing with go and create the same file structure like you did by-hand.

As for modding, that is less in my forte of knowledge when it comes to Generals. Though, I know it's definitely not impossible because many many mods out there use their own music tracks and sound events

Also, for custom sound events/audio, I'm not entirely sure on this, but I don't think it's possible to do without editing the game files like SoundEffects.ini, FXlist.ini, and Weapon.ini

Edited by user Tuesday, February 11, 2020 3:27:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
thanks 1 user thanked zero hour mad map maker for this useful post.
AngryBird5217 on 2/11/2020(UTC)
Offline AngryBird5217  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 10:18:28 PM(UTC)
AngryBird5217
Private

Ah, thanks yeshhhh that helps x33
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 10:49:03 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Lol! You're welcome xD
Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator