Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline LetsPopSomeTanks  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 5:43:37 PM(UTC)
LetsPopSomeTanks
Private

So I'm trying to edit a mod to do a few things, such as give factions powers from another faction. This is just for myself and I am not planning on redistributing this mod. I just play by myself against AI. This is for Generals: Zero Hour.

I have followed the tutorial on here that walks you through giving China's Artillery Barrage to GLA, except I gave it to USA. I followed the guide exactly, but when I went to test it, the game crashes immediately for Technical Difficulties.

I edited the INI for the mod, not the INIZH.big file. The mod I am using is The End of Days. I compared the INIZH.big file to 0TEOD-094INI.big, which looks to be like a copy of INIZH but with the changes for the mod made, thus being the reason I decided to edit 0TEOD-094INI instead of INIZH.

Should I have done all this in the INIZH file? Or is there something else I have to change? Or does the mod not work if it's detected it's been edited, perhaps?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by user Thursday, January 23, 2020 8:53:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline LetsPopSomeTanks  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 4:14:49 PM(UTC)
LetsPopSomeTanks
Private

I used FinalBig to extract the INI files needed from the 0TEOD-094INI.big file. Once extracted, I edited them according to the tutorial and then placed in them in \Data\INI and \Data\INI\Objects. I downloaded INI Checker 3.1, but it gives me like thousands of lines of stuff that says missing, and I'm not sure what to make of it. Seems like most of the missing stuff relates to new things implemented by the mod, and the generals.csf file, which I did put in \Data\English. I didn't edit anything in that file, though. The guide didn't mention needing to do that.

I just checked ReleaseCrashInfo.txt, and this is what is says:

Release Crash at Thu Jan 23 16:06:21 2020
; Reason Error parsing INI file 'Data\INI\CommandSet.ini' (Line: 'CommandSet ChinaCommandCenterCommandSet ')

Last error:

Current stack:

I then checked that line inside the file, and I don't see anything that looks wrong. I also never changed anything in that block of code. Here's what it looks like:

CommandSet ChinaCommandCenterCommandSet
1 = Command_ConstructChinaDozer
2 = Command_UpgradeChinaRadar
3 = Command_ConstructChinaNotAIVehicleListeningOutpost
4 = Command_ConstructChinaVehicleWolf
5 = Command_ClusterMines
6 = Command_ConstructChinaVehiclehackerOutpost
7 = Command_CashHack
8 = Command_ArtilleryBarrage
9 = Command_ChinaCarpetBomb
10 = Command_EMPPulse
12 = Command_Frenzy
12 = Command_UpgradeChinaMines
13 = Command_SetRallyPoint
14 = Command_DestroyBuilding
18 = Command_ConstructChinaVehicleListeningOutpost
End

Does anything appear off?

EDIT: I noticed there were two 12's, so I changed the first 12 to an 11, but still the same issue. I also tried capitalizing the 'H' in hacker for #6, still crashes on boot with the same error.

Edited by user Thursday, January 23, 2020 4:23:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline CommieDog  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 10:06:11 AM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Doesn't ZH only support up to 14 command buttons? I see you have one for a slot 18.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline LetsPopSomeTanks  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 6:22:38 PM(UTC)
LetsPopSomeTanks
Private

Originally Posted by: CommieDog Go to Quoted Post
Doesn't ZH only support up to 14 command buttons? I see you have one for a slot 18.

Sort of. Zero Hour can only display 14 buttons that a human can use, but AI can use more. Anything past 14 just won't be visible.

#3 and #18 are the same, only #3 is for humans, #18 is for AI. Not sure why it just wasn't left at using #3 for AI as well, since there aren't more than 14 buttons, but I didn't write that code, that was the author of the mod.
Offline CommieDog  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 2:12:03 AM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Hmm... Alright. You could always try commenting out the buttons one by one to see which one is causing the problem.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline LetsPopSomeTanks  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 9:41:54 AM(UTC)
LetsPopSomeTanks
Private

Originally Posted by: CommieDog Go to Quoted Post
Hmm... Alright. You could always try commenting out the buttons one by one to see which one is causing the problem.

I used Ini Checker and looked at everything with CommandSet.ini. These are the lines it shows an error. A lot of stuff with ArtilleryBarrage not existing. I don't understand though, because I never removed it. I cloned ArtilleryBarrage lines and changed them according to the tutorial.

INI Checker results - https://i.imgur.com/Y8mfaCD.png