Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RC-3197  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:53:25 PM(UTC)
RC-3197
Private

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

I am currently working on porting some models to command and conquer generals zero hour. The biggest issue I'm currently running into is that command and conquer requires the name HOUSECOLOR## in order to change the object's texture color to the player color. That by itself really isn't an issue. The issue here is there will be objects that need to be the player color and serve a function at the same time. That also isn't much of an issue because we can set most names in the unit's INI file. However, treads cannot be set in the INI file and must be named something like TREADSLXX and TREADSRXX.

Basically I need a way for a object's texture to be colored the player color and function correctly at the same time.

I'm open for any workarounds or solutions. I've thought of a few myself but I would need someone more experienced with modeling in command and conquer to tell me if it is possible or not.

Here are some of my theorized solutions, I have no clue if they would work:

1. Make a transparent duplicate of the vertices and name it housecolor so it colors the treads beneath.

2. Adjust the material lighting to make it somewhat transparent somehow so the internal color colors it

3. Make a separate model for moving that manually animates the treads

4. Put both HOUSECOLORXX and TREADSLXX in the name of the object (probably won't work)

P.S.

If you can make a fully functional (treads and all) crusader (or any vanilla tank for that matter) that is textured and fully colored the player color then we know there's a way for it to work.

EDIT
I've found what I think is a solution to the tread issue, I am going to manually animate it using Renx using the strategy found here. I'm not sure if there is anything else that will cause issues (such as wheels and chassis and whatnot) so feel free to give me a better solution than the one I found as I'm sure I'm going to run into this problem again.

Edited by user Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:59:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline Zatsupachi  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 9:37:58 AM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
You can simply just texture your models normally and label the sub-objects as HOUSECOLORxx

Edited by user Sunday, August 11, 2019 9:40:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
RGBTANKS.png (335kb) downloaded 19 time(s).
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!